You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

I have a strong idea of how this will be received here, but I present my findings in the interests of science.

Joro Vegan Eatery, Birkenhead (takeaway). £6.50

joro.jpg

Well, look. I enjoyed this. The beans, hash brown and tomato were exactly what you'd expect. The sausages were nice, similar to the Linda McCartney ones. The toast was buttered on the other side (well, not butter, obviously). The spinach/onion/mushroom mix was unusual but fine, and it all tasted good when I stuck it on the toast with everything else. The stuff in the pot is hummus, which has no business being on a breakfast.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

I have a strong idea of how this will be received here, but I present my findings in the interests of science.

joro.jpg

Well, look. I enjoyed this. The beans, hash brown and tomato were exactly what you'd expect. The sausages were nice, similar to the Linda McCartney ones. The toast was buttered on the other side (well, not butter, obviously). The spinach/onion/mushroom mix was unusual but fine, and it all tasted good when I stuck it on the toast with everything else. The stuff in the pot is hummus, which has no business being on a breakfast.

Looks grand that SD. I have tried the Linda McCartney sausages a few times but (to my palate anyway) they are well flavoured but a bit dry. Maybe I'm overdoing them in the oven  Are there any other types you'd recommend? 

2 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Looks grand that SD. I have tried the Linda McCartney sausages a few times but (to my palate anyway) they are well flavoured but a bit dry. Maybe I'm overdoing them in the oven  Are there any other types you'd recommend? 

It would look grand to a prisoner of war mate, It looks fucking shite to me.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

joro.jpg

Just got home. Pleasant afternoon. Feeling reasonably good about the world. Saw this. Remembered why as a species we’re doomed. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, KMD7 said:

The McCartney sausages are funny ones, sometimes they come out dry and sometimes they're quite juicy.

The Richmond veggie sausages are quite popular, I think they're okay but some people really love them. I quite like the Cauldron Foods ones, been a while since I had them though.

My favourite veggie sausages of all time are the Tivall frankfurters, but I know better than to recommend Israeli companies owned by Nestle on this forum. Oh shi

5 hours ago, Remmie said:

It's spelt Houmous. It's also pronounced that way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hummus

*shrugs*

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The McCartney sausages are funny ones, sometimes they come out dry and sometimes they're quite juicy.

The Richmond veggie sausages are quite popular, I think they're okay but some people really love them. I quite like the Cauldron Foods ones, been a while since I had them though.

My favourite veggie sausages of all time are the Tivall frankfurters, but I know better than to recommend Israeli companies owned by Nestle on this forum. Oh shi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hummus

*shrugs*

Thanks for the link to an American website and their preferred spelling.

36 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Thanks for the link to an American website and their preferred spelling.

The word hummus comes from Arabic

I mean, you can use the British English spelling if you want, but I'll defer to the Levantine peoples who invented it. Some of them were probably my ancestors.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I mean, you can use the British English spelling if you want, but I'll defer to the Levantine peoples who invented it. Some of them were probably my ancestors.

Borat Sagdiyev over here.

My wife who I love eternally was up slightly before me, which is unusual.

I head to the kitchen to find her making breakfest, a version of something called 'Egg Slut' it's an American institution that has a shop in Notting Hill and their breakfasts are the stuff of legend.

Anyhows I notice there's no real smell of bacon in the house even though she's cooking bacon, despite the fact that I didn't remember having bacon in the house anyway, but...

I bite in and it's tasteless, completley.

Turns out she found some bacon in the freezer and defrosted it in the microwave before frying it thereby removing every ounce of taste and ensuring the fat won't render down.

I ate it as mine was first, she threw her's sneakily after a couple of mouthfuls.

No words have yet been exchanged, but we're both in bad moods now and neither will acknowledge why.

A wasted breakfast is truly a thing to anger the gods and sully the positive psychology a Sunday morning well spent brings.

Bollocks.

NB This is an Egg Slut...

SPL-EGGSLUT-12.JPG?width=990

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I head to the kitchen to find her making breakfest, a version of something called 'Egg Slut' it's an American institution that has a shop in Notting Hill and their breakfasts are the stuff of legend.

Anyhows I notice there's no real smell of bacon in the house even though she's cooking bacon, despite the fact that I didn't remember having bacon in the house anyway, but...

Turns out she found some bacon in the freezer and defrosted it in the microwave before frying it thereby removing every ounce of taste and ensuring the fat won't render down.

I ate it as mine was first, she threw her's sneakily after a couple of mouthfuls.

No words have yet been exchanged, but we're both in bad moods now and neither will acknowledge why.

A wasted breakfast is truly a thing to anger the gods and sully the positive psychology a Sunday morning well spent brings.

Bollocks.

Should be called a cream pie with the look they've gone for.

16 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

joro.jpg

Right…

Hummus? Fuck sake - it doesn’t even look like a nice hummus you perv. I don’t care if you wanted it or not. You posted the picture 

Spinach? On a breakfast? Dear God

Beans I applaud, but why have they pressed those ones between two pieces of kitchen roll before putting them on the plate?

Well there it is - a seeded fucking batch. Uncooked at that. Bad enough you’d think, but then we are told it is buttered….wait for it….face down!! 

The hash browns look dead soggy and greasy. I’m an absolute stone wall cunt, but even I don’t deserve to look at them

Sausages and tomato look fairly decent

2 out of 10. Consider yourself on a very strong warning. Seeded fucking batch. Have you ever?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, belarus said:

Right…

Hummus? Fuck sake - it doesn’t even look like a nice hummus you perv. I don’t care if you wanted it or not. You posted the picture 

Spinach? On a breakfast? Dear God

Beans I applaud, but why have they pressed those ones between two pieces of kitchen roll before putting them on the plate?

Well there it is - a seeded fucking batch. Uncooked at that. Bad enough you’d think, but then we are told it is buttered….wait for it….face down!! 

The hash browns look dead soggy and greasy. I’m an absolute stone wall cunt, but even I don’t deserve to look at them

Sausages and tomato look fairly decent

2 out of 10. Consider yourself on a very strong warning. Seeded fucking batch. Have you ever?

I like seeded bread for sandwiches but you're right, it has absolutely no place on a cooked breakfast.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

joro.jpg

If Tracy Emin created art about breakfast, this would be it. From filthy beds to some bits of "food" thrown into non-recyclable polystyrene. 

33 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Bollocks.

A cheating spouse can be forgiven. One who serves up tasteless bacon can’t be. 

Despite what we may have been told. Love cannot conquer all. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

joro.jpg

Repped for having the nerve to post it. 

Reported to social services, the nspcc, prevent, trading standards and the CIA for deviancy