You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

3 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

Just to clear up some of the questions above. The tea was alright but I was in a rush so it hadn’t had long enough to brew in the pot for my liking before I had to drink it.

Toast was very good farmhouse style, just the right thickness and toasted just right.

I also wasn’t at Belsen, Unit 731 was more to my taste.

Pics of GTFO!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Looks alright that. Except for that blancmange looking excuse of an egg. What hotel was that?

Sorry but it was for work so nowhere near. That’s Hardwicke Hall in Hartlepool. That was a quality breakfast and to be fair the hotel itself was very good. Very olde world Manor House and dinner the night before was also excellent. I think it was 70 BandB with 2 course dinner about 15. 

Put it this way, I’m tight as cramp and even though work picks up the bills I’d think it was very fair even if I was paying myself.

Is there still a Mexican tavern in the city - soon off from the original on smithdown/ allerton?

if there is, go for one of their American brekkies. Used to love them on a Sunday to get rid of a hangover when I was living off penny lane.

Leaf on Bold Street

Big Bold Street Breakfast

£10.95 (no hot drink included)

2 smoked bacon - tasty but was nearly cold when it arrived and quite under cooked

2 sausage - Cumberland and thick, the highlight of the breakfast

2 black pudding - very well cooked, soft on the inside

2 fried eggs 

Mushrooms/onion

2 grilled tomato - under cooked 

Home fries 

2 granary toast

Beans

It was alright, nothing special. Not great value for money, especially considering you get no tea or coffee included. Giving it an extra half point for containing the beans.

6.5/10

20191005_111156.jpg

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, Carradona said:

Leaf on Bold Street

2 smoked bacon - tasty but was nearly cold when it arrived and quite under cooked

2 fried eggs 

Mushrooms/onion

Home fries 

2 granary toast

Beans

It was alright, nothing special. Not great value for money, especially considering you get no tea or coffee included. Giving it an extra half point for containing the beans.

6.5/10

20191005_111156.jpg

The bacon looks about as cooked as a leaf which is about right for Bold St. 

4 minutes ago, Carradona said:

Leaf on Bold Street

2 fried eggs 

Mushrooms/onion

Home fries 

2 granary toast

Beans

6.5/10

20191005_111156.jpg

Looks decent, apart from the poor pig that still breathing on the top of the plate.

21 minutes ago, Carradona said:

Leaf on Bold Street

2 fried eggs 

Mushrooms/onion

Home fries 

2 granary toast

Beans

6.5/10

20191005_111156.jpg

That seems a bit on the low, as that plate looks really good to me. Do you think it wasn’t value for money? Keep in mind you got two Cumberland sausages and 2 slices of black pudding. 

For pub food I'd generally only worry about returning things if I'm actually concerned it might make me sick, or if it's been truly lifey'd.

Might be a bit more picky at a restaurant, although even then will usually trust the chef if it's a decent place.

13 minutes ago, Pidge said:

For pub food I'd generally only worry about returning things if I'm actually concerned it might make me sick, or if it's been truly lifey'd.

Might be a bit more picky at a restaurant, although even then will usually trust the chef if it's a decent place.

Usually, decent establishments are sound if you have a valid reason for sending something back, it’s shit places that kick off. The other year, I was banned from a kebab house for returning a doner calzone. The meat was luke warm, yet the wanker went ballistic, was dead aggressive, shouting the odds. Turned out the cunts had a 1 out of 5 food hygiene rating.

• Upvote 1