You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

3 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Christ....

James Dempsey has created beans on toast - but not as you know it.

The quirky dessert is made from carefully-crafted marzipan "beans" in a sauce using orange zest, juice and cream.

Meanwhile the "toast" is lemon drizzle cake, sliced to look like bread and given the right look and temperature by placing under the grill .

No detail is left to chance - the yellow yolk is mango coulis - and the white of the egg, panna cotta, made from milk and cream, cooled to just the right temperature before being poured onto a plate in layers to get a natural-looking ripple effect.

Screenshot_20191109-220558.jpg

I don't get this "food that looks like other things" tomfoolery. I like Heston Blumenthal,  but he needs a slap for starting this bollocks.

"I've made this beautiful dessert with seventeen types of top grade chocolate, saffron, truffles and gold leaf. And I've crafted it to look like a human turd. Bon appetit!"

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Just had this Miner's Benedict from a small independent pub called Wetherspoons. 2 poached eggs on 2 slices of black pudding on an open muffin with hollandaise sauce. Apart from the unexplainable presence of a handful of rocket on the top, a very nice breakfast dish. £4.80 with a refillable hot drink.

IMG_20191110_112632.jpg

Where is this Wetherspoons place, Paulie? I'd quite like to go there one day and see if it's any good.

23 hours ago, Bernard Diomede said:

Me Ma’s effort today, everything cooked exactly as I like it. Minus a point for the lack of black pudding the lazy cow and half a point for one of the sausages breaking. 2 pieces of toast accompanied it. 

C559874E-759C-475A-A16E-7FBA441BFFCC.jpeg

I’d like those eggs to have been flipped for a few seconds before they were served, but that’s picking fault. Looks spot on really.

Just like I remember her serving up. pass on my best.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I’d like those eggs to have been flipped for a few seconds before they were served, but that’s picking fault. Looks spot on really.

Just like I remember her serving up. pass on my best.

No need to flip the eggs, just splash the fat for a little longer. A lot of people seem to like their yolks like the ones in the picture. Personally, I don’t.

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Just had this Miner's Benedict from a small independent pub called Wetherspoons. 2 poached eggs on 2 slices of black pudding on an open muffin with hollandaise sauce. Apart from the unexplainable presence of a handful of rocket on the top, a very nice breakfast dish. £4.80 with a refillable hot drink.

IMG_20191110_112632.jpg

The weirdest part is that they served it in a hat that was used on Ladies Day at Aintree.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Trumo said:

The weirdest part is that they served it in a hat that was used on Ladies Day at Aintree.

To be frank it's quite possible this picture is of a hat used on Ladies Day at Aintree.

On 09/11/2019 at 13:53, Bernard Diomede said:

Me Ma’s effort today, everything cooked exactly as I like it. Minus a point for the lack of black pudding the lazy cow and half a point for one of the sausages breaking. 2 pieces of toast accompanied it. 

C559874E-759C-475A-A16E-7FBA441BFFCC.jpeg

20 reps for a breakfast with no beans. Has everyone on here gone soft or what? The rest of it looks great but I’m afraid I’m negging anyway. Your ma needs to get her bean situation sorted. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

On 25/07/2019 at 04:39, Seasons said:

Expecting 10s all around for this...

IMG_20190724_193214.thumb.jpg.dc58bf8b9840cd18960a0dbaf0daccaa.jpg

Cheese toasties, stacked with veggie sausage patties, eggs and portobello mushrooms. Thin layer of brown sauce underneath the patties.

Greatness on a plate.

a truly spectacular miss clive.

On 03/08/2019 at 19:47, Barry Wom said:

So 1st of all we'll start on price. £15 for the breakfast plus 2 coffees. Then the cheeky cunts put on a 12.5% service charge. 

Onto the breakfast itself. I chose the "full monty" which is what you see, but I took out fungus and they offered me a hash brown in return. It was 1 toast, 2 eggs, 2 bacon, 1 sausage, 1 black pudding, those home fries they have in America, the hash brown, half a tomato and beans. 

Quality.... For the bad first ... Not enough butter for the toast. And the toast was brown, for me a fry up has to come with white toast, but it was decent enough. The bacon was nice, but there was loads and loads of that white shite that comes out of bacon. The home fries were not really like ones I've had in the states, they were much drier. They tasted good (a kind of Southern fried seasoning on there), but it was too much and too dry. Onto the good. The sausage and black pudding were fucking great, almost worth coming for that alone. These items are important for me on a breakie. And the beans were suppose to be Heinz, but tasted 10 times better than any Heinz beans I've had before. I can take or leave beans on a breakfast, but if I came back here they'd be a must, maybe even for you bean haters. 

Overall I really enjoyed it. If I picked the ingredients I'd double the sausage and black pud and half the home fries. That might get it a 10/10. Oh with some white toast. 

All in all, taste 8.5/10, value 6.5/10 (fucking 17 quid?!). I would go back providing like today I wasn't paying.  

IMG_20190803_091844.jpg

spunky bacon and spuds on a breakfast, it's a no from me Wom

On 15/08/2019 at 03:27, viRdjil said:

Weekend away in Lyme Regis with my in-laws.

Venue: Alexandra Hotel, Lyme Regis

Price: n/a, included

Ingredients:

1 x Bacon

1 x Sausage

1 x Black Pudding

1 x Fried Egg well done 

1 x Tomato

1x Mushroom

1 x Hash Brown

Verdict: It was lovely. Every single element was delicious. One of the best I’ve had. Beautifully plated too. Included photos from both Saturday and Sunday sessions.

25F6F415-58F5-4CCB-9AA5-FC02EB8DE2AD.jpeg

96F71EAB-1F0B-4405-8DEB-99925619BB0C.jpeg

Is there a fear of breeding with these fuckers? There has to be a reason for the single, solitary items, are they scared of gay bacon?

• Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 12:58, Paulie Dangerously said:

IMG_20191110_112632.jpg

Brexit funding twat.

24 minutes ago, arthur friedenreich said:

Is there a fear of breeding with these fuckers? There has to be a reason for the single, solitary items, are they scared of gay bacon?

Brave choice to go with an uncooked human scrotum on the left hand side of the plate in that bottom pic.

96F71EAB-1F0B-4405-8DEB-99925619BB0C.jpeg

• Upvote 1