You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

Even more alarming than the extortionate prices of these breakfasts is the feeling that the cook has either given up on life, or is an ex-felon stuck in a demeaning job as a short order cook, but secretly itching for some action and the chance of one last big payday like the guy in Heat.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PestiRed said:

Right, get your negs ready.

A little pre-amble. A french breakfast/brunch place has opened over the road from me and we’ve been going at the weekend for the last few weeks. It’s posh and a little over-priced. They do an amazing eggs benedict, American pancake and salty waffini. You can’t get an English breakfast in Hungary - the ingredients simply don’t exist- however it was on the menu so I though I’d try it out, mainly to post here

It cost £12 which is roughly 2-3 times I would normally pay for a breakfast here. As well as the plate of food, it cam with a freshly squeezed orange juice, a choice of tea or coffee (including cappuccinos, lattes etc) and a basket of sliced baguette (good bread made in-house but clearly not toast).

The eggs and bacon were perfect. The sausage was obviously not British (closer to a Stuttgart) and far too small but I was half-expecting to be given a frankfurter so not a complete disaster. The black pudding was actually a German blutwurst - nice but not black pudding. I don’t know what the tiny hash brown type thing was about. Mushrooms and tomatoes were cooked well. No idea what the green stuff was there for, it wasn’t mentioned on the menu.

If I’d been served this in England I would be upset and rate it about 4/10. In Hungary it rates as a great attempt and gets 8/10

just as a side-note, beans were offered but I declined because I’m not a scruffy bastard

0C3B9B06-EDAD-482F-8B47-15ECDCF56AB9.jpeg

Hope you had a pint of Palinka with it! Needed to get over the embarrassment of having cocktail sausages, bean sprouts and mashed hash brown for breakfast. 

To provide balance, the eggs look good. Black pudding a bit small but reasonable. Bacon is always shit in Eastern Europe but this looks ok.

C+ out of 10.  

28 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Here is today’s hangover effort. Do you worst. 

F0BE424D-5588-4699-BE74-D440E8ABAC17.jpeg

I was in quite a good mood. Heading out in a bit for some afternoon drinks in the sun. Popped in here to kill a few minutes before I need to leave. Saw this. Day ruined.

Tory cunt.  

Black pudding looks overcooked but black pudding can be deceptive, even when cooked well, so I’ll let that pass.

But the bacon looks like it was wafted at a radiator from across the room for ten seconds each side, and tomato sauce, man, tomato sauce...

At least there are no beans.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, PestiRed said:

A little pre-amble. A french breakfast/brunch place has opened over the road from me and we’ve been going at the weekend for the last few weeks. It’s posh and a little over-priced. They do an amazing eggs benedict, American pancake and salty waffini. You can’t get an English breakfast in Hungary - the ingredients simply don’t exist- however it was on the menu so I though I’d try it out, mainly to post here

I’ll mark you up for it being in Hungary and also no beans. It’s far from the worst effort in here and I suppose it was nice of the chef to have a shit on it before they served it to you. What’s with the gold all over the plate and mug? Posh cunt. 5/10

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Here is today’s hangover effort. Do you worst. 

F0BE424D-5588-4699-BE74-D440E8ABAC17.jpeg

Guck me Terry Waite got better breakfasts than that. This is the ‘what constitutes the Perfect COOKED breakfast thread’ you scruffy twat. I assume you just ate the beans out of the tin 

3 hours ago, PestiRed said:

It cost £12 which is roughly 2-3 times I would normally pay for a breakfast here. As well as the plate of food, it cam with a freshly squeezed orange juice, a choice of tea or coffee (including cappuccinos, lattes etc) and a basket of sliced baguette (good bread made in-house but clearly not toast).

The eggs and bacon were perfect. The sausage was obviously not British (closer to a Stuttgart) and far too small but I was half-expecting to be given a frankfurter so not a complete disaster. The black pudding was actually a German blutwurst - nice but not black pudding. I don’t know what the tiny hash brown type thing was about. Mushrooms and tomatoes were cooked well. No idea what the green stuff was there for, it wasn’t mentioned on the menu.

If I’d been served this in England I would be upset and rate it about 4/10. In Hungary it rates as a great attempt and gets 8/10

just as a side-note, beans were offered but I declined because I’m not a scruffy bastard

Negged for salad. Was that mug designed for one of Jeremy Beadle's hands?

• Upvote 1