You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

3 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

295 pages in and the best I’ve seen so far is Anny Road’s.

Any other memorable breakfasts stood out for the right reasons?

I'm so pissed off his was so good. The only let down for me was that he gave in to the bean dodging minority and put his beans into a fucking ramekin. Otherwise... very decent. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Let’s be honest. We’re all critics but we’ll eat any old shite. The truth of the matter is I couldn’t be arsed standing in the kitchen for long enough to cook a breakfast. Making a cup of tea is effort enough. When we have a fry up at ours, I meekly accept scrambled eggs because the kids won’t eat fried and I’m a loving, considerate partner who doesn’t want to force his missus into extra work. She used to microwave the beans until I threatened to end our relationship over it early on and I only demand that she fries eggs when I’m having egg and bacon on toast or a simple egg on. 

23 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I meekly accept scrambled eggs because the kids won’t eat fried and the people at work are getting suspicious when I tell them that I’ve accidentally walked into yet another door.

49 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Let’s be honest. We’re all critics but we’ll eat any old shite. The truth of the matter is I couldn’t be arsed standing in the kitchen for long enough to cook a breakfast. Making a cup of tea is effort enough. When we have a fry up at ours, I meekly accept scrambled eggs because the kids won’t eat fried and I’m a loving, considerate partner who doesn’t want to force his missus into extra work. She used to microwave the beans until I threatened to end our relationship over it early on and I only demand that she fries eggs when I’m having egg and bacon on toast or a simple egg on. 

I prefer poached then scrambled over fried, anyway. Only place I’d choose to have a fried egg is in a bacon and egg roll where it’s instantly food of the gods, otherwise they can pretty much fuck off.

2DA670D1-3D25-46DD-A50D-275E731DF02B.jpeg

Meeting an old school mate for a pint before I headed back north turned into an unplanned big night out last night, and I kipped on my mates sofa. Woke up rough as fuck.

weve just been for brekkie at a hipster cafe place in the jewellery quarter in

Establishment: Urban Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham.

Price: £9.25 plus £3 for coffee.

Verdict: just what the doctor ordered. Bloody lovely. Decided not to add black pudding cause I was already spending a tenner on a breakfast and that was an extra £1.25:

Fabulous curly sausage, but just standard pork, no Cumberland herby nonsense. Delicious.

2 bacon hiding under the sausage. Nicely cooked. A bit strong in their smokiness if I’m being super critical.

2 perfectly poached eggs.

really nice sourdough toast.

tomato was better cooked than it looks.

all in all, that’s a bloody strong 9/10 for me.

89EB6D32-DACD-4088-AE3D-A2E870EE1DED.jpeg

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Meeting an old school mate for a pint before I headed back north turned into an unplanned big night out last night, and I kipped on my mates sofa. Woke up rough as fuck.

weve just been for brekkie at a hipster cafe place in the jewellery quarter in

Establishment: Urban Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham.

Price: £9.25 plus £3 for coffee.

Verdict: just what the doctor ordered. Bloody lovely. Decided not to add black pudding cause I was already spending a tenner on a breakfast and that was an extra £1.25:

Fabulous curly sausage, but just standard pork, no Cumberland herby nonsense. Delicious.

2 bacon hiding under the sausage. Nicely cooked. A bit strong in their smokiness if I’m being super critical.

2 perfectly poached eggs.

really nice sourdough toast.

tomato was better cooked than it looks.

all in all, that’s a bloody strong 9/10 for me.

89EB6D32-DACD-4088-AE3D-A2E870EE1DED.jpeg

Coffee with a full English? 

'Gasps'

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Do you need the number for samaritans mate?