You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

Something have improved. This one pre-match from Fado, N Clark St , Chicago. $15. 

2 bacon

2 sausage

Tomato

2 black and white puddings

2 eggs

Potato

"Guinness and cheddar" bread. 

All in all I was pretty happy with this. It was all well cooked. Everything was really tasty except the bread, which I couldn't much taste either cheddar or Guinness. I even really enjoyed the potatoes, which normally I can take or leave. Hard to choose between the best bit, sausage and white pudding were stand out though. 9/10 and I might have done 10 of it wasn't for the bread. It was that nice I could consider another one later! I will deffo be back before I go home. 

IMG_20191027_104646.jpg

• Upvote 8

11 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Quality there Baz -- Fado is a great pub chain tbh

I would prefer not to come here because it's full of mancs, but yesterday's breakfast tipped me here! It is a cracking pub though, didn't know it was a chain, been here loads over the years and back when I was 1st here more than 15 years ago, it was about the only place you could get the footy that I could find in the city. 

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Something have improved. This one pre-match from Fado, N Clark St , Chicago. $15. 

2 bacon

2 sausage

Tomato

2 eggs

Potato

All in all I was pretty happy with this. It was all well cooked. Everything was really tasty except the bread, which I couldn't much taste either cheddar or Guinness. I even really enjoyed the potatoes, which normally I can take or leave. Hard to choose between the best bit, sausage and white pudding were stand out though. 9/10 and I might have done 10 of it wasn't for the bread. It was that nice I could consider another one later! I will deffo be back before I go home. 

IMG_20191027_104646.jpg

I think I preferred the other one!

14 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I think I preferred the other one!

You didn't eat them! There was no competition. 

10 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Barry, what is the pizza like in Chicago? It looks ace.

A77BB7A2-A768-4DC9-A9E4-D0B561129A6C.jpeg

AADC15C1-9E56-4AC3-AEB7-968D69FE0F12.jpeg

It's brilliant and nothing like what we'd call deep pan, it's kind of a a quiche (but nicer ) crust with cheese at the bottom and your ingredients inside the tomato sauce on top.. But it's better to get a shared pie than a personal one. The personal ones are only about 6 inches. They're really filling, bit too much crust to pie ratio. It's so filling though. That 2nd picture you've got above, about 2 slices is enough. I like the Italian meet based ones the best. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

2 bacon

2 sausage

Tomato

2 eggs

Potato

IMG_20191027_104646.jpg

Top quality fry up there, Barry

No beans = happiness

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

2 bacon

2 sausage

Tomato

2 eggs

Potato

IMG_20191027_104646.jpg

Whilst I understand the concept of garnish, I fail to see the point of the practice of throwing chopped foliage all over the eggs. It adds nothing. Breakfast includes nothing green.

The potatoes can fuck off too.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Whilst I understand the concept of garnish, I fail to see the point of the practice of throwing chopped foliage all over the eggs. It adds nothing. Breakfast includes nothing green.

The potatoes can fuck off too.

Yeah, I don't know what the green stuff is about either. Luckily it doesn't taste of anything, so no real difference or being there. 

18 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Finished work early today so stopped in the butchers on the way home and gonna have a fry for tea as I’ve not eaten all day. 

Making home made spicy beans to go with it too. 

Assume you left the gas on all day to save on cooking time? 

NegligibleAfraidAlpaca-small.gif

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

3 sausages

5 bacon

2 black pudding
2 fried bread

2 toast

3 hash brown

1 whole tomato

Home made spicy beans
HP

Tea

Beer

Keys &

Conker. 

Obviously no egg or mushrooms as I can’t stand them but apart from wanting those I can’t see how anyone could criticise it. 

A31FA764-4F56-4CFC-9F37-D4FC50E7C591.jpeg

Swap the beans and hash browns for fried eggs and mushrooms and I’d be very happy with that.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Come on then cuntchops let’s hear your critique...

The beans and the fact that you cooked it with an anti-aircraft missile.

Nah its not actually that bad looking apart from the beans. The sausages don't look great. Bacon looks decent as do the tomatoes and black pudding. You robbed that conker off a kid though defo. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The beans and the fact that you cooked it with an anti-aircraft missile.

Nah its not actually that bad looking apart from the beans. The sausages don't look great. Bacon looks decent as do the tomatoes and black pudding. You robbed that conker off a kid though defo. 

You’ve always been wrong about beans so I’ll just continue to ignore you about them. 

The sausages were fucking awesome, could only finish 2 and will defo be going back to that butchers for more. 

Only after I’d taken his dinner money off him...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1