You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

6 hours ago, arthur friedenreich said:

This mornings (well dinner hour, as had a late one last night) piece de resistance. The missus asked if I wanted bread or toast, as she looks after the carbs while I handle protein, and I took what I’m terming as the continental iption and had one of each, fucking superb.

10$ worth of bacon, 4 bits of bread and butter, bloody good splurge of HP.

63CA4393-3050-45EE-87DB-D827F173EE63.jpeg

Top work here -- why the different toasts?

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Repped for the effort and the time stamp - the brekkie itself looks near inedible and is a stunning example of you get what you pay for. 

The eggs look to be from two different species, frozen hash brown, tomatoes from a tin, undercooked mushrooms and the less said about those sausages the better. I would rather eat the five note - hopefully that is your girls middle finger flipping this atrocity the bird.

Who had the beans on toast?

The finger is about the only edible looking thing there 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

IMAG0022.jpg

Cafe Coco, Cowley road in Oxford. Very nice, egg was overdone but they made the fungus edible by cooking them in garlic butter, potatoes totally redundant.  Excellent sausage, BP and bacon.

Most of all, as we went there yesterday for tea as well, every waitress in the place is a heart-breakingly beautiful.  Great hiring policy.  10/10.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

The toast was fine, nice crunch to it and it was good fresh bread so the absorbent middle was appreciated.

The sausage was pretty densely packed and tasty. No complaints at all about one having the one. 

With you on the green shit

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

It looks like they didn't know what to make, so gave you Brunch. 

It looks to me like they knew exactly what they were making. The fucking deviants. Baby potatoes and beans on a breakfast and lunch plate? Where's the cheese for making it jacket potato with cheese and beans? I like chives on eggs but the plate looks like a planned takedown. 

Mount Pleasant Inn, Nomansland. 

8/10

Sausages were handmade and all different sizes, probably the best sausage I’ve ever had. Bacon was very good quality and well cooked. Tomatoes needed another minute or two, beans were cooked well and the sauce nicely reduced and an extra hash brown for not having mushroom. 

Took a point off for no black pudding. 

A0D60395-C098-463D-8EE9-AFA60C61647C.jpeg

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Top marks for going with an egg there fella - about time.

Did you have a word with them on the toast?

Gave the egg to my ol fella, not eating that shite. 

We had about 12 slices of toast between the three of us and were all fighting over the well done slices. 

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

IMAG0022.jpg

Cafe Coco, Cowley road in Oxford. Very nice, egg was overdone but they made the fungus edible by cooking them in garlic butter, potatoes totally redundant.  Excellent sausage, BP and bacon.

Most of all, as we went there yesterday for tea as well, every waitress in the place is a heart-breakingly beautiful.  Great hiring policy.  10/10.

Looks pretty good apart from the evil beans, obviously

The Kazbar next door does some tasty tapas and an outstanding mojito

Similar hiring policy, which is nice

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

IMAG0022.jpg

Looks great that mate