You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

1 minute ago, The Gaul said:

Beach cafe in Falmouth. Go and sort them out. 

I know exactly the establishment this is, its on Gyllyngvase beach and is 20 minutes from me. I've never eaten there and never will now.

I hope you had an ice cream from the van at Pendennis head just up from there, the bloke is a mad keen red and always wears a liver bird apron.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, A Red said:

I know exactly the establishment this is, its on Gyllyngvase beach and is 20 minutes from me. I've never eaten there and never will now.

I hope you had an ice cream from the van at Pendennis head just up from there, the bloke is a mad keen red and always wears a liver bird apron.

That's the one mate. Pretty sure my daughter got an ice cream from the van - although she never mentioned any Liverpool stuff, but she does live with a view of the world that just about everyone alive is a Liverpool fan aside from a few stupid kids in her school who support Everton. 

The biggest bonus of the place for me was picking up some take aways from the seafood bar run by verdant brewery. Some absolute crackers even if they were pub pint prices. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Wait till Tony seed Belarus was having breakfast with his Ma.

Actual breakfast looked alright. Beans imprisoned in a ramekin, as they should be.

You need a bit of that.

19 hours ago, The Gaul said:

I was away in Cornwall this week. I had just the one fry up in a beach cafe while the kids were doing a paddle boarding lesson. It's got to be said I was massively disappointed, but did discover some weird pork thing I'm told is called "hogs pudding", which is alright and I bought some to bring home. The only other positive I can say is it was half price due to this new government thing, so 6.20 for this and a coffee, I'd have been absolutely fuming had I paid over 12 quid for this. 

The only thing I think they actually cooked fresh are the weird potato things and toast, with the rest is pre-cooked and microwaved, including the egg. 2/10

IMG_20200803_111912.jpg

IMG_20200803_114016.jpg

IMG_20200806_092515.jpg

Higgs spud didn’t us ace. 

That is shite. 

12 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

It’s just red sugar really. I needed it yesterday.
Funny thing is of all the mad things I’ve done whilst drunk in the last 40 years, impulsively putting up a picture on here of my badly cooked hungover breakfast is now in my top 10 of regrets. You live and learn. 

No. Cooking, or actually not cooking that Shite is now number 1. 

You only ever have HP with a breakfast. 

2 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

No I’ve done far worse. Badly cooking then posting a breakfast doesn't risk a custodial sentence, all of my top 5 did. Maybe we should have a thread on mad things I have done when drunk. 

Your gonna need two lists then fella as the Breakfast was a "not drunk" thing.

7 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

The sausage was cut because I using it as a prop to show my little boy how to use his knife and fork. There are no beans. There are never any beans. 

You should have instructed your boy that knives and forks can be utilised slightly differently, depending on the food.

In this case the fork should be left to one side while the knife is used to slide this excuse for a breakfast into the bin.

A missed opportunity to teach a valuable life lesson. 

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

The sausage was cut because I using it as a prop to show my little boy how to use his knife and fork. There are no beans. There are never any beans. 

Why would he need a knife and fork to lash the plate at the wall?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

An effort I had today at an American Diner in Yorkshire.

It was pretty terrific & 50% off. 

I also did something I’d never normally entertain, I ate the beans as well. 

C0BF89D6-8894-4A08-BD5C-244F11AA350D.jpeg

tenor.gif?itemid=14714729