You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I don't mind tinned tomatoes. Obviously use chopped in food all the time. 

My mum is the worst cook in the history of mankind (Yes even worse than aRdjas missus). Once when I was a kid, she cooked me and my dad a fry-up before we went the match (they split up not long after) My dad wasn't best pleased that she was cooking it but told me to just grin and bear it. Anyway my dad cut into his plummet tomato and it had ice in the middle. It had been in a tin, in the cupboard. She had it in a pan and everything. My Dad said just eat it we will laugh about it when we leave. 

Anyway he told me years later that stuff like that used to happen all the time and he either mentioned it and caused an argument or ate it and risked dying. When they split up I stayed living with my Dad and one Christmas she offered to make me and my Brother Christmas dinner. I told her if she asked again I'd phone childline. And I was serious. 

My Nan was the worse cook ever. My dad, through choice, lived off chippy teas for years. Her bread pudding was like a brick and greaseproof paper bags would disintegrate around it. We’d lash it out for the birds and even they wouldn’t touch it. Her Shepherd’s pie was basically soup topped with mashed potato and it would take you all afternoon and evening to chew and swallow her tapioca pudding.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, viRdjil said:

I’m finishing up work on Tuesday, going to travel for a bit, before heading to Aus (via a few stops) after Christmas. So we went out for breakfast near the office yesterday. The restaurant is smack bang in central London, hence the high pp. However, it was an excellent plate, and it left me full for the rest of the day.

Venue: Coq D’Argent, in Bank

Price: £15

Ingredients:

2 x fried eggs

1 x sausage

3 x bacon

1 x black pudding

1 x potato rosti

tomato

mushroom

beans

Verdict: Really good, real tasty. Sausage had very high meat content, the black pudding was excellent, had a cakey texture. Rosti was a worthy addition to plate; added a bit of crunch to it. Beans were expertly done; rich, thick and not sickly sweet. I’m a fan of streaky bacon... but I understand that it’s not the most popular food item in this forum. 

210020D5-F26A-45BA-8AC9-55EC83CA9BB2.jpeg

If this breakfast was a television soap opera, it would be Albion Market.

I can't talk any lower of it than that. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, viRdjil said:

I’m finishing up work on Tuesday, going to travel for a bit, before heading to Aus (via a few stops) after Christmas. So we went out for breakfast near the office yesterday. The restaurant is smack bang in central London, hence the high pp. However, it was an excellent plate, and it left me full for the rest of the day.

Ingredients:

2 x fried eggs

1 x sausage

3 x bacon

1 x black pudding

1 x potato rosti

tomato

mushroom

beans

Verdict: Really good, real tasty. Sausage had very high meat content, the black pudding was excellent, had a cakey texture. Rosti was a worthy addition to plate; added a bit of crunch to it. Beans were expertly done; rich, thick and not sickly sweet. I’m a fan of streaky bacon... but I understand that it’s not the most popular food item in this forum. 

Anies, I like you. I consider us internet friends. I’m going to forcibly allow myself to stay at your house at Melbourne in the distant future...

...but that looks shite. Beans aren’t my thing but that bacon looks terrible & the sausage is half cooked.

When I visit you in 2029, don’t serve me that shit. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Anies, I like you. I consider us internet friends. I’m going to forcibly allow myself to stay at your house at Melbourne in the distant future...

...but that looks shite. Beans aren’t my thing but that bacon looks terrible & the sausage is half cooked.

When I visit you in 2029, don’t serve me that shit. 

Happy to host you and show you around Melbourne anytime Scott! I’m not the best cook, but my wife fancies herself as a bit of a masterchef in the kitchen. 

7 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

I don’t eat the vile fucking things but lasts nights fuck wanted an egg with her sausage...

8FC1ECD0-CA99-4542-AFD7-B45D6864B7EA.jpeg

I know you like to give it billy big bollocks about the smallest of accomplishment’s on here, so I’m very surprised you haven’t bragged about your new job flipping Sausage & Egg McMuffins. 

• Downvote 1

No one in America eats mushrooms out of a tin for a number of reasons.

One being we have the mushroom capital of the world right here in our midst.

Another being no one cares about a Full English here -- we get unlimited pancakes FFS.

But be sure -- there are pictures in this thread that have tinned mush - they know that the average consumer of these "meals" couldn't tell the difference between a real mushroom and a piece of tin foil.

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

No one in America eats mushrooms out of a tin for a number of reasons.

One being we have the mushroom capital of the world right here in our midst.

Another being no one cares about a Full English here -- we get unlimited pancakes FFS.

I thought everything in the States came out of a tin. With extra cheese 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Eggs over hard and extra scallion please.

Hopefully they do not have facial recognition in Australia

Hopefully, they have faecal recognition.

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Well no the mushroom (bomb) capital of the world is Hiroshima thanks to America.

I use fresh grilled tomato on breakfasts myself like. I used tinned for bolognese, certain curry etc. 

People who eat tinned mushrooms are the same scruffy gets who would eat this

df727618a4384d576e52ec7097e1e76b.jpg

This is the worst thing on the internet. I had to watch Prolapse Party to chill me out after this.

4 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Ingredients:

2 x fried eggs

1 x sausage

3 x bacon

1 x black pudding

1 x potato rosti

tomato

mushroom

beans

tenor.gif

• Upvote 1