You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

3 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Hawksmoor was nice - but I would say only if you are not paying! There's no way I would pay for it (maybe 18 quid iirc for a regular breakfast and more again for one with a bacon chop). Someone told me the Trading House on Gresham St is good. I haven't been for breakfast, just lunch, which was OK. 

The Lampery is decent, as is Factory House in Leadenhall.  The Darwin Brasserie in the sky garden is a great place for  breakfast on a clear day.

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

Reckon I’m going to save your embarrassment today JJ...

Had an absolute cunt of a night shift last night and I’d not eaten for 24 hours so stopped on the way home for a breakfast. 

Where do I start with this shit? 

Sausages were cheap and skinny too - tight bastards. 

Bacon was shite, not cooked properly and it looks like the bastard who served the food had a wank on it first. 

Black pudding was how I’d imagine trying to eat an ice hockey puck. 

Tomato was tasteless and undercooked. 

Hashbrowns aneamic and

Beans had obviously been done in the microwave. 

Toast was cold and shit. 

£10 including tea. 

0/10

6FE8B731-FBD5-4438-90B6-4A794A4E1AE8.jpeg

That bacon looks like its got white fungal mold on it.

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

Reckon I’m going to save your embarrassment today JJ...

Had an absolute cunt of a night shift last night and I’d not eaten for 24 hours so stopped on the way home for a breakfast. 

Where do I start with this shit? 

Sausages were cheap and skinny too - tight bastards. 

Bacon was shite, not cooked properly and it looks like the bastard who served the food had a wank on it first. 

Black pudding was how I’d imagine trying to eat an ice hockey puck. 

Tomato was tasteless and undercooked. 

Hashbrowns aneamic and

Beans had obviously been done in the microwave. 

Toast was cold and shit. 

£10 including tea. 

0/10

6FE8B731-FBD5-4438-90B6-4A794A4E1AE8.jpeg

Why has the bacon got webbed feet?

5 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

How are they price wise? I'm always looking for a decent breakfast when I'm in the city. 

none of them are cheap, but there is a place under the arches at Fenchurch Street that is bloody brilliant and cheap.  I'll c an't remember what it's called but I'll have a look.  There are a few decent places between Bishopsgate and Spitalfields/Petticoat Lane, but again I can't remember what they're called off the top of me head.

• Upvote 3

I'm finally at Favorita, it was shut this morning (strange for a place serving breakfast and it was 8:30) but they do an all day breakfast. It's ordered and cost a very reasonable £3.50, I think the tea cost an extra 50p.I've swapped the beans and hash browns for extra toast and egg. I am expecting to also get mushrooms and tomatoes. The service was very well meaning and nice though I had to tell them I was a vegetarian about 6 times before they got it. 

• Upvote 3