You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

14 hours ago, Bernard Diomede said:

Self made, pre big sporting event meal. 3 sausages, bacon, hash browns, 2 white pudding, 2 eggs and mushies all boss. Fucked the tinned tommy up because I forgot they were there so had to nuke it in the microwave last minute. I need a lie down after it. 

7B1322CD-0419-490E-8DE1-C28EE1CA2DC4.jpeg

Is the bacon grilled or griddled? Far too much superfluous shite in there, no fungus or fucking vegetables and white pudding can fuck off as well. I like my pudding the way I like my women, dark and spicy.

On 24/11/2019 at 23:19, Paulie Dangerously said:

Next to where the old job centre used to be. 

Was that the Kurdina? It's ok there but a bit pricy for what it is. Try the Olive over the road. A great chicken gyro 

I might give that a whirl tomorrow morning If I get chance. I've been to the olive before it had its license. I thought it was alright. Agreed about the price of kurdina, I can certainly eat better for cheaper in town. Or I quite like that Italian near Litherland town hall although I can't walk and have to drive. 

On 04/12/2019 at 19:09, Stouffer said:

The smell of smoked bacon makes me heave. I like my bacon to taste like bacon.

Spot on. Smoke kippers. Keep bacon as bacon. 

10 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Wrong, white pudding is boss. 

I actually prefer it to black pudding. 

• Upvote 3

So I've not had a fry up for a couple of weeks, but I have been carrying out a sausage survey for the benefit of this thread. Their was some talk of Lincolnshire sausages, so I decided to start trying out the supermarket brand ones and whenever possible their best home brand so the ones about £2-2.50. So far

Tesco: was alright, but not herby enough in taste. Meaty though, but a little dry. 6/10

Asda: I enjoyed this one. Nice quality meat and herbed nicely too. Stayed really juicy too. 7.5/10

Co-op: I don't get chance for co-op food often, so took the chance while I was there. I was pleasantly surprised. Taste wise maybe the closest I remember a Lincolnshire when I was younger. Nice meat and again juicy. The only set back was the skins were a bit tough. Good despite that. 7/10. 

On the to do list Sainsbury, Morrisons and if they sell them aldi and Lidl. 

• Upvote 4

I’ve been pro bean and pro hash brown for a while now, but I’ve had quite a few breakfasts recently, and I’m coming to the conclusion that both are unnecessary. I’m close to changing my vote.

I still like beans, but think simplicity rules on a breakfast. It’s the additions, such as beans, hash browns and tinned anythings, which make them sickly.

I’ll be doing one over the weekend which will be simple, traditional and delicious.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

58 minutes ago, belarus said:

I’ve been pro bean and pro hash brown for a while now, but I’ve had quite a few breakfasts recently, and I’m coming to the conclusion that both are unnecessary. I’m close to changing my vote.

I still like beans, but think simplicity rules on a breakfast. It’s the additions, such as beans, hash browns and tinned anythings, which make them sickly.

I’ll be doing one over the weekend which will be simple, traditional and delicious.

This is what alcoholics refer to as a moment of clarity

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, belarus said:

Us anti-bean lot don’t fucking want you. Looks like your a bit like Tom Hanks in the Terminal. You get to fuck zeta-jones though. I think. 

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Us anti-bean lot don’t fucking want you. Looks like your a bit like Tom Hanks in the Terminal. You get to fuck zeta-jones though. I think. 

I’ll go where I want. I may even publicly say I’m anti-bean, then come and sit in your changing rooms with a cooked breakfast, then when you look, it will be a plate full of just beans.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, belarus said:

I’ll go where I want. I may even publicly say I’m anti-bean, then come and sit in your changing rooms with a cooked breakfast, then when you look, it will be a plate full of just beans.

If you're turning down a shag of Catherine Zeta-Jones to sit and watch me dry my bollocks off then i'm not going to stand in your way. Just make sure you can breath through your nose properly. 

8 hours ago, belarus said:

This is what Mrs viRdjilia had for lunch... Peas mixed with baked beans. Filing the papers as I type.

8622B221-1B62-4FD7-945F-B725C01A543C.jpeg

• Upvote 4

Meanwhile, this is what I had for lunch. I cooked most of the items myself but needed help with the fried egg, also my missus cooked the beans. From the same butchers as the last one; Gales of Westbury Park, Bristol.

1 x Cumberland sausage

2 x Bacon

2 x White pudding

1 x Black pudding

1 x Fried egg over hard

Beans ‘done right’

6D6C82AC-518C-4D5E-8A7B-75B7F5B7D3B5.jpeg

• Upvote 5