You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

4 hours ago, belarus said:

First bite on the sausage yielded a lump of hard gristle. Straight to the dog that went.

"When you're chewing on some gristle,

Don't grumble, give a whistle,

And the dog will come running to finish off whatever's left,

And...

Always look on the bright side of life..."

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

"When you're chewing on some gristle,

Don't grumble, give a whistle,

And the dog will come running to finish off whatever's left,

And...

Always look on the bright side of life..."

“The breakfasts a piece of shit

when you look at it” 

15 hours ago, belarus said:

Got inspired by this thread so ordered a late breakfast. 

£6.80 all in - one of everything. I’d already eaten so was just after the taste really.

There was bacon, but when I opened the box it stood up, walked itself over to the oven and got in to introduce itself to its first ever interaction with heat.

First bite on the sausage yielded a lump of hard gristle. Straight to the dog that went.

Once the bacon was done it complemented the rest to being average - 6/10. The sausage was fucking filth though and was a 0.5 as a stand-alone, so that takes the score to 4/10. The bacon was raw, so another point off.

3/10. Fuming. Weekend ruined 

58CBEB15-F00F-497F-9F25-AB22F16075A0.jpeg

Did the egg act as a heat-shield for the bacon, getting itself cooked for hours, while Piggy survived?

Tinned tomatoes are a no-no, too; especially with beans. How much liquid do you want on your plate?

20 hours ago, belarus said:

Got inspired by this thread so ordered a late breakfast. 

£6.80 all in - one of everything. I’d already eaten so was just after the taste really.

There was bacon, but when I opened the box it stood up, walked itself over to the oven and got in to introduce itself to its first ever interaction with heat.

Once the bacon was done it complemented the rest to being average - 6/10. The sausage was fucking filth though and was a 0.5 as a stand-alone, so that takes the score to 4/10. The bacon was raw, so another point off.

3/10. Fuming. Weekend ruined 

58CBEB15-F00F-497F-9F25-AB22F16075A0.jpeg

You need to call in a missile strike.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Did the egg act as a heat-shield for the bacon, getting itself cooked for hours, while Piggy survived?

Tinned tomatoes are a no-no, too; especially with beans. How much liquid do you want on your plate?

Agreed - the menu listed “tomatoes”. I should have known

22 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Take two, and much better...

And yes, yes that is a mimosa, because I’m a classy bitch.

9C3273DC-D806-4BBD-8DF9-40C9371570EC.jpeg

that steak doesn’t look good, either in quality of cut or how it’s been cooked. How was it?

edit: just seen that it cost £13 so that probably answers the question

11 minutes ago, belarus said:

Right, we go again.

Away with Mrs Bela at a place called Shrigley Hall over Macclesfield way. Not tasted it yet, but I’m expecting big things compared to yesterday...

AC84EEC8-1459-4E22-97C9-9CF0B597FF2D.jpeg

I’ve stayed at Shrigley Hall, probably around ten years ago. This looks like the breakfast I had, then threw up in the bin. I mean exactly the same breakfast.

Having said that, it’s still a lot better than yesterday’s state of affairs. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’ve stayed at Shrigley Hall, probably around ten years ago. This looks like the breakfast I had, then threw up in the bin. I mean exactly the same breakfast.

Having said that, it’s still a lot better than yesterday’s state of affairs. 

Strange mix of people here - the golfers and older and more relaxed clientele, then weirdly a load of mid 20 year olds running round beaked up and blaring music.

The breakfast was sound though - solid effort apart from the tinned mushies. 7/10

4 minutes ago, belarus said:

Strange mix of people here - the golfers and older and more relaxed clientele, then weirdly a load of mid 20 year olds running round beaked up and blaring music.

The breakfast was sound though - solid effort apart from the tinned mushies. 7/10

If I remember correctly it has a decent swimming pool. 

I’d get some beak off the youngsters then hang with the oldies. The perfect combination.

Enjoy...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, belarus said:

Right, we go again.

Away with Mrs Bela at a place called Shrigley Hall over Macclesfield way. Not tasted it yet, but I’m expecting big things compared to yesterday...

Mother of god you’ve had a bad weekend that whole picture is awful what the ducking toast looks like it was roasted a week ago and that food covered in them heinz stazi are just duck you fuck off 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

If I remember correctly it has a decent swimming pool. 

I’d get some beak off the youngsters then hang with the oldies. The perfect combination.

Enjoy...

If you look carefully, you'll see he's having some coke with his breakfast.

• Upvote 3

Right, we go again.

Why did they serve it on 2 plates, I am assuming the second sausage, the second bacon, the second toast was on a second plate, right?

Also, why on earth would they put the beans on first and then put everything else on top? If you really want it, the have it over on a side. 
fairly cute to put eggs from a tiny chicken on there, yoke is 50% of the whole thing. 
And I assume the real butter is hiding somewhere on the second plate also? 
lots of assumptions 

• Upvote 2

It was apple juice - always always get it when I stay away. Never ever even consider picking it up in the supermarket for home. 

Im at the spa now sitting out having a coffee and getting moaned at for being on my phone.

The group of lads I met beaked up in the lift last night have just played past us on the golf course. They looked in good spirits. I’d be sat in the car waiting for them, screaming at people to not look at me in my pit of regret and despair if I was coming down. Fair play to them

Right, we go again.

Needs an extra sausage, bacon and egg, on a proper plate (not a little side plate) and a brew. Mushrooms and sausage look decent - 5/10

• Upvote 2