You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

2 minutes ago, Bernard Diomede said:

Forgot where I lived last night and walked home to my mam’s bladdered. Just had this beauty to cure my hangover. Not a bean in sight. 10/10 

AE1830BA-978F-4E13-A8DE-5F196F6153C1.jpeg

Out of curiosity mate, where does your mum live? 

• Upvote 1

Had a drive out this morning to Muddy Boots cafe next to Harewood House for breakkie.

bloody good effort. Best black pudding I’ve had in a very long time.

half a point off cause the egg was over cooked, though a little bit of runny yolk survived right in the middle.

half a point off cause the sausage wasn’t as tasty as it looked, even though it was a good quality, high meat content type. Just lacked a bit of seasoning.

another half a point off cause the butter was in packets under the toast and so had fallen into the beans.

overall, very strong effort worthy of 7.5/10 and may well go again. Little bit pricey though. £8 for breakfast, extra 2:50 for cappuccino.

CAAE66F9-D2ED-4A15-ADDD-9FA8FD85A5E9.jpeg

D69B4039-1B52-4B4D-A7BA-4B20A649A65E.jpeg

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Had a drive out this morning to Muddy Boots cafe next to Harewood House for breakkie.

half a point off cause the egg was over cooked, though a little bit of runny yolk survived right in the middle.

half a point off cause the sausage wasn’t as tasty as it looked, even though it was a good quality, high meat content type. Just lacked a bit of seasoning.

another half a point off cause the butter was in packets under the toast and so had fallen into the beans.

overall, very strong effort worthy of 7.5/10 and may well go again. Little bit pricey though. £8 for breakfast, extra 2:50 for cappuccino.

Was the tree stump in the middle there extra?

48 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Why is there a discarded bra on the table? 

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

The bread could have done with toasting. And is that just one each of bacon, sausage and egg? You need two of each of them. Black pudding and beans look decent though. And bacon well cooked. 

5 hours ago, Bernard Diomede said:

Forgot where I lived last night and walked home to my mam’s bladdered. Just had this beauty to cure my hangover. Not a bean in sight. 10/10 

AE1830BA-978F-4E13-A8DE-5F196F6153C1.jpeg

Out of order posting that decent breakfast,  this thread is for nasty specimens. 

Exhibit A:

4 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

On 22/06/2021 at 13:39, Bjornebye said:

I imagine if Sgt Slaughter was on death row, thats what he would order as his last meal so he could die before they electrocuted him. 

Well at least if he had hold of the bacon when they flipped the switch it would be slightly nearer to being cooked and edible 

2 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Staying at a posh hotel as a belated birthday treat. Had this today, quite tats and a nice view. 

81C7477C-B4F5-4210-BE65-0897B573BCEC.jpeg

20D7C922-B4FA-4A06-9BAD-6441EDAC18EE.jpeg

Never too posh for beans.

Looks decent but they've scrimped on the portion size, the tight cunts.

Just now, Colonel Kurtz said:

Staying at a posh hotel as a belated birthday treat. Had this today, quite tats and a nice view. 

Triangular chopped bread is certainly the preserve of the ruling classes so I guess it’s appropriate in this joint.

Mind you, the same goes for noncery, noncing and nonceism. 

A paltry portion and it’s hard to take ones eyes away from the undercooked egg. 

6/10

p.s. toast racks are for nonces. 

• Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Yes, yes, yes and yes. All of that looks bang on. I like a one of each breakfast, but that looks so good I would defo have been going in for seconds. I’m going to say, ingredients and how well it’s cooked, portion arguments aside, that’s the best I’ve seen on here. I’d have beans like your Judy does too, seeing as I’m not a pervert.

• Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Triangular chopped bread is certainly the preserve of the ruling classes so I guess it’s appropriate in this joint.

Mind you, the same goes for noncery, noncing and nonceism. 

A paltry portion and it’s hard to take ones eyes away from the undercooked egg. 

6/10

p.s. toast racks are for nonces. 

My mum used to get the toast rack out every time we had someone to stay. Bootle bird through and through, but always one for the airs and graces. Telephone voice and all

that - always threatening to send me to elocution lessons in front of people if she deemed the accent too prominent for the company we were in. Bizarre

• Upvote 1

Just now, belarus said:

My mum used to get the toast rack out every time we had someone to stay. Bootle bird through and through, but always one for the airs and graces. Telephone voice and all

that - always threatening to send me to elocution lessons in front of people if the accent was too prominent for the company we were in. Bizarre

In that case I amend my original statement.

Toast racks are for nonces and Mother Belarus (who’s not a nonce).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

You say things like "Totes amazeballs!" when slamming your spade into the backs of little old ladies' heads too, don't you?

• Upvote 1