You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

7 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

1 bacon

2 sausage

segregation beans

mushrooms

fried egg

sour dough toast

half a small tomato

flat white

£9.50

Wank!

Big hole in the middle of the plate where black pudding and something made of potato should be. The egg was undercooked with some of the white bit still runny. The sausages were nice, if a bit fatty. The bacon was good, but one fucking rasher? 

I won't be rushing back.

Anyway, it's lined my stomach before I got to the pub to watch repeats of old test matches whilst it pisses down at Old Trafford!

breakfast.jpg

State of that egg.

20190906_182033.jpg

• Upvote 4

This mornings breakfast. Took my little girl out for as its her birthday party later.

nice little cafe in Wetherby.

she had two poached eggs on toast, I had the basic full English with no added extras.

£5.95 for mine. Could’ve added black pudding and a second egg, but wasn’t hungry enough so didn’t.

all in, mine, hers, a coffee and two orange juices for £11. Happy with that.

Sausages were ace. Egg was nice. Two slices of brown toast with butter not in the picture. Arrived uncut, so I sliced into triangles cause I’m middle class.

spot on.

CFEFDCF6-4A99-47AC-B57F-306DDC1CC100.jpeg

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

This mornings breakfast. Took my little girl out for as its her birthday party later.

she had two poached eggs on toast, I had the basic full English with no added extras.

£5.95 for mine. Could’ve added black pudding and a second egg, but wasn’t hungry enough so didn’t.

Sausages were ace. Egg was nice. Two slices of brown toast with butter not in the picture. Arrived uncut, so I sliced into triangles cause I’m middle class.

spot on.

Perfectly fine that for the price. Everything looks well cooked.

2 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

spot on.

Rep from Ardja there. He'd have paid his life savings and his first born son for that.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

spot on.

I'd already repped you before for the pic before I read about the butchering of the toast.

Fuck all wrong with that brekie though. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

spot on.

Fucking hell mate, she may not be yours but don’t take it out on her.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

spot on.

That looks a cracker for the price. I'm not a tinned tomato or fungus person, but you can't argue with the value. The food looks well cooked, the sausages look real and not crappy chippy type, the beans look pan cooked and not microwaved so the juice stays too thin. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

the beans look pan cooked and not microwaved so the juice stays too thin. 

I’m gonna have to disagree with this. I’m a firm pro-beaner, just like everyone with an IQ higher than Dwight Yorke’s illegitimate children, but you can still see a bit of bean juice there. Well cooked beans should be one gloopy entity. Say no to loose juice. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m gonna have to disagree with this. I’m a firm pro-beaner, just like everyone with an IQ higher than Dwight Yorke’s illegitimate children, but you can still see a bit of bean juice there. Well cooked beans should be one gloopy entity. Say no to loose juice. 

I thought they looked alright. 

I cooked a mini breakfast this morning and had HP beans for the 1st time in probably decades. They were really nice. I'm sticking with them I think. 

21 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

spot on.

Get rid of the placenta and the mushrooms and that's a decent effort. 

5 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I thought they looked alright. 

I cooked a mini breakfast this morning and had HP beans for the 1st time in probably decades. They were really nice. I'm sticking with them I think. 

My real life mate is a big a pro-beaner and is massively into his Heinz.  When we lived together as students I used to always argue that they were practically indistinguishable from HP, but he wasn't having it.  I said he would never be able to tell the difference and the baked bean challenge was born.

Using scientific methods the challenge was set up.  I cooked three plates of beans on toast for him simultaneously using Heinz, HP and a popular supermarket's own brand.  I'm not naming the supermarket, they can fuck off.  My mate was blindfolded as the challenge commenced.  Nowt kinky, like, just so that he couldn't identify the beans visually.  He ruled out the supermarket beans straight away - the sauce was a dead giveaway.  But when it came to HP vs Heinz he took a good minute or so to make his choice.  In the end, to my dismay, he identified the Heinz beans correctly but it was close.  It was one of the greatest days of the late 90s.

• Upvote 9

On 07/09/2019 at 13:29, Bob Spunkmouse said:

spot on.

Can we all put the kids down and get back to actually cooking bacon for fuck sake 

That there is fucking horrendous. Is that gravy next to the orange juice? Stab yourself.