You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

On 31/08/2019 at 10:52, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Meeting an old school mate for a pint before I headed back north turned into an unplanned big night out last night, and I kipped on my mates sofa. Woke up rough as fuck.

weve just been for brekkie at a hipster cafe place in the jewellery quarter in

Establishment: Urban Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham.

Price: £9.25 plus £3 for coffee.

Verdict: just what the doctor ordered. Bloody lovely. Decided not to add black pudding cause I was already spending a tenner on a breakfast and that was an extra £1.25:

Fabulous curly sausage, but just standard pork, no Cumberland herby nonsense. Delicious.

2 bacon hiding under the sausage. Nicely cooked. A bit strong in their smokiness if I’m being super critical.

2 perfectly poached eggs.

really nice sourdough toast.

tomato was better cooked than it looks.

all in all, that’s a bloody strong 9/10 for me.

89EB6D32-DACD-4088-AE3D-A2E870EE1DED.jpeg

£9.25 and still no black pudding?

On 31/08/2019 at 10:52, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Meeting an old school mate for a pint before I headed back north turned into an unplanned big night out last night, and I kipped on my mates sofa. Woke up rough as fuck.

weve just been for brekkie at a hipster cafe place in the jewellery quarter in

Establishment: Urban Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham.

Price: £9.25 plus £3 for coffee.

Verdict: just what the doctor ordered. Bloody lovely. Decided not to add black pudding cause I was already spending a tenner on a breakfast and that was an extra £1.25:

Fabulous curly sausage, but just standard pork, no Cumberland herby nonsense. Delicious.

2 bacon hiding under the sausage. Nicely cooked. A bit strong in their smokiness if I’m being super critical.

2 perfectly poached eggs.

really nice sourdough toast.

tomato was better cooked than it looks.

all in all, that’s a bloody strong 9/10 for me.

89EB6D32-DACD-4088-AE3D-A2E870EE1DED.jpeg

Was the bra tasty?

• Upvote 4

On 01/09/2019 at 02:58, polymerpunkah said:

In Las Vegas, needed a spot to watch the unmentionable, so thought I'd have breakfast as well.

McMullan's Pub Full Irish:

Three eggs

Black and white pudding

One sausage

Bacon

Fried potatoes

One slice of toast

English black tea

Cost: 16 USD 

It was excellent. Eggs could have used another ten seconds, as could the tomato, but every thing else was perfect.

Loses a point for no mushrooms, of course. 

Offered beans for an added two bucks--I'm pretty sure the server is forced to ask, as he had a relieved look on his face when I declined. Even he wanted no part of them. And rightly so.

Good crowd, btw. All LFC, singing, chanting, boozing like mad at 9 in the morning.

20190831_093833.jpg

At least you felt ashamed enough to eat it in a dark cellar somewhere.

In Las Vegas, needed a spot to watch the unmentionable, so thought I'd have breakfast as well.

Three eggs

Black and white pudding

One sausage

Bacon

Fried potatoes

One slice of toast

English black tea

It was excellent. Eggs could have used another ten seconds, as could the tomato, but every thing else was perfect.

Offered beans for an added two bucks--I'm pretty sure the server is forced to ask, as he had a relieved look on his face when I declined. Even he wanted no part of them. And rightly so.

Good crowd, btw. All LFC, singing, chanting, boozing like mad at 9 in the morning.

20190831_093833.jpg

Turn the flash off. That lot are nocturnal for a reason. 

Just had an omelette for breakfast at a hotel I'm staying at. Chilli's, peppers and a load of other swizz with spicy potatoes on the side.

7/10 - pictures and re-rate tomorrow as chef was eyeing up a gang of women he wanted to knob on the grill.

Potatoes were good. Omelette a little underdone but onky fair to give him anither chance when he's not got a semi.

Three eggs

Black and white pudding

One sausage

Bacon

Fried potatoes

One slice of toast

English black tea

20190831_093833.jpg

Actual footage of Maddie McCann’s last meal at Hades’ gaff.

• Upvote 1

1 bacon

2 sausage

segregation beans

mushrooms

fried egg

sour dough toast

half a small tomato

flat white

£9.50

Wank!

Big hole in the middle of the plate where black pudding and something made of potato should be. The egg was undercooked with some of the white bit still runny. The sausages were nice, if a bit fatty. The bacon was good, but one fucking rasher? 

I won't be rushing back.

Anyway, it's lined my stomach before I got to the pub to watch repeats of old test matches whilst it pisses down at Old Trafford!

breakfast.jpg

• Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

1 bacon

2 sausage

segregation beans

mushrooms

fried egg

sour dough toast

half a small tomato

flat white

£9.50

Wank!

Big hole in the middle of the plate where black pudding and something made of potato should be. The egg was undercooked with some of the white bit still runny. The sausages were nice, if a bit fatty. The bacon was good, but one fucking rasher? 

I won't be rushing back.

Anyway, it's lined my stomach before I got to the pub to watch repeats of old test matches whilst it pisses down at Old Trafford!

breakfast.jpg

Some bastard drew an arse on your coffee. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

1 bacon

2 sausage

segregation beans

mushrooms

fried egg

sour dough toast

half a small tomato

flat white

£9.50

Wank!

I won't be rushing back.

breakfast.jpg

At least they left a big hole where the nuclear bomb should go, the fucking cunts.

• Upvote 1

The egg looks like a hybrid between fried and poached. The sausages look like they have been deep fried and for too long. So much so that the end of one of them has broken off. The tomato looks like it was heated up in a microwave. The lack of black pudding is disappointing, emphasised by the empty space on the plate. The bacon and mushrooms look ok. Obviously, the less said about beans, the better.

In short, shite!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

1 bacon

2 sausage

segregation beans

mushrooms

fried egg

sour dough toast

half a small tomato

flat white

£9.50

Wank!

I won't be rushing back.

breakfast.jpg

It looks like a big eye infection.