You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

3 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

It's a no from me Clive.

Cute little park cafe serving one of the best breakfasts in Liverpool

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/cute-little-park-cafe-serving-18908747

0_LEC_100920WATERINGCAN-1jpeg.jpg

A fish finger, lettuce and some kind of small animal sick cannot be anywhere near something labelled ‘best breakfast’. 

14 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

It's a no from me Clive.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/cute-little-park-cafe-serving-18908747

Pretentious shit like that is all too common nowadays. Cunts reinventing the wheel and charging astronomical prices for it. Burp and you’d be hungry again.

7 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

That’s not lettuce, it’s something much more sinister; it’s avocado on toast. 

Disgraceful. The only place where an avocado can be tolerated is as a starter at a 1970’s dinner party, just prior to picking out car keys from a hat to establish who you’ll be swapping partners with for ‘desert’.

Yorkie's plate - the bacon is so embarrassed it is covering up.

Baz's effort - streaky bacon and vegetable spread - kinell.

PD's contribution - has all the right parts but is put together like Stevie Wonder assembled a Mr Potato Head.

I don't think I would eat any of those, much less pay to eat any of those.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

PaulieD here with another breakfast review. 

Angie's Cafe at the bottom of Sydney Street (dormerly Parker's cafe).

Haven't been to the establishment before since my dad got barred from Parker's and there was a family wide boycott. Returned  today as it's under new management. 

Large breakfast £7

2 bacon - well cooked, crispy skin

2 sausage - good quality well cooked

1 black pudding slice, again well cooked, crispy outside

1 Ulster fry slice - bit charred for me 

1 liver sausage slice - superb addition often missed in a full breakfast. 

1 fried egg - pretty good, no crispy bottom

Hash brown - plate filler

Mushrooms - fried in butter

Beans - of course, Heinz

Tomatoes - tinned which, for me, loses points. 

Not pictured 2 white toast, spread not butter and a cup of tea in a sensible white mug. 

Probably the best breakfast posted on here in a good few weeks. Tomatoes aside I smashed the lot. Meat items were cooked fresh, none of this kept warm nonsense and piping hot on delivery. 

Slight loss of points for hash brown not being crisp enough and tinned tomatoes instead of a fried tomato half. 

7.2/10 for me. 

IMG_20200913_103000.jpg

Looks good that, will give it a go. 

I tried that jaxons craft pub for the 1st time yesterday, it was good, I liked it. 

2 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

It's a no from me Clive.

It's a hash brown and the writer requested the avocado. Think that looks good tbh. Tom looks a bit underdone, but a dippable hash brown would go down well. 

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

The bacon was awful. One of the eggs was hard. Fucking sunflower spread. The black pudding was crap. The tomato as good as raw. The sausage was alright, which is why it got 1. 

The ‘bacon’ and the person who bought it, the person who made it, the person who cooked it should be brought to The Hague and prosecuted. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/09/2020 at 14:06, Colonel Kurtz said:

Here is this weeks post Saturday morning football effort. Cooked by Mrs Kurtz not me.  No black pudding or kidneys though. I insist the beans are served separately. 
BEE3C5FE-36E0-4435-AC31-CE746649C754.jpeg

Cunt

5 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Ken Morrison’s contribution to the cause. It is what it is. I had to purchase extra toast which knocks a mark off. The lady who served me it was kindly so mark back on. 

Distinctly average but doing the job and still a lot better than anything from the Kurtz stable of breakfasts shaming the nation.

5/10. 

9C9A1D37-5E5E-4B18-8FF6-522A4BBB043C.jpeg

Dirty cunt

5 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

WARNING. HEALTH HAZARD AHEAD. 

I was travelling through Euston on Friday. The pub in the station opened back up for the 1st time since lockdown this week. I was starving so went in to eat. I wasn't going to go for breakfast as it was 11.30 and I figured it wouldn't be great even if it was still on the menu. But it was actually the only food they were doing. So there were about 4 breakfast choices, none with any description of what was in it (app orders only and no menus). So I went for something like full English and this is the over priced monstrosity. Let this serve as a warning. Do not eat breakfast in the pub in Euston station. 1/10 and it was about 14 quid I think with coffee. 

IMG_20200911_114940.jpg

Horrible cunt

4 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

PaulieD here with another breakfast review. 

Angie's Cafe at the bottom of Sydney Street (dormerly Parker's cafe).

Haven't been to the establishment before since my dad got barred from Parker's and there was a family wide boycott. Returned  today as it's under new management. 

Large breakfast £7

2 bacon - well cooked, crispy skin

2 sausage - good quality well cooked

1 black pudding slice, again well cooked, crispy outside

1 Ulster fry slice - bit charred for me 

1 liver sausage slice - superb addition often missed in a full breakfast. 

1 fried egg - pretty good, no crispy bottom

Hash brown - plate filler

Mushrooms - fried in butter

Beans - of course, Heinz

Tomatoes - tinned which, for me, loses points. 

Not pictured 2 white toast, spread not butter and a cup of tea in a sensible white mug. 

Probably the best breakfast posted on here in a good few weeks. Tomatoes aside I smashed the lot. Meat items were cooked fresh, none of this kept warm nonsense and piping hot on delivery. 

Slight loss of points for hash brown not being crisp enough and tinned tomatoes instead of a fried tomato half. 

7.2/10 for me. 

IMG_20200913_103000.jpg

Dave 

3 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

It's a no from me Clive.

Fuck off 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Then add tea/coffee water/juice, the sneaky little cover charge and service charge, it’s about £30 all in.

Yep. Well, it's practically £30 once you've added in the extra sausage and black pudding that should be there in the first place, let alone drinks.