You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

Fish for breakfast is great if it's something like kedgeree. It's good if it's something like smoked kippers with butter. It is totally acceptable if it's a fish finger sandwich. It is highly questionable if it's part of a fry-up. It's fucking Yewtree behaviour if it's out of a tin and served with beans.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Fish for breakfast is great if it's something like kedgeree. It's good if it's something like smoked kippers with butter. It is totally acceptable if it's a fish finger sandwich. It is highly questionable if it's part of a fry-up. It's fucking Yewtree behaviour if it's out of a tin and served with beans.

Donburi bowls at Tsukiji fish market are genuinely amazing and to this day, and perhaps forever, my second favourite breakfast ever.

26 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I'd have sardines for breakfast, but fresh and pan fried. Goes well with scrambled eggs.

How was the black pudding?

Mate it all went together perfectly. The black pudding was delicious. Cant tell the difference at all. 

25 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I bet Richmond producing their meat free sausages was a real stretch.

Mate they were lovely. I'm not a fan of their meat ones personally but these ones piss on the Linda McCartney ones. Absolutely piss on them. @Remmie have you tried them? 

42 minutes ago, Champ said:

It’s just one of my favourite things to eat on a hot summers day, that’s all

Oh. I thought you were calling me gay x 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Mate it all went together perfectly. The black pudding was delicious. Cant tell the difference at all. 

Mate they were lovely. I'm not a fan of their meat ones personally but these ones piss on the Linda McCartney ones. Absolutely piss on them. @Remmie have you tried them? 

You've got corona virus. No sense of taste or smell.

• Upvote 1

Looking at pictures of vegan/vegetarian substitutes in this thread is akin to opening up the ‘fit birds that fly under the radar’ one and being subjected to half naked pictures of Harry Styles. Nothing wrong with the photos per se, horses for courses and all that, but shouldn’t be sharing the same home as food for the sane. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Richmond Meat Free Sausages, Scrambled Egg, Vegan Black Pudding, Cherry Tomatoes and Sardines. Come at me. 

A1A0E43A-EC1E-40FF-9FC3-19A7E459949F.jpeg

It's shit like this that has put us where we are now.

Just fuck off.

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

No, never heard of them and haven't seen veggie black pudding before, not sure what I think about that

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Fowlers God said:

EC5A3839-46FE-4755-A893-49F19C73FBC0.jpeg

First the positives...

Now the negatives...

Whoever plated this up has forgotten the beans. Assume they have been arrested by now. 

The sausages resemble the flaccid penis of somebody voting for Star Wars in the movie franchise competition.

Bacon is nowhere near crispy enough. If it could talk, it would probably apologise to the person about to eat it. 

Eggs look a little under done as well, edible though.

Mushrooms look a bit like an afterthought, especially the baby of the family. 

Bread instead of toast! Shambles and a little disturbing. 

6/10.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

First the positives...

Now the negatives...

Whoever plated this up has forgotten the beans. Assume they have been arrested by now. 

The sausages resemble the flaccid penis of somebody voting for Star Wars in the movie franchise competition.

Bacon is nowhere near crispy enough. If it could talk, it would probably apologise to the person about to eat it. 

Eggs look a little under done as well, edible though.

Mushrooms look a bit like an afterthought, especially the baby of the family. 

Bread instead of toast! Shambles and a little disturbing. 

6/10.

Negged for not mentioning the lack of black pudding.

• Upvote 1