You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

11 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

Wandering through Queen Victoria Market in Melbourne, saw some black pudding so decided to give it a go.

Was excellent, particularly the sausage.

Left the giant tin of beans on the shelf, safe in the knowledge that if I'm ever starving to death, I'll have something heavy with sharp edges to use to club myself to death with.

20190916_085201.jpg

Disappointing lack of beans, and a knife. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

On 14/09/2019 at 23:50, Strontium Dog™ said:

IMG_20190913_112711149.jpg

Now I am obviously limited by vegetarianism, but even so, this was a somewhat eccentric plate.

Beans, hash brown and tomatoes were exactly as you would expect. Mushrooms were ok, underdone in my book. Egg didn't look much, but the yolk was runny and it tasted good. Toast was fine, I would have preferred fried bread but it's not even an option! Cauliflower cheese grill shouldn't be anywhere near a breakfast. The veggie Lincolnshire sausage was the best thing on the plate, but I had to get it as an extra - it only comes as standard on the vegan breakfast (which, incidentally, also features a veggie burger - wtf). I did not choose or consume the lamb's lettuce. You can have unlimited tea or coffee, but I elected for fresh orange juice instead, which I'm sure will go down well on here.

I can't really complain about the cost, £3.90 plus 60p for the sausage. I'll probably come here again and just order a shitload of eggs, sausages and beans on toast.

I'm so sorry this happened to you mate, is there a helpline you can contact? 

On 16/09/2019 at 09:12, polymerpunkah said:

I bought another sausage and more bacon and blood pudding. 

20190916_085201~3.jpg

I see the colonies have still not mastered the art of using both a fork, and a knife in unison. 

And by some weird piece of misfortune, you must be related to viRdjil's girlfriend, as she cant cook eggs either. 

• Upvote 2

I’m finishing up work on Tuesday, going to travel for a bit, before heading to Aus (via a few stops) after Christmas. So we went out for breakfast near the office yesterday. The restaurant is smack bang in central London, hence the high pp. However, it was an excellent plate, and it left me full for the rest of the day.

Venue: Coq D’Argent, in Bank

Price: £15

Ingredients:

2 x fried eggs

1 x sausage

3 x bacon

1 x black pudding

1 x potato rosti

tomato

mushroom

beans

Verdict: Really good, real tasty. Sausage had very high meat content, the black pudding was excellent, had a cakey texture. Rosti was a worthy addition to plate; added a bit of crunch to it. Beans were expertly done; rich, thick and not sickly sweet. I’m a fan of streaky bacon... but I understand that it’s not the most popular food item in this forum. 

210020D5-F26A-45BA-8AC9-55EC83CA9BB2.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

I’m finishing up work on Tuesday, going to travel for a bit, before heading to Aus (via a few stops) after Christmas. So we went out for breakfast near the office yesterday. The restaurant is smack bang in central London, hence the high pp. However, it was an excellent plate, and it left me full for the rest of the day.

Ingredients:

2 x fried eggs

1 x sausage

3 x bacon

1 x black pudding

1 x potato rosti

tomato

mushroom

beans

Verdict: Really good, real tasty. Sausage had very high meat content, the black pudding was excellent, had a cakey texture. Rosto was a worthy addition to plate; added a bit of crunch to it. Beans were expertly done; rich, thick and not sickly sweet. I personally like streaky bacon... but I understand that it’s not the most popular food item in this forum. 

Your wife's effort was even better than this

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Ingredients:

2 x fried eggs

1 x sausage

3 x bacon

1 x black pudding

1 x potato rosti

tomato

mushroom

beans

Verdict: Really good, real tasty. Sausage had very high meat content, the black pudding was excellent, had a cakey texture. Rosto was a worthy addition to plate; added a bit of crunch to it. Beans were expertly done; rich, thick and not sickly sweet. I’m a fan of streaky bacon... but I understand that it’s not the most popular food item in this forum. 

I assume they refused to pancake your eggs.

4 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Ingredients:

2 x fried eggs

1 x sausage

3 x bacon

1 x black pudding

1 x potato rosti

tomato

mushroom

beans

Verdict: Really good, real tasty. Sausage had very high meat content, the black pudding was excellent, had a cakey texture. Rosto was a worthy addition to plate; added a bit of crunch to it. Beans were expertly done; rich, thick and not sickly sweet. I’m a fan of streaky bacon... but I understand that it’s not the most popular food item in this forum. 

Delete that picture from your phone or you aren't getting past Border Control in Australia. 

What is your obsession with raw bacon? And why is there a dick on the plate? Oh yeah... Coq

Fuck you mate. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Delete that picture from your phone or you aren't getting past Border Control in Australia. 

What is your obsession with raw bacon? And why is there a dick on the plate? Oh yeah... Coq

Fuck you mate. 

I should’ve spread out the parts to get a better photo, but I took it in a bit of a hurry. Didn’t want to have to explain that I took this pic for erm.. this breakfast thread in a Liverpool FC forum, where they errrm... never mind.

• Upvote 1

Applestore Cafe, Scorton

IMG_20190921_121041478.jpg

Deeply unmemorable vegetarian breakfast for £8. Comes with pot of tea or coffee (not pictured). I ate everything except the uncooked tomato, which is an inexcusable addition to a cooked breakfast. Toast was dry, even with two sachets of butter. The rest was okay. I'd prefer chopped mushrooms to one big one, another indication of laziness on the behalf of the proprietor. 

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Applestore Cafe, Scorton

IMG_20190921_121041478.jpg

Deeply unmemorable vegetarian breakfast for £8. Comes with pot of tea or coffee (not pictured). I ate everything except the uncooked tomato, which is an inexcusable addition to a cooked breakfast. Toast was dry, even with two sachets of butter. The rest was okay. I'd prefer chopped mushrooms to one big one, another indication of laziness on the behalf of the proprietor. 

I'd eat it before aRdja's.

• Upvote 2