You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

50 minutes ago, Bernard Diomede said:

Me Ma’s effort today, everything cooked exactly as I like it. Minus a point for the lack of black pudding the lazy cow and half a point for one of the sausages breaking. 2 pieces of toast accompanied it. 

C559874E-759C-475A-A16E-7FBA441BFFCC.jpeg

Looks really nice. 

1 hour ago, Bernard Diomede said:

Me Ma’s effort today, everything cooked exactly as I like it. Minus a point for the lack of black pudding the lazy cow and half a point for one of the sausages breaking. 2 pieces of toast accompanied it. 

Best breakfast on here in ages that. Is your ma single? 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Bernard Diomede said:

Haha! Nah but If she knew about this thread she’d probably cook you one though! They’re talked about very highly amongst my friends and family and she thrives on it the show off. 

Just inbox me the address I'll be round in the morning. 

7 hours ago, Bernard Diomede said:

6 hours ago, mgw100 said:

Looks good. Swap the hash browns for a couple of bits of black pudding and a few beans and I'm smashing that. Tinned plum tomatoes are a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine.

5 hours ago, Pidge said:

Fresh tom, black pudding and a dollop of beans and that would be spot on.  Looking good regardless.

4 hours ago, KMD7 said:

Looks great that Bernard mate. 9/10. 1 mark deducted for the lack of beans

I hate eggs, but apart from that, lack of beans and black pudding prevent that from being amazing. 8 out of 10 for me.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Christ....

James Dempsey has created beans on toast - but not as you know it.

The quirky dessert is made from carefully-crafted marzipan "beans" in a sauce using orange zest, juice and cream.

Meanwhile the "toast" is lemon drizzle cake, sliced to look like bread and given the right look and temperature by placing under the grill .

No detail is left to chance - the yellow yolk is mango coulis - and the white of the egg, panna cotta, made from milk and cream, cooled to just the right temperature before being poured onto a plate in layers to get a natural-looking ripple effect.

Screenshot_20191109-220558.jpg

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Christ....

James Dempsey has created beans on toast - but not as you know it.

The quirky dessert is made from carefully-crafted marzipan "beans" in a sauce using orange zest, juice and cream.

Meanwhile the "toast" is lemon drizzle cake, sliced to look like bread and given the right look and temperature by placing under the grill .

No detail is left to chance - the yellow yolk is mango coulis - and the white of the egg, panna cotta, made from milk and cream, cooled to just the right temperature before being poured onto a plate in layers to get a natural-looking ripple effect.

Screenshot_20191109-220558.jpg

I don't care how it's made, the bean juice is still touching the egg.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1