You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

Everything served on top of beans! Farmfoods frozen hash brown. Half an undercooked tomato, one crispy fried egg, a single slice of toast and just the one slice of black pudding. How many rashers of bacon? £11.90! Robbing bastards!

Two rashers. The beans were great. 

The black pudding was very, very thick. 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

The Mermaid Inn, Ipswich. 8.5/10. £7.95 for full English (as shown) and unlimited visits to the continental menu. As much tea, toast, fruit juice, cereal and croissants (butter and chocolate variety) as you can stuff your little face with.

As I decided to review it for TLW I took one for the team and left the beans on. Fortunately, although not penned in a ramekin the sauce was thick enough, and minimal enough, to keep the Coronavirus of the breakfast plate in their place. Black pudding was thin, but very well cooked (soft not crispy) and not fried to a crisp as I first feared. Everything else well cooked and no fat or mushroom juice on the plate. I was impressed. No doubt you won’t be.

2U9W8fs.jpg

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Looks good, apart from the Hash Browns. More bacon or an extra sausage instead of those please. Fried Bread instead/or with the toast as well. Good effort though. 

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Unlimited toast and croissants? What the fuck are you doing 1) here 2) not in a coma with a ripped intestine?

To be honest I stuck to the fruit juice. So will be farting later. The full English was enough.

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

The Mermaid Inn, Ipswich. 8.5/10. £7.95 for full English (as shown) and unlimited visits to the continental menu. As much tea, toast, fruit juice, cereal and croissants (butter and chocolate variety) as you can stuff your little face with.

As I decided to review it for TLW I took one for the team and left the beans on. Fortunately, although not penned in a ramekin the sauce was thick enough, and minimal enough, to keep the Coronavirus of the breakfast plate in their place. Black pudding was thin, but very well cooked (soft not crispy) and not fried to a crisp as I first feared. Everything else well cooked and no fat or mushroom juice on the plate. I was impressed. No doubt you won’t be.

2U9W8fs.jpg

This makes me so London sick. Considering making Aussie adventure a short one now.

7 hours ago, Anubis said:

2U9W8fs.jpg

Suddenly the Suffolk Stranglers motives all make sense. 

The Bacon looks shit and unsmoked. The sausages look pathetic. Hash browns look ok. Bean cunts. One half of an uncooked tomato. Lame looking sole mushroom. Eggs look fine. Skinniest black pudding ever. 

Get it ran over by a tractor. 0/10. 

8 minutes ago, mattyq said:

The hash browns look like full on Aids vectors and I can smell the unholy stench of the beans from here

Apart from that looks decent and well priced 6.5/10

Well priced Matty? You do know he paid them for it not the other way around 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Well priced Matty? You do know he paid them for it not the other way around 

Mate, he was staying in a hotel at the exact central point of Incest, carrot crunching and general yokel idiocy in the UK

To get that breakfast and free drinks, pastries etc is nothing short of miraculous and should be applauded

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Mate, he was staying in a hotel at the exact central point of Incest, carrot crunching and general yokel idiocy in the UK

To get that breakfast and free drinks, pastries etc is nothing short of miraculous and should be applauded

It probably cost him his arse. 

8 hours ago, Anubis said:

2U9W8fs.jpg

Farm Foods hash browns.

Cheap sausages that look like they were cooked in a microwave.

Half a raw tomato.

Is that a Portabello mushroom? If so, it’s tiny.

A piece of black pudding sliced in half to make it look like you get two bits.

Beans are for bastards.

I would’ve just had the croissants.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Anubis said:

2U9W8fs.jpg

Had to neg for the hash browns. 

Its zero tolerance from here on in, I'm afraid.

• Upvote 2