You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

I sent the daughter down to the butchers this morning to get me some food and made this. She's maybe gone the wrong butcher though as it's not my normal sausages and the bacon did a bit of shrinking and the black pud was alright, but again not my normal. For some reason I didn't feel like beans today.

2 eggs, 3 sausage, 3 bacon, 2 black pudding, 3 Ulster fry and a fried slice. 

IMG_20190713_104121.jpg

• Upvote 9

4 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

2 bacon and 1 Cumberland ring. It was enough sausage. In fact I didn't eat again all day, so it was enough everything. That's marmalade in the pot, I had that on one of the slices of toast at the end.  

That was the reason I there. Not that I'm involved, but have lots of mates from a kid who grew up in it. Not sure why we bother to go to Southport, a few of the lads it's the one day of the year we still meet for a pint, but we never leave the pub and could be anywhere. But it's always a great day for me catching up with the lads, some of which I've known for more than 40 years and with everything that's happened over the last year with me (I wasn't well enough to go last year), it made it a bit more special yesterday. 

Have you been in that cafe with the Inspiral Carpets stuff on the wall?

2 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I sent the daughter down to the butchers this morning to get me some food and made this. She's maybe gone the wrong butcher though as it's not my normal sausages and the bacon did a bit of shrinking and the black pud was alright, but again not my normal. For some reason I didn't feel like beans today.

2 eggs, 3 sausage, 3 bacon, 2 black pudding, 3 Ulster fry and a fried slice. 

IMG_20190713_104121.jpg

That looks great. Would happily pay £10 for that.

6 hours ago, viRdjil said:

That looks great. Would happily pay £10 for that.

The ingredients were £12 but I've still got 3 quarters of it left in the fridge for a family fry tomorrow before heading off with the little one to Bradford for the match! A fry up 3 days running, that has to be some type of personal record.  

17 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Cheers, I'm down at my mum's next week, so I'll see if I can get hold of some.

Just been looking at their website. Looks like they have a factory shop in Bootle and they have some white pudding there too. I always struggle to get white pudding, in fact not seen it for years in Liverpool. I might head there myself in the next few week. 

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

The ingredients were £12 but I've still got 3 quarters of it left in the fridge for a family fry tomorrow before heading off with the little one to Bradford for the march! A fry up 3 days running, that has to be some type of personal record.  

You should be getting fruit and veg down you for fuck sake Barry! 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

You should be getting fruit and veg down you for fuck sake Barry! 

Yeah, you're not wrong! Although one of the surprises I've had the last year is they don't give a shit what you're eating as long as you're getting the calories in. I'm sure they prefer the fruit and veg path, but nearly all the advice I've had is eat what you enjoy. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Expecting 10s all around for this...

IMG_20190724_193214.thumb.jpg.dc58bf8b9840cd18960a0dbaf0daccaa.jpg

Cheese toasties, stacked with veggie sausage patties, eggs and portobello mushrooms. Thin layer of brown sauce underneath the patties.

Greatness on a plate.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

4 minutes ago, Six Buoys said:

Expecting 10s all around for this...

IMG_20190724_193214.thumb.jpg.dc58bf8b9840cd18960a0dbaf0daccaa.jpg

Cheese toasties, stacked with veggie sausage patties, eggs and portobello mushrooms. Thin layer of brown sauce underneath the patties.

Greatness on a plate.

10’s of posts calling it fucking shite.

• Upvote 1