You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Been intending to post this for a few days, but not really had time. I went for breakfast with a client the other day. Some fancy place near Victoria called M. Very weird they did all the ingredients for a breakfast, but didn't actually just server a fry up. So I got this breakfast in a bun (sausage overcooked, duck egg overcooked, shitty streaky like frazzles and hash brown), with a black pudding side. Very disappointing. Taste 5/10 for the black pudding, value 0/10. 10 quid for the bun. 3 quid for the black pudding. And the worst cup of tea I've ever had was about 4 quid. 

IMG_20210525_092903.jpg

IMG_20210525_092910.jpg

Victoria was the place where I was once served bacon from a microwave. By the looks of this, I got the areas better offering. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Been intending to post this for a few days, but not really had time. I went for breakfast with a client the other day. Some fancy place near Victoria called M. Very weird they did all the ingredients for a breakfast, but didn't actually just server a fry up. So I got this breakfast in a bun (sausage overcooked, duck egg overcooked, shitty streaky like frazzles and hash brown), with a black pudding side. Very disappointing. Taste 5/10 for the black pudding, value 0/10. 10 quid for the bun. 3 quid for the black pudding. And the worst cup of tea I've ever had was about 4 quid. 

IMG_20210525_092903.jpg

IMG_20210525_092910.jpg

Upon seeing this @aRdja

103013_bos_gomes_victory_lap_hyatt_pv4vz

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

IMG_20210525_092903.jpg

IMG_20210525_092910.jpg

This place doesn’t need boycotting. It needs destroying. 

• Upvote 1

Think this review sums up Barry’s little M adventure.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile 

Emperor with no clothes. Fancy surrounding with city crowd blowing out on expenses. Food is pretentious small starters with ostentatious presentation, and they do steak. Ordered two medium rib eye, one was served rare the other well done. “Triple cooked” chips might may possibly have visited the deep fryer once, if at all. The kitchen looks to be unsupervised, and the management seem to be making too much money to care. Great atmosphere, come here to have fun, spend money, drink nice wine, and fawn over some fake cooking. Not good. Ridiculously expensive.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Been intending to post this for a few days, but not really had time. I went for breakfast with a client the other day. Some fancy place near Victoria called M. Very weird they did all the ingredients for a breakfast, but didn't actually just serve a fry up. So I got this breakfast in a bun (sausage overcooked, duck egg overcooked, shitty streaky like frazzles and hash brown), with a black pudding side. Very disappointing. Taste 5/10 for the black pudding, value 0/10. 10 quid for the bun. 3 quid for the black pudding. And the worst cup of tea I've ever had was about 4 quid. 

IMG_20210525_092903.jpg

IMG_20210525_092910.jpg

If you're in that part of the world again head towards Railhouse Cafe, they're in the same ball park price wise, but so much better.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

If you're in that part of the world again head towards Railhouse Cafe, they're in the same ball park price wise, but so much better.

Cheers Bruce. I'm in that part of the world often now. I have a customer round there (who I'll need to see at least once per week till the summer) and I've started renting a room in a place not too far away from there too. 

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

Cheers Bruce. I'm in that part of the world often now. I have a customer round there (who I'll need to see at least once per week till the summer) and I've started renting a room in a place not too far away from there too. 

It's a decent area for food, but shit for good beer.

Theres a pub called Cask in Pimlico which is great and when Market Hall is open that's a nice way to spend a day/evening.

If you're at a loose end let me know and I'll take you for a pint or six.

3 hours ago, Elite said:

People will happily pay for the experience of being served shite food at ridiculous prices due to the place being a bit quirky. Wonders never cease.

I wouldn't even call the place quirky. It's just a typical expensive grill in terms of style. I don't normally mind those places as while they likely overcharge, they tend to get the food right and in situations where it's my company paying like that, I see it as just a cost of doing business. If the customer is happy, it's generally with the cost. But that was just shite and neither of us enjoyed it. So disgusted was he with the menu, he ended up ordering this abomination. 

IMG_20210525_092923.jpg

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Theres a pub called Cask in Pimlico which is great and when Market Hall is open that's a nice way to spend a day/evening.

Sounds good Bruce - maybe in a couple of weeks would be good. I know Cask, in fact I would say that's my "local" of sorts now, I'm staying 2 mins walk from there when I'm down, although the Jugged Hare is closer to me. As you say the rest of it is shite. You can get a good gamma ray in the sports bar at Victoria station and I had a few nice German beers in the Munich Cricket Club the other night. Otherwise I've found it all pretty shit for a beer. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

That used to be our Friday after work venue a couple of years ago. Great place, great beers. There's one in Brighton as well.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

That used to be our Friday after work venue a couple of years ago. Great place, great beers. There's one in Brighton as well.

Hahahahahaha I've just clocked your signature hahahahahahahahahahahahaha superb 

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

You're a prostitute aren't you

• Upvote 2