You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

17 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Full marks for portion size. I’d have been worried about those sausages. Parts of them look incredibly pale. Were they cooked all the way through? Cook the sausages for longer, or at least more evenly, add mushrooms and tomatoes and I’d destroy that.

That sausage that looks really pale was in the centre of the pan right next to that burnt looking one next to it! One is a Lincolnshire (the pale one) and the other a Cumberland. For some reason the Linc's just wouldn't brown. They were cooked and any more cooking they'd have been dry. 

8 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

How do you compare Lincolnshire sausages to Cumberland? I don’t think I’ve had the former but I saw at the butchers the other day.

I used to love Lincolnshire sausage, a bit more herby i would say than a Cumberland. But in recent years from the supermarket (which these both were), they've both become more bland I think. From my local butchers there's a massive difference and the Lincolnshire's have almost a green colour to them because of the herbs in them. If I had the choose of just one from the butcher's, I'd pick Cumberland if it was breakfast and Lincolnshire is it was bangers and mash or something like that.

I love Lincolnshires, me. You're right about the mass market ones, Morrisons used to do really good own brand ones but I haven't had them in years. The best ones I've had were from a butchers in Lincoln market, used to go there regularly as a student-faced twat. 

1 minute ago, Karl_b said:

I love Lincolnshires, me. You're right about the mass market ones, Morrisons used to do really good own brand ones but I haven't had them in years. The best ones I've had were from a butchers in Lincoln market, used to go there regularly as a student-faced twat. 

Yup gonna buy a couple from the Butchers and get Mrs viRdjilia to sort out a plate for me tomorrow. 

Ingredients purchased from Gales of Westbury Park

2 x Lincolnshire sausages

2 x Bacon

1 x Black pudding

1 x Fried egg over hard

1 x Sourdough toast

Organic Heinz beans ‘cooked right’

Verdict: Hit the spot. Realll good. Really enjoyed the sausages. Black pudding however was a touch too thick, and texture was a bit more cakey than oaty. Also she went a bit rogue with the cherry tomatoes and the sautéed spinach.

82BE01C9-E0AC-4952-9CA2-9F0FFB6F12F6.jpeg

• Upvote 9

42 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

2 x Bacon

1 x Black pudding

1 x Fried egg over hard

1 x Sourdough toast

Verdict: Hit the spot. Realll good. Really enjoyed the sausages. Black pudding however was a touch too thick, and texture was a bit more cakey than oaty. Also she went a bit rogue with the cherry tomatoes and the sautéed spinach.

I’m not not going to criticise the egg, as I know that is how you like yours. Generally speaking, it looks decent enough. The sausages look really nice. Swap the cherry tomatoes for ordinary ones and the spinach for mushrooms, and I’d eat it.

3 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

5 uses for that egg that are better than eating it :

1. Doorstop

2. Bathplug

3. Blocking a mousehole

4. Stress ball

5. Dog chew

1. Eyepatch

2. Put it under one of the table legs when it is a little bit uneven and shaky

3. Mousepad for a laptop

4. Artistic rendition of the moon during the winter solstice.

5. Landfill

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

2 x Bacon

1 x Black pudding

1 x Fried egg over hard

1 x Sourdough toast

I'd send that fucker back. Nothing on a cooked breakfast should ever be green. This was one of the Ten Commandments. How this has been overlooked I really don't know, but it utterly disgusts me and just having seen the picture, my very existence has been tarnished.

The egg looks like it's been turned over by burglars. The cherry fucking tomatoes... Is that all the was left in the shop? It's the worst constituent ingredients since George's Marvelous Medicine!

Beans taking up a good quarter of the plate. Enough said.

Sausages look alright.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

2 x Bacon

1 x Black pudding

1 x Fried egg over hard

1 x Sourdough toast

Replace that egg with one that hasn't been eaten already, and it's a great breakfast.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
2 hours ago, viRdjil said:

2 x Bacon

1 x Black pudding

1 x Fried egg over hard

1 x Sourdough toast

Green shit on a breakfast is neg territory, as is the murdered egg. I'll let you off though as the rest looks pretty darn edible.