You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

De Parys hotel in Bedford.

Full vegetarian breakfast, included with the room price but observed on the menu that it was £8 (£9 for a meat one) otherwise.

Naturally I opted out of having cunt plasma off my plate but ruefully neglected to swap it out with something else.

Ingredients:

Toast: Underdone and unbuttered, without even an option of adding butter myself. It was a decent quality sliced brown though.

Eggs: At least the yoke was runny but these were truly the Freddy Krueger editions with all the edges having a thick fried crust which ain't my bag, cooked too quickly in my opinion.

Portobello mushroom: Not bad, maybe a bit too watery

Half a tomato: Passable.

Veggie sausages: I don't mind these sort of sausages generally, they aren't the finest but I can abide them. They don't work with a breakfast though, too crumbly.

Hidden under the sausages was roast pepper, a bizarre but pleasant enough inclusion.

Hash fucking brown: NOT listed as an ingredient in the breakfast, a hugely unwelcome interloper that had no right being there. Gave it to my wife and got another tomato in exchange, she said it was pretty good and not too greasy.

Cup of tea I made myself with some posh teabag, it was very good tea to be fair.

2.75/10 - I've firebombed the place and began torturing the family of the dishwasher who's day off was today.

IMG_20200120_083534.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

The Mountain cafe. Aviemore. Scotland. 

Probably the most expensive breakfast I’ve ever had apart from one I had in Byron Bay. 

Everything was cooked to perfection. Some may have wanted the fat on the bacon to have been a little crisper but I’m not fussy with that.

I’m not normally a fan of beef sausages but these were very, very tasty. 

The black pudding was an absolute show stopper. It’s Grants of Speyside, and for me is as good and possibly even better than Stornaway which is consistently a people’s favourite. I’ve taken to bagging some up for myself from a butchers the last couple of times I’ve been to Scotland. 

The beans were tasty, well cooked and the sauce nicely thickened, as everyone knows they’re a staple part of any good all day breakfast. 

The hash brown was tasty, probably even more tasty because I know somewhere on planet earth Remmie will have sensed that hash brown on my plate and a little part of him will have died, for me Clive, you can’t put a price on that. 

The toast (not pictured) was a single solitary slice of something like a Hovis seed sensation. It was probably just shown a toaster and that was it, Lifey would have been fuming, I’d have liked another slice and for it to be a bit more than warm bread but once again I’m not overly arsed.

Tea not included £1.90

Service was great, the girl serving (not pictured) had a very pert, round bottom, extra point for that. 

The ambiance of the place was great and the views on a good day over to the Cairngorm mountains are worth an extra couple of quid on the price. 

All in all all I give it 8.9 bitches out of 10. Expensive but great location and real good quality food. 

5E0A01B2-F6BE-47A4-AA37-58788530DC83.jpeg

9AD12F7A-05A7-482A-B353-A16EFDD0BEF8.jpeg

• Upvote 15
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

Probably the most expensive breakfast I’ve ever had apart from one I had in Byron Bay. 

Everything was cooked to perfection. Some may have wanted the fat on the bacon to have been a little crisper but I’m not fussy with that.

The black pudding was an absolute show stopper. It’s Grants of Speyside, and for me is as good and possibly even better than Stornaway which is consistently a people’s favourite. I’ve taken to bagging some up for myself from a butchers the last couple of times I’ve been to Scotland. 

The beans were tasty, well cooked and the sauce nicely thickened, as everyone knows they’re a staple part of any good all day breakfast. 

The hash brown was tasty, probably even more tasty because I know somewhere on planet earth Remmie will have sensed that hash brown on my plate and a little part of him will have died, for me Clive, you can’t put a price on that. 

The toast (not pictured) was a single solitary slice of something like a Hovis seed sensation. It was probably just shown a toaster and that was it, Lifey would have been fuming, I’d have liked another slice and for it to be a bit more than warm bread but once again I’m not overly arsed.

Tea not included £1.90

Service was great, the girl serving (not pictured) had a very pert, round bottom, extra point for that. 

The ambiance of the place was great and the views on a good day over to the Cairngorm mountains are worth an extra couple of quid on the price. 

All in all all I give it 8.9 bitches out of 10. Expensive but great location and real good quality food. 

Beans are a far worse hate crime than hash browns. Hash browns are as dull as an accountant named Graham that likes Bowls and plane spotting, whereas beans are the edible version of genocide.

Repped for using spite in your breakfast decisions though.

• Upvote 2

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 12:22, Remmie said:

De Parys hotel in Bedford.

Full vegetarian breakfast, included with the room price but observed on the menu that it was £8 (£9 for a meat one) otherwise.

Naturally I opted out of having cunt plasma off my plate but ruefully neglected to swap it out with something else.

Ingredients:

Toast: Underdone and unbuttered, without even an option of adding butter myself. It was a decent quality sliced brown though.

Eggs: At least the yoke was runny but these were truly the Freddy Krueger editions with all the edges having a thick fried crust which ain't my bag, cooked too quickly in my opinion.

Portobello mushroom: Not bad, maybe a bit too watery

Half a tomato: Passable.

Veggie sausages: I don't mind these sort of sausages generally, they aren't the finest but I can abide them. They don't work with a breakfast though, too crumbly.

Hidden under the sausages was roast pepper, a bizarre but pleasant enough inclusion.

Hash fucking brown: NOT listed as an ingredient in the breakfast, a hugely unwelcome interloper that had no right being there. Gave it to my wife and got another tomato in exchange, she said it was pretty good and not too greasy.

Cup of tea I made myself with some posh teabag, it was very good tea to be fair.

2.75/10 - I've firebombed the place and began torturing the family of the dishwasher who's day off was today.

IMG_20200120_083534.jpg

Fucking Hell Rem, I mean....Fucking Hell

41 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

Tea not included £1.90

The should be putting beans first in the description because that is a plate of beans with a few added extras.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TheBitch said:

Tea not included £1.90

Negged for eating a hash brown to spite Remmie, whilst simultaneously ignoring my own hatred of the said item.

Fuck you, bitch. Fuck you.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheBitch said:

Tea not included £1.90

Looks very decent, though beef sausages completely suck. 

• Upvote 2

Tea not included £1.90

Could you have added Haggis out of interest?

I prefer my black pudding oaty as opposed to cakey (hate morcilla), hence my fav black pudding make is Clonakilty of County Cork. Lovely stuff.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1