You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

20 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Full marks for portion size. I’d have been worried about those sausages. Parts of them look incredibly pale. Were they cooked all the way through? Cook the sausages for longer, or at least more evenly, add mushrooms and tomatoes and I’d destroy that.

I really like your mushroom and tomato manifesto, Tony.

• Upvote 1

Is leaving town, walking past the rammed kebab shop, realising you're pretty hungry, signing up to the local delivery service, realising the delivery service is closed, slamming the electrice hob on six, cremating three pieces of bacon, pretending to fry a black pudding slice on the retained heat, putting it all in a leftover cob, plus brown sauce... a recipe for the perfect breakfast?

because, if so...

• Upvote 2

£6.75 from North St Deli in Wetherby, including coffee plus an extra £0.60 for two hash browns which we shared.

sausage was lovely but the skin wasn’t browned on the bottom so a mark off for that. Everything else was spot on.

Egg was perfect.

6E303FBE-C4EA-4CF2-988A-3535BDDDC911.jpeg

• Upvote 6

31 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

£6.75 from North St Deli in Wetherby, including coffee plus an extra £0.60 for two hash browns which we shared.

sausage was lovely but the skin wasn’t browned on the bottom so a mark off for that. Everything else was spot on.

Egg was perfect.

Sausage of high meat content?

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

7 notes is about as cheap as you can hope to get a fresh cooked breakfast for -- hell a Maccies breakfast is over 5

It is no more than a 6/10 there though Bobby - tinned tomatoes, mushrooms and frozen hash brown.

What makes you think the mushrooms are tinned? They're undercooked certainly but look like normal mushrooms to me. 

There seems to be a burnt on one side theme running through the breakfast and it's another fucking interloping hash bastard brown gegging in and of course cunt nuggets and their filthy dirt water touching the precious egg.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Remmie said:

What makes you think the mushrooms are tinned? They're undercooked certainly but look like normal mushrooms to me. 

There seems to be a burnt on one side theme running through the breakfast and it's another fucking interloping hash bastard brown gegging in and of course cunt nuggets and their filthy dirt water touching the precious egg.

Bob paid extra for the hash browns!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Bob paid extra for the hash browns!

Well spotted, I was too outraged and busy backheeling myself in the bollocks. 

Paying extra for hash browns is a bit like those dudes who pay to get kicked in the bollocks with Stilletos, only more depraved.

Each to their own you filthy twats.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Egg was perfect.

It looks shit mate. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Trumo said:

There's something inherently wrong about paying over a fiver for an English breakfast. It's a bit like all those street food stalls where you have to pay at least that much for whatever they're serving.

Depends on the quantity and quality of the ingredients. You wouldn’t want to pay more than a fiver for a cooked breakfast consisting of one average or shit sausage, one egg, no black pudding and cheapo tinned tomatoes. Whereas, in my opinion, it’s reasonable to expect to pay more for a well cooked brekkie that has two good quality sausages, two or three rashers of nice bacon, a couple of slices of black pudding, two eggs, fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, toast and a mug of tea.

16 hours ago, Pidge said:

Is leaving town, walking past the rammed kebab shop, realising you're pretty hungry, signing up to the local delivery service, realising the delivery service is closed, slamming the electrice hob on six, cremating three pieces of bacon, pretending to fry a black pudding slice on the retained heat, putting it all in a leftover cob, plus brown sauce... a recipe for the perfect breakfast?

because, if so...

Eye of a needle, lads. Eye of a fucking needle...

16 hours ago, Pidge said:

because, if so...

6FC90463-C983-4913-9F7D-C1D41BD7ED11.gif

9FB5AA82-FBA1-47EC-A44E-C3C69B853B4F.gif

DC74C41D-14D1-4D17-B054-F831EC31ACA2.gif

319ABEFD-6163-45CB-BE10-2FC2D1A0173D.gif

• Upvote 2