You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

8 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Toast is an abomination, but swap the mushrooms for black pudding and that would be very good.

I did ask her to go out and get black pudding, but she wouldn’t do I might dump her in a swamp later in the year.

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

What is it with the toast being sliced diagonally? It makes zero practical sense. Apart from the toast and beans it all looks lovely. I even like the plate. 

It fits better on the plate and got dipped corner first into both egg yolks. Tremendous.

28 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Have that you pricks.

B74FEC5B-FD3C-4740-8432-91B69D17B5F8.jpeg

Isn't anyone going to mention the eggs, they look like they have been cooked in soy sauce. I'm trying to figure out which state of America you are trying to recreate, but it clearly borders hell aka beans

5 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Isn't anyone going to mention the eggs, they look like they have been cooked in soy sauce. I'm trying to figure out which state of America you are trying to recreate, but it clearly borders hell aka beans

For a change, I chose to fry the sausage and bacon and cooked the eggs in the same pan, in the same oil, so that explains the colour on the eggs, as well as explaining why they tasted so fucking good!

• Upvote 1

I shopped at Lidl this morning for the 1st time ever. There's something the kids like in the packed lunch that they do, so I dropped in to get it, my missus normally does this on her way home. 

So I decided to get some breakfast ingredients, which I'm going to make tomorrow, I've got their bacon, eggs, Lincolnshire sausage and black pudding. It'll be all new for me, so I might be wasting a Sunday feed. 

• Upvote 1

On 26/08/2020 at 18:32, KMD7 said:

Went with the veggie option in a cafe in Galway this morning as  I've been put salty foods since the Op. It was alright apart from the egg on the left which was burnt underneath. The beans were their own made butter beans in a spicy sauce, was lovely. The spinach was just tasteless sludge. Came with Sourdough Toast and tea.  €7.95.

Do your worst.

20200826_182913.jpg

Stig mentioned roast potatoes on another thread, I thought it was a joke. 

I took my youngest to anfield this morning to see the trophy. When we were in at @Dougie Do'ins suggestion we gave Georgie porgies a try. They forgot my egg and it turned up a few mins later. £6 for full English including tea. 60p each for the 2 extra slices of Ulster Fry, so £7.20 in total. It wasn't too bad, the sausage was decent quality but I despise them being cut in two and cooked from the inside like that. There were millions of beans. 

1 tea

2 toast

1 egg

1 black pudding

1 hash brown

2 bacon

2 Ulster Fry

2 sausage

1.4m beans

8/10 value

6/10 quality. 

IMG_20200901_112717.jpg

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I took my youngest to anfield this morning to see the trophy. When we were in at @Dougie Do'ins suggestion we gave Georgie porgies a try. They forgot my egg and it turned up a few mins later. £6 for full English including tea. 60p each for the 2 extra slices of Ulster Fry, so £7.20 in total. It wasn't too bad, the sausage was decent quality but I despise them being cut in two and cooked from the inside like that. There were millions of beans. 

1 tea

2 toast

1 egg

1 black pudding

1 hash brown

2 bacon

2 Ulster Fry

2 sausage

1.4m beans

8/10 value

6/10 quality. 

IMG_20200901_112717.jpg

The bacon and Ulster Fry look like they have been recooked about a dozen times. Why would you cut a sausage in half before cooking it?

Diet Coke is for bastards.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

The bacon and Ulster Fry look like they have been recooked about a dozen times. Why would you cut a sausage in half before cooking it?

Diet Coke is for bastards.

i think they were freshly cooked, but i didn't have view of the grill from where i was sitting. i think they don't cut the sausage in half at the start, they cut it when they think it's cooked and then fry the middle to make sure it is cooked, but just drain all the moisture. i hate it. my missus does it when she makes herself sausage on toast. i don't get it. 

my daughter says she thinks turd brown trainees and gum soles are for cunts. haha. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

i think they were freshly cooked, but i didn't have view of the grill from where i was sitting. i think they don't cut the sausage in half at the start, they cut it when they think it's cooked and then fry the middle to make sure it is cooked, but just drain all the moisture. i hate it. my missus does it when she makes herself sausage on toast. i don't get it. 

my daughter says she thinks turd brown trainees and gum soles are for cunts. haha. 

Ha ha. 

My wife bakes boss cakes but almost always burns savoury food. Her most recent attempt at frying sausages, needless to say I didn’t eat them.

743BF70C-3B91-471E-BDBB-5DF7C305DBC9.jpeg