You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

4 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

To be fair I got my timings off. It was cooked but not brown enough I’ll agree but the eggs were in danger of becoming over cooked so it was a Sophie’s choice scenario.

No kid should be fed that bacon.

28 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

Just made this, it’s alright actually

1F84F712-93CD-4E17-9C5E-4C0C0CC153EF.jpeg

It looks like your toast has got a bad discharge problem and needs some canesten.

The sausages look like they’ve been haaaghed on, like you would on your hands on a cold day.

That bacon looks like it could make a dash for the door when it realises it’s going to be eaten.

The eggs are immense.  

1 minute ago, belarus said:

It looks like your toast has got a bad discharge problem and needs some canesten.

The sausages look like they’ve been haaaghed on, like you would on your hands on a cold day.

That bacon looks like it could make a dash for the door when it realises it’s going to be eaten.

The eggs are immense.  

Fair comments although in fairness at least I didn’t leave my house and hand over money for it.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

To be fair I got my timings off. It was cooked but not brown enough I’ll agree but the eggs were in danger of becoming over cooked so it was a Sophie’s choice scenario.

Sophie would have had a very easy decision if one of her sprogs was a pro-beaner.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Had a fry up today. The missus has become obsessed with buying food from gusto, most of which I'm not very fussed on. So on a Sunday (gusto delivery day), I'm increasingly becoming to believe breakfast has to be a meal for the day as I'll probably just push the food round my plate later. 

I hadn't planned to make a fry up today to be honest, but gusto backed me into a corner. I had some sausages from the butcher, I've nearly always got bacon. By chance I had some lovely blue eggs and I had a few slices of ultser fry in the freezer. I also had some left over home made beans from something I made last night and a pinched a hash brown off my daughter who lives on the fucking things. 

IMG_20210328_110726.jpg

Looks like there's an arm and a leg/foot in there.

Screenshot 2021-03-28 135644.png

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Had a fry up today. The missus has become obsessed with buying food from gusto, most of which I'm not very fussed on. So on a Sunday (gusto delivery day), I'm increasingly becoming to believe breakfast has to be a meal for the day as I'll probably just push the food round my plate later. 

I hadn't planned to make a fry up today to be honest, but gusto backed me into a corner. I had some sausages from the butcher, I've nearly always got bacon. By chance I had some lovely blue eggs and I had a few slices of ultser fry in the freezer. I also had some left over home made beans from something I made last night and a pinched a hash brown off my daughter who lives on the fucking things. 

IMG_20210328_110726.jpg

What in the flying f....

Dave shut it down 

2 hours ago, cloggypop said:

It's a cubist breakfast. 

47 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Good call, Cloggy - Geoff is definitely inspired by Cubism, as was Mondrian, who always put his eggs in the lower right quarter.

image.jpeg

The edges are almost impossibly round. Should invert the beans then it would be really round.

7 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

IMG_20210328_110726.jpg

Barrington, Barry, Bazza, Baz I was genuinely going to see if you fancied a day on the ale in some of the more salubrious bars in and around London I know once the plague fucks off, but, er, yeah those 'beans'?

Is this like a domestic abuse initiative we haven't had fed in yet where you post a picture of the slop your abuser is making you ingest so the authorities are called on the sly to come and free you from the hell you're enduring?

Fucking hell, those beans look like they have their own language and social customs they're so evolved.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Barrington, Barry, Bazza, Baz I was genuinely going to see if you fancied a day on the ale in some of the more salubrious bars in and around London I know once the plague fucks off, but, er, yeah those 'beans'?

Is this like a domestic abuse initiative we haven't had fed in yet where you post a picture of the slop your abuser is making you ingest so the authorities are called on the sly to come and free you from the hell you're enduring?

Fucking hell, those beans look like they have their own language and social customs they're so evolved.

Well they're not just beans. There's chick peas in there. Onions and spring onions. They were to go with some BBQ food I planned to have on Saturday night, but that glorious sunshine of yesterday morning disappeared, so it became burgers on the George foreman and smokey BBQ beans just didn't seem the same, so there was a shitload left.