You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

• 2 weeks later...

In many ways, this was not the best breakfast. The sausage was better than it looked. There should have been more (just the one). The bacon was way over cooked (but 3 slices). I'm guessing breakfast is not a normal menu option and they cooked it the bacon early and kept it warm, schoolboy mistake. And the "toast" was just fucking weird and mostly because I couldn't tell it was actually toasted. Oh and I've no fucking idea what they put on the egg. 

But the sun was out, it was with a delicious pint of Gamma Ray and in good company. Life is heading back - later in the year, I might find room to complain about this fry up, but today it was an almost perfect 9/10. 

The Singer Tavern, City Road, London. - £10. 

IMG_20210414_130026.jpg

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Unfortunately not. But it's a part of town where if they could charge you a tenner for walking past, they would, so I can't complain. And did I mention I was allowed to be with people and enjoy the sun and a pint? 

Repped for your experience, we are all in need a good pint in the sun with fellow human beings. Breakfast was a rip off, I'd eat it though.

23 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Unfortunately not. But it's a part of town where if they could charge you a tenner for walking past, they would, so I can't complain. And did I mention I was allowed to be with people and enjoy the sun and a pint? 

How did they react to you throwing the breakfast on the floor and setting fire to the table? 

13 minutes ago, Elite said:

Repped for your experience, we are all in need a good pint in the sun with fellow human beings. Breakfast was a rip off, I'd eat it though.

Of course it was a rip off. I would expect nothing else in a pub situation anyway. Unless it's wetherspoons of course and I'd sooner pay the tenner I just have than the £1.25 and 3 days of the shits or whatever the price is off our mate Tim. 

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

How did they react to you throwing the breakfast on the floor and setting fire to the table? 

There was nothing but love from me for them just being open. Perhaps the five pints of Gamma Ray helped my mood. I was on number 3 when I got the beer. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

In many ways, this was not the best breakfast. The sausage was better than it looked. There should have been more (just the one). The bacon was way over cooked (but 3 slices). I'm guessing breakfast is not a normal menu option and they cooked it the bacon early and kept it warm, schoolboy mistake. And the "toast" was just fucking weird and mostly because I couldn't tell it was actually toasted. Oh and I've no fucking idea what they put on the egg. 

But the sun was out, it was with a delicious pint of Gamma Ray and in good company. Life is heading back - later in the year, I might find room to complain about this fry up, but today it was an almost perfect 9/10. 

The Singer Tavern, City Road, London. - £10. 

IMG_20210414_130026.jpg

Only looking at the pint really...

But there are some positives-

beans are safely in a ramekin prison

the one lonely sausage looks decent (the one on the plus not the Wombles)

tomato is real

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Of course it was a rip off. I would expect nothing else in a pub situation anyway. Unless it's wetherspoons of course and I'd sooner pay the tenner I just have than the £1.25 and 3 days of the shits or whatever the price is off our mate Tim. 

There was nothing but love from me for them just being open. Perhaps the five pints of Gamma Ray helped my mood. I was on number 3 when I got the beer

Were you on number 8 when you wrote that, Baz?

• Upvote 1

I’m claiming this as perfect, much in the way Barry did earlier in the week. It was a perfectly sound breakfast, far from being bad, but being able to sit out with my girl and eat breakfast on a Sunday morning before heading down to the park and then onto her footy match a little later, this couldn’t have been more ideal.

I had a full English and a cappuccino, she had scrambled egg on toast (2 egg child version) and a glass of milk.

came to £8.95 all told.

bacon, sausage and egg all belting. Would’ve welcomed another egg. Tinned toms aren’t a favourite but we’re nice.

I cut the toast into triangles after buttering it, because I’m middle class.

0D73D119-CDAC-4302-B12B-D78E4F66F1B2.jpeg

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

8.95 for the brekkie, capuci and the kids brekkie?

Indeed. Didn’t read the menu til after we had ordered as the waitress arrived at our table just as we got sat down, so didn’t know prices in advance.

the brekkie was listed at £6.95 including tea, filter coffee or fruit juice so I can only assume I wasn’t charged for the cappuccino or if I was it wasn’t full cost and just an uplift. Still, very happy with that value in what I consider the best cafe in my town.

7 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Indeed. Didn’t read the menu til after we had ordered as the waitress arrived at our table just as we got sat down, so didn’t know prices in advance.

the brekkie was listed at £6.95 including tea, filter coffee or fruit juice so I can only assume I wasn’t charged for the cappuccino or if I was it wasn’t full cost and just an uplift. Still, very happy with that value in what I consider the best cafe in my town.

So you asked for a cappuccino, a kids brekkie and can you ask the chef to ruin a perfectly good breakfast for me love ta ? 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

So you asked for a cappuccino, a kids brekkie and can you ask the chef to ruin a perfectly good breakfast for me love ta ? 

You need to get past this Stig. You’re life’s not full. Embrace the bean. Never again will you get angry at seeing another mama breakfast, never again will you wonder “what can I do with this half a slice of toast I’ve still got on my plate when I’ve finished my brekkie”. You’re missing out on life and your pain and anguish are evident in your posting. Come on, lad. We’ll be here for you.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

You need to get past this Stig. You’re life’s not full. Embrace the bean. Never again will you get angry at seeing another mama breakfast, never again will you wonder “what can I do with this half a slice of toast I’ve still got on my plate when I’ve finished my brekkie”. You’re missing out on life and your pain and anguish are evident in your posting. Come on, lad. We’ll be here for you.

Its painful that you cut them pieces of toast into triangles 

EDIT: I'm not really that arsed, looked fit I just wouldn't have had beans.

Or nonces serving my kid breakfast. 

• Downvote 1

50 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Negged for still having half a slice of toast left and not being sure what to do with it. Oh and being a bean fiddler.

48 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Its painful that you cut them pieces of toast into triangles 

EDIT: I'm not really that arsed, looked fit I just wouldn't have had beans.

Or nonces serving my kid breakfast. 

Negged for backing down.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Negged for still having half a slice of toast left and not being sure what to do with it. Oh and being a bean fiddler.

Negged for backing down.

I had half a slice left intentionally and no doubt at all where it was going. It mopped up the remaining bean and tomato juice and it did it with class and style in a triangle.

20 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Negged for backing down.

Read the rest of my post you angry little hawaiian midget 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I’m claiming this as perfect, much in the way Barry did earlier in the week. It was a perfectly sound breakfast, far from being bad, but being able to sit out with my girl and eat breakfast on a Sunday morning before heading down to the park and then onto her footy match a little later, this couldn’t have been more ideal.

I had a full English and a cappuccino, she had scrambled egg on toast (2 egg child version) and a glass of milk.

came to £8.95 all told.

bacon, sausage and egg all belting. Would’ve welcomed another egg. Tinned toms aren’t a favourite but we’re nice.

I cut the toast into triangles after buttering it, because I’m middle class.

0D73D119-CDAC-4302-B12B-D78E4F66F1B2.jpeg

There’s something peculiar about how you’ve placed the cutlery. I can’t put my finger on it but I’ve forwarded this photo to a psychologist for assessment. 

As for the breakfast. I approve of everything apart from the tomatoes. 7/10.

Note: Cutting toast in triangles, whilst living in Yorkshire, will lead to nothing good. Take that behaviour back to the other side of the Pennines, where it belongs. 

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

There’s something peculiar about how you’ve placed the cutlery. I can’t put my finger on it but I’ve forwarded this photo to a psychologist for assessment. 

As for the breakfast. I approve of everything apart from the tomatoes. 7/10.

Note: Cutting toast in triangles, whilst living in Yorkshire, will lead to nothing good. Take that behaviour back to the other side of the Pennines, where it belongs. 

Woah