You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

On 22/11/2019 at 13:25, viRdjil said:

Ingredients purchased from Gales of Westbury Park

2 x Lincolnshire sausages

2 x Bacon

1 x Black pudding

1 x Fried egg over hard

1 x Sourdough toast

Organic Heinz beans ‘cooked right’

Verdict: Hit the spot. Realll good. Really enjoyed the sausages. Black pudding however was a touch too thick, and texture was a bit more cakey than oaty. Also she went a bit rogue with the cherry tomatoes and the sautéed spinach.

82BE01C9-E0AC-4952-9CA2-9F0FFB6F12F6.jpeg

Looks good that mate. Don't understand your love of shit done eggs though

Went back to the independent cafe on Walton Vale called the raven. Large Breakfast for £5.20 exclusive of a drink. Drink was 99p with unlimited refills. Too many hash browns for my liking and the black pudding was extra so I didn't opt for it today. Bacon a bit under for me, sausages great and eggs very good. Hopefully this place will survive in this climate with support from locals. 

IMG_20191124_112109.jpg

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Went back to the independent cafe on Walton Vale called the raven. Large Breakfast for £5.20 exclusive of a drink. Drink was 99p with unlimited refills. Too many hash browns for my liking and the black pudding was extra so I didn't opt for it today. Bacon a bit under for me, sausages great and eggs very good. Hopefully this place will survive in this climate with support from locals. 

IMG_20191124_112109.jpg

Take the beans off that plate 

The butter thing pisses me off. By the time you get the toast and the cold butter its never going to soak into the toast. The bacon looks like it has potential to be unsmoked which is a serious issue. Remmie will fume over the hash browns, they don't offend me as much as him but I like Remmie so thats another mark off. The eggs look like actual eggs (aRdjas wife take note - not all eggs need to be cooked with an arc-weld) and I actually like the tomato and mushroom garnish. Tony will ask where the fuck is the other half of the tomato. I'm all for local businesses thriving but I hope the locals burn this one to the floor. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

IMG_20191124_112109.jpg

Eggs are properly done, sausages look tart and a real tomato that has not seen the inside of a fucking tin. The mushroom looks a little forlorn though and the hash browns have been stacked like Stonehenge.

the toast is actually toast as well, a

simple thing that many struggle with.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

IMG_20191124_112109.jpg

Where about in the vale is that mate? 

I tried that Italian on the vale for the 1st time last week. Thought it was ok, but nothing special

8 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

IMG_20191124_112109.jpg

That looks real nice, and excellent value.