You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

6 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Rock Salt, Crosby 

£8 without a drink. 

Very enjoyable, if a little steep without a drink, I'm off vegetarianism for a bit and though the sausage tasted like heaven. Home made rosti was a bit meh but every other element flawless and the poached egg was perfect. 

IMG_20200710_130309.jpg

Tomato Branch

Giant Chicken McNugget

Ponce cut on the toast

Bacon Clangers

Crosby

1/10

7 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Rock Salt, Crosby 

£8 without a drink. 

Very enjoyable, if a little steep without a drink, I'm off vegetarianism for a bit and though the sausage tasted like heaven. Home made rosti was a bit meh but every other element flawless and the poached egg was perfect. 

IMG_20200710_130309.jpg

Looks nice that, but that should be about 4 or 5 quid for that size. Crosby tax. 

On 10/07/2020 at 13:27, Paulie Dangerously said:

Rock Salt, Crosby 

£8 without a drink. 

IMG_20200710_130309.jpg

£8 for that ? Kinell.  

Hartwood Hotel, Chorley.

I've been on a pretty extreme diet but this weekend I'm indulging. Got bladdered last night with a new lady friend so was looking forward to breakfast immensely, as I'm back on plan tomorrow.

This was superb. Everything cooked to perfection. I don't like mushrooms but even they appeared to be well done.

£14 including all the extras, orange juice and two coffees. I'd give it 10 out of 10 but there was no fried bread and the toast was a bit meagre.

20200712_092011.jpg

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Vector Sigma said:

Hartwood Hotel, Chorley.

I've been on a pretty extreme diet but this weekend I'm indulging. Got bladdered last night with a new lady friend so was looking forward to breakfast immensely, as I'm back on plan tomorrow.

This was superb. Everything cooked to perfection. I don't like mushrooms but even they appeared to be well done.

£14 including all the extras, orange juice and two coffees. I'd give it 10 out of 10 but there was no fried bread and the toast was a bit meagre.

20200712_092011.jpg

Did you pour the beans over the other ingredients or dip from the pot provided, perhaps scooping up a few beans on the end of a sausage, hash brown etc?

5 minutes ago, Vector Sigma said:

Hartwood Hotel, Chorley.

20200712_092011.jpg

Pretty good that. Tomato and shrooms do indeed look quite nice.

Also nice how the chef decided to let the pig live.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Did you pour the beans over the other ingredients or dip from the pot provided, perhaps scooping up a few beans on the end of a sausage, hash brown etc?

I removed the mushrooms, created a sausage breakwater and then poured the beans onto the plate.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Simply superb. 

Ha ha, I should have taking a pic of the resulting plate but I was fucking starving and my lady friend, who was in the hotel room, kept sending me saucy pictures. So I gobbled it all down quick as a flash and then headed back to the room.

Been a good weekend on the whole so far!!

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Vector Sigma said:

Ha ha, I should have taking a pic of the resulting plate but I was fucking starving and my lady friend, who was in the hotel room kept sending me saucy pictures. So I gobbled it all down quick as a flash and then headed back to the room.

Been a good weekend on the whole so far!!

Sounds fantastic. Sauce (bean at least) for breakfast and sauce for after breakfast. You’ve obviously been doing something right. Enjoy what’s left of it. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Vector Sigma said:

Hartwood Hotel, Chorley.

20200712_092011.jpg

What toast? 

24 minutes ago, Vector Sigma said:

Hartwood Hotel, Chorley.

20200712_092011.jpg

Looks good but £14 seems way to much to pay. That bread doesn't look toasted but then there's not that much of it to toast.

I went to Georgie Porgies (opposite Anfield) yesterday and paid six quid for their large breakfast. There was fuck all large about it though. X2 skinny sausages. X2 Bacon. Beans. Tomatoes. X1 Hash brown, X1 Black pud. X2 toast X1 tea.

The easing of the lock down seems to have given breakfast providers licence to take the piss.

2 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Looks good but £14 seems way to much to pay. That bread doesn't look toasted but then there's not that much of it to toast.

I went to Georgie Porgies (opposite Anfield) yesterday and paid six quid for their large breakfast. There was fuck all large about it though. X2 skinny sausages. X2 Bacon. Beans. Tomatoes. X1 Hash brown, X1 Black pud. X2 toast X1 tea.

The easing of the lock down seems to have given breakfast providers licence to take the piss.

To be fair to them the standard breakfast was only £7.99. I wanted all the extra which bumped the price up obviously.

I'm a big fan of the metal ramekin to hold the beans, rather than the ceramic.

I'm guessing you could hit the former as hard as you possible could with a cricket bat and it would hold form as it carried the beans to a safe distance. Unlike the ceramic, which would shatter, scattering beans everywhere, turning a disappointment into a disaster.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Vector Sigma said:

Hartwood Hotel, Chorley.

20200712_092011.jpg

The cheek of the cunts, charging £14 and not including black pudding. The frozen hash browns are an insult and the tomato looks like Dennis the Menace.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

The cheek of the cunts, charging £14 and not including black pudding. The frozen hash browns are an insult and the tomato looks like Dennis the Menace.

As mentioned it was my gluttony that bumped the price up. I'm not keen on black pudding and the hash browns tasted amazing.

3 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Can’t remember if it was premier inn or another hotel chain linked with a pub...

But they had an all you can eat breakfast with Yorkshire puddings! 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Yorkshire puddings are useless without gravy.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

The Premier Inn are doing an all you can eat English breakfast for £9.50 but your kids eat for free. My two boys can eat their own body weight in a sitting then run it off playing football all day so its a bargain. We are sunday regulars at ours. We will bankrupt them eventually. 

Fuck off, Code