You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

4 hours ago, TK421 said:

It's a spectacular breakfast but there's too much going on for me.  I wouldn't be able to finish it.  I would lose the beans (duh), tomatoes, black pudding, the thing in the middle, two slices of toast (as there appears to be fried bread under the eggs) and one sausage.  Change the tea to ice cold Coca Cola and we're good to go. 

Pissing myself here. 

Guest Pistonbroke
13 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

A mate sent me this drooling. Thought of you twats.

T2mxS9Nh.jpg

Best looking breakfast that has been posted on here in an age. Eggs could have done with a quick flip but that's just being picky and the way I do them myself. 

Fine looking plate of food that. I can overlook the presence of the beans because at least they haven't overdone it. I don't particularly care for black pudding but everything on that place looks very well cooked. 2 types of bacon. Mushrooms that look as though they have actually been sauteed rather than boiled. Properly grilled tomatoes, not raw ones or tinned ones. Nice hash brown in the middle, not one of those frozen triangles. Fried eggs sunny side up that look as though the cook was looking after them properly. Toast done right. That establishment can hold its head up high.

• Upvote 1

IMG_20190913_112711149.jpg

Now I am obviously limited by vegetarianism, but even so, this was a somewhat eccentric plate.

Beans, hash brown and tomatoes were exactly as you would expect. Mushrooms were ok, underdone in my book. Egg didn't look much, but the yolk was runny and it tasted good. Toast was fine, I would have preferred fried bread but it's not even an option! Cauliflower cheese grill shouldn't be anywhere near a breakfast. The veggie Lincolnshire sausage was the best thing on the plate, but I had to get it as an extra - it only comes as standard on the vegan breakfast (which, incidentally, also features a veggie burger - wtf). I did not choose or consume the lamb's lettuce. You can have unlimited tea or coffee, but I elected for fresh orange juice instead, which I'm sure will go down well on here.

I can't really complain about the cost, £3.90 plus 60p for the sausage. I'll probably come here again and just order a shitload of eggs, sausages and beans on toast.

• Upvote 3