You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

2 hours ago, Fugitive said:

Making a fried egg is easy. A small amount of butter in a pan on low heat, add eggs when it’s hot and then cover with a lid. The steam helps cook the egg evenly and it won’t burn.

Butter on its own wont work. If if browns it goes bitter. Bit of oil as well  works.

6 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

First time I’ve actually cooked a brekkie in a while, and I guess it’s more of a brunch given the time, but...

F7536D51-AA78-4AAF-A7CC-40BB2129D014.jpeg

To cook it and serve it up once is bad enough, but to serve it up on two different plates is just plan wrong. Is that really avocado on a pitta bread with eggs, bacon, beans and tomato?

34 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Is that really avocado on a pitta bread with eggs, bacon, beans and tomato?

No. It’s avocado on a tortilla wrap, with eggs, bacon, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms and tobacco sauce.

dont sell it short.

and it was bloody lovely.

3 hours ago, Fugitive said:

Making a fried egg is easy. A small amount of butter in a pan on low heat, add eggs when it’s hot and then cover with a lid. The steam helps cook the egg evenly and it won’t burn.

IMG_20190114_201204.jpg

giphy.gif

• Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

No. It’s avocado on a tortilla wrap, with eggs, bacon, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms and tobacco sauce.

dont sell it short.

and it was bloody lovely.

Mushrooms? Where are they? Tobacco sauce? Did you roll it up in the tortilla and smoke it?

14 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

The last few pages of food almost certainly break international law.

This is the part that saves the makers from prosecution as it's questionable that it falls under this category.

On 11/10/2018 at 10:37 AM, Karl_b said:

I'm giving a presentation to a small farm/education charity this morning and I've been excited all week about getting here early for a full English. It hasn't disappointed. All the pork products are raised and made on site:

Two thick, smoked slices of proper fucking bacon.

Three proper fucking sausages, meaty and perfectly cooked.

Delicious, moist black pudding.

Two eggs (slightly undercooked on top, the only slight disappointment but still edible).

Beans, mushrooms, toast, keys.

£10.50 including coffee (fuck off NV).

9/10.

20181110_102749.jpg

I went back for another go yesterday.

The above still applies, 9/10. A few minor differences - the sausages were cooked a little better this time, the eggs done separately (rather than 2 to a pan) and the mushrooms seasoned better (pretty much perfectly).

20190202_105246.jpg

• Upvote 7

18 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

First time I’ve actually cooked a brekkie in a while, and I guess it’s more of a brunch given the time, but...

F7536D51-AA78-4AAF-A7CC-40BB2129D014.jpeg

So what is this? A deconstructed guacamole? I'm sure it says breakfast in the thread title. Even Mexicans would rail at this nonsense.

Bob's breakfast just doesn't know what it is. I'm all for an alternative to a fry-up but at least think about what it's supposed to be!

At the risk of being too hipster, avocado on good, ideally sourdough, toast with a couple of poachies (proper fucken runny) and plenty of salt and pepper is great. Adding bacon is also great (the saltiness works perfectly with avocado) but beans, fried eggs and tortillas? Not for me, Clive.

• Upvote 2