You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

53 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Alright here goes... my own attempt at re-creating my ideal fry-up.

1 x Italian pork sausage

2 x unsmoked bacon

1 slice of Irish black pudding 

1 x fried egg how I like it; over medium

1 serving of Heinz baked beans with reduced sugar

Well satisfied. The pork sausage was the highlight. Best sausage I’ve ever had. Also @Captain Turdseye, I did the beans the way you told us to. Simmered slowly in a saucepan on the hob... I rate it. I can confidently say that I’m a beaner now.

E618AEC6-F43B-40B7-8B59-197A252324AA.jpeg

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Buried away in the small-print, easily missed by someone recoiling in fucking horror at that plate of food, is the detail ‘unsmoked bacon’.

As if things weren’t already bad enough.

Could only be worse if it was nothing more than a whole pot of beans served up in one of these felchers:

62CA1048-B4E9-4E3B-9BF0-E775C78D0D94.jpeg

(Shoes chef’s own).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, viRdjil said:

1 x Italian pork sausage

2 x unsmoked bacon

Well satisfied. The pork sausage was the highlight. Best sausage I’ve ever had. Also @Captain Turdseye, I did the beans the way you told us to. Simmered slowly in a saucepan on the hob... I rate it. I can confidently say that I’m a beaner now.

If I had to name this breakfast it would be 'The Jimmy Saville' 

Repped for making me laugh, and the beans look good

2 hours ago, viRdjil said:

1 x Italian pork sausage

2 x unsmoked bacon

You’ve done well with turdseye’s bean notes, but fuck the Irish black pudding, I’m not calling them filthy fuckers, but they mix cow in with it, unlike the fine people north of the lothian borders.

the egg does appear to have been dragged around a 1980’s playground however

and avocado green is, again, a Nono  for anyone who lived through the 70/80s.

finally, bacon should be cooked%.

1 hour ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Buried away in the small-print, easily missed by someone recoiling in fucking horror at that plate of food, is the detail ‘unsmoked bacon’.

As if things weren’t already bad enough.

Could only be worse if it was nothing more than a whole pot of beans served up in one of these felchers:

62CA1048-B4E9-4E3B-9BF0-E775C78D0D94.jpeg

(Shoes chef’s own).

You know why

• Upvote 1

I was in Anglesey this morning in a cafe named Bay Cafe near benllech beach. As nice a sausage as I've had on a fry up in years (and my little one had a sausage on toast and she didn't like the sausages so I got a bonus 2!). All round cracker, nice fried slice, bacon was tasty and thick cut, nice beans, well cooked black pud, would have preferred 2 eggs. Hash brown and toast was a extra, but just £5.50 for the rest. Value 9.5/10, food 9/10. 

IMG_20190316_103702.jpg

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I was in Anglesey this morning in a cafe named Bay Cafe near benllech beach. As nice a sausage as I've had on a fry up in years (and my little one had a sausage on toast and she didn't like the sausages so I got a bonus 2!). All round cracker, nice fried slice, bacon was tasty and thick cut, nice beans, well cooked black pud, would have preferred 2 eggs. Hash brown and toast was a extra, but just £5.50 for the rest. Value 9.5/10, food 9/10. 

IMG_20190316_103702.jpg

Sausages, bacon and one slice of the black pudding are salvageable - I’d eat them with the fried bread. The rest can go in the bin. I pity the person who ordered just hash bastards - where’s the rest of their brekkie? Sachets of sauce are a disgrace, obviously.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

IMG_20190316_103702.jpg

As my nan used to say, red sausage - seee the doctor, keep away from anyone for a few days

12 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

IMG_20190316_103702.jpg

Looks like a crispy pancake on the left side of the plate.  -30/10

7 hours ago, Carradona said:

Belfast International Airport

£9.99

No toast

No tea/coffee

Absolutely shite: -1/10

20190316_083946.jpg

Did you find that image on rotten.com mate? I hope you fucking battered everyone in belfast when that was put in front of you. 

• Like 1