You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

13 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Has to be white for me. Never seen that Jackson thing though, must only be in certain parts of the country. 

You can get it all over the country. The Asda,  Morrisons and Nisa sell it. In my opinion, its better than Warburtons. Obviously, it’s not as nice as freshly baked bread.

1 hour ago, Karl_b said:

Jackson's Bakery is in Hull, I used to go past it on my way to college every day, incredible smells. I had an insatiable desire for toast from the college canteen every morning, for some reason.

We moved into a rented house near there. The first morning, my missus came back after picking up a paper and started waxing lyrical about what a wonderful homely neighbourhood it was and how brilliant it was that everyone seemed to be baking bread. It felt almost cruel to tell her it was actually a great big factory mass producing loaves.

• Upvote 3

I think we’re on to a winner here, brought to you by Mrs viRdjilia. Ingredients purchased at Molesworth of Henleaze in Bristol. 

2 x Venison and wild boar sausages

2 x Home cured back bacon

Fried egg, over hard

Black and white pudding

Cherry tomatoes

Beans ‘done right’

Caramelised onions 

Buttered sourdough

Verdict: Excellent. Well happy with it. I think she did very well. Sausage was unusual but very tasty. The bacon was thick and brilliantly tasty, definite highlights. 

28F8E673-98F9-4D6E-94BF-2A8DCA3FBFDD.jpeg

• Upvote 10

If those are cherry tomatoes they are the biggest I have ever seen -- looks like crosscut plum or roma tbh.

Top marks for the meat - though I am sure the "wild game" version may not go down well with pure piggers.

Love sourdough me.

The puddings look good though strangely at odds with one another.

Onions?

The beans are at least self contained.

I am in with a solid 7/10.

Please know that due to some of your previous "efforts" - that is being graded on a curve.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

I think we’re on to a winner here, brought to you by Mrs viRdjilia. Ingredients purchased at Molesworth of Henleaze in Bristol. 

Fried egg, over hard

Black and white pudding

Cherry tomatoes

Beans ‘done right’

Caramelised onions 

Buttered sourdough

Verdict: Excellent. Well happy with it. I think she did very well. Sausage was unusual but very tasty. The bacon was thick and brilliantly tasty, definite highlights. 

Tory cunt. Is you bird, Jo Swinson

4 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Fried egg, over hard

Black and white pudding

Cherry tomatoes

Beans ‘done right’

Caramelised onions 

Buttered sourdough

Looks good, egg is perfect- I can't stand the texture of a runny yolk, so always have mine done over hard too. Bacon is a bit overdone and I'd replace onions and tomatoes with mushrooms, but aside from that a very solid 7.5/10.

• Upvote 1