You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

6 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I've been watching some ghost videos on Youtube - I think this has those all beaten.

I like the way you’ve distracted yourself from the undercooked bacon, egg and hash brown by building a mug/saucer/salt or pepper pot tower. A worthy feat of engineering which shows someone’s on top of their creative game in that establishment, shame it’s not the chef. 

Look at the state of those beans -

giphy.gif

Luckily they served it to you in a shallow bowl otherwise they would be all over the table. There is actually bean juice that has already made it under the breakwater and is approaching the eggs which are doing their damnedest to jump out of the bowl entirely.

• Upvote 2

Went with the veggie option in a cafe in Galway this morning as  I've been put salty foods since the Op. It was alright apart from the egg on the left which was burnt underneath. The beans were their own made butter beans in a spicy sauce, was lovely. The spinach was just tasteless sludge. Came with Sourdough Toast and tea.  €7.95.

Do your worst.

20200826_182913.jpg

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Went with the veggie option in a cafe in Galway this morning as  I've been put salty foods since the Op. It was alright apart from the egg on the left which was burnt underneath. The beans were their own made butter beans in a spicy sauce, was lovely. The spinach was just tasteless sludge. Came with Sourdough Toast and tea.  €7.95.

Do your worst.

20200826_182913.jpg

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, KMD7 said:

Do your worst.

20200826_182913.jpg

"Dere's more to Oirlund dan dis!"

I hope so mate, I really do.

5 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Just waiting for my veggie breakfast £6.95 at Chaplins in Dover. 

Yes I ordered coffee, about to spend 3+ hours travelling with my toddler and baby son

IMG_20200827_095420.jpg

Didnt know you had a recent addition to the family Rem. Congrats to you both

• Upvote 1

Originally would have had mandatory beans, which I rightly refused, it also came with hash browns which I swapped for mushrooms with my wife. 

The veggie sausages were the sort that had carrot and peas in them, I can eat them but don't really enjoy them. These were nice and 

crispy on the outside but ultimately disappointing. The mushrooms were well cooked..... on one side and barely on the other, they were quite watery and didn't taste of much. The tomato was cooked properly and was suitably juicy, not bad. The eggs looked awful with a crust underneath and pot marks to rival a world of warcraft convention, I think they used a bit too much oil and heated up too hot before the long drop into the pan, then cooked in a ring, not sure how I feel about that. Having said all that they actually tasted pretty damn good, the yolk was cooked through but still runny and went well with the already buttered toast (in triangles!!!). 

The coffee had nice foam with chocolate but was quite bitter and I think they used too fine a grind setting as there were small bits of residue in it, I've been watching too much Hoffman. 

5/10 - some enjoyable parts but definitely could do better

IMG_20200827_100005.jpg

• Upvote 5

22 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Originally would have had mandatory beans, which I rightly refused, it also came with hash browns which I swapped for mushrooms with my wife. 

The veggie sausages were the sort that had carrot and peas in them, I can eat them but don't really enjoy them. These were nice and 

crispy on the outside but ultimately disappointing. The mushrooms were well cooked..... on one side and barely on the other, they were quite watery and didn't taste of much. The tomato was cooked properly and was suitably juicy, not bad. The eggs looked awful with a crust underneath and pot marks to rival a world of warcraft convention, I think they used a bit too much oil and heated up too hot before the long drop into the pan, then cooked in a ring, not sure how I feel about that. Having said all that they actually tasted pretty damn good, the yolk was cooked through but still runny and went well with the already buttered toast (in triangles!!!). 

The coffee had nice foam with chocolate but was quite bitter and I think they used too fine a grind setting as there were small bits of residue in it, I've been watching too much Hoffman. 

IMG_20200827_100005.jpg

That looks drier than the menopause.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Remmie said:

IMG_20200827_100005.jpg

We’re the enjoyable parts the surroundings and the company as there’s fuck all on that plate that’s enjoyable.

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

IMG_20200827_100005.jpg

Where's the fucking bacon???

17 hours ago, KMD7 said:

Do your worst.

20200826_182913.jpg

I bet young Spartan warriors were made to eat that as their final rite of passage.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Remmie said:

IMG_20200827_100005.jpg

The only plus point I can take from that picture, is that the shape of the eggs will have enabled you to get a fair bit of distance on them when you lashed them across the restaurant 

• Upvote 2