You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

Usually, decent establishments are sound if you have a valid reason for sending something back, it’s shit places that kick off. The other year, I was banned from a kebab house for returning a doner calzone. The meat was luke warm, yet the wanker went ballistic, was dead aggressive, shouting the odds. Turned out the cunts had a 1 out of 5 food hygiene rating.

Wasn't that guy was it?

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, viRdjil said:

That seems a bit on the low, as that plate looks really good to me. Do you think it wasn’t value for money? Keep in mind you got two Cumberland sausages and 2 slices of black pudding. 

6 is my score for average. So I added 2 for the sausage and pudding, then subtracted 2 for the bacon and lack of hot drink. Added 0.5 for containing the beans.

6 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Usually, decent establishments are sound if you have a valid reason for sending something back, it’s shit places that kick off. The other year, I was banned from a kebab house for returning a doner calzone. The meat was luke warm, yet the wanker went ballistic, was dead aggressive, shouting the odds. Turned out the cunts had a 1 out of 5 food hygiene rating.

I bought a kebab once after a load of us had come out of a pub early hours. The usual too-ing and fro-ing who is going and what taxi and back to whose house to carry it all on etc. Anyway I ate some of my kebab and it was cold and had something that resembled spit in it so I bounce back into the kebab shop to complain and the fella behind the counter ran round the counter with one of them big skewers. Turns out we had slowly moved up the street a bit and I'd gone into the next kebab house up. I went from telling him I am going to stick that skewer up his arse while I'm running backwards trying not to fall over to trying to get him to let me hug him to apologise once one of my mates pointed out my mistake. Not sure which part he wanted to stab me for but I was invincible in my 20's. 

........ He should have just done it. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tony Moanero said:

I reckon I’m going start viewing twitter from behind the sofa, like I did Doctor Who when I was a kid.

I watched one of the Sea Devils episodes from in between the banisters halfway up our stairs.

Still a better beach than New Brighton.

• Upvote 1

I didn't make a photo as it's not really a breakfast. But I'm going through a clear the cupboard and freezer phase at the moment, a bit of pre Christmas clear out. So the aim is to not try and buy in food and empty everything out. So today for breakfast I had a tin of Heinz spaghetti and sausage and some black pudding from the freezer. I fried the black pudding and then chopped it into little bits in the the spaghetti. It was pretty nice! Not quite a proper breakie, but it's certainly better than the Twitter shite on here the last couple of days. 

The Brunch Club, Duke Street 

The Fry Up

£11

2 bacon - not well cooked, it tasted like it had been lying under a heat light for 30 minutes

1 sausage - normal pork sausage, short but stubby

1 hash brown - cheap standard

1 black pudding - over cooked

1 grilled tomato

2 fried eggs

Mushrooms

Beans

Granary toast

Some randomer green nonsense

A generous 5/10. No tea or coffee included again.

20191006_122313.jpg

• Upvote 4

They are a little nouveau for my liking at this establishment -- grain toast and green stuff is difficult to come back from. They are cheap bastards with only one short but stubby and the hash brown looks like it has freezer burn.

Fair play for them cordoning off the beans and further for only providing a thimble full.

You've been aRdj'ed.

Still better than Baz putting black pudding crumbles in a can of Chef Boyardee.

• Upvote 1