You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

59 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Beans for breakfast go back to medieval times. People who don't have beans are basically either working class traitors or Tories. 

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/7xyj5q/answering-the-most-important-question-about-the-british-fry-up?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

They'd hang, draw and quarter anti-beaners in medieval times for being witches. Can we bring back corporal punishment?

People in the Middle Ages used to live in wattle and daub huts, so the above is like saying people who live in brick houses are working class traitors or Tories.

If something is shit, and you don’t have to put up with it any more, then you get rid. That goes for wattle and daub huts and beans on a breakfast.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

People in the Middle Ages used to live in wattle and daub huts, so the above is like saying people who live in brick houses are working class traitors or Tories.

If something is shit, and you don’t have to put up with it any more, then you get rid. That goes for wattle and daub huts and beans on a breakfast.

But beans on a breakfast are boss. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

6 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Beans for breakfast go back to medieval times. People who don't have beans are basically either working class traitors or Tories. 

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/7xyj5q/answering-the-most-important-question-about-the-british-fry-up?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The article is a load of wank.

Beans were only added to a fry up in the 60s. Some caff on the A1 that the ton-up bikers used to use added them to add bulk to the meal without it it actually costing them much. It's a filthy southern affectation, no northerner brought up properly would have contemplated such a heinous move.

Rumours thar Gary Glitter and Jimmy Savile were employed in the kitchen at the time are probably false.

41H7n2qHgtL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Called the English Breakfast lovers bible - notice the image.

Bacon-maker par excellence Tim Hayward. "I love a fry up with all my congested heart," he says. "The full-fried is probably the UK's greatest gift to the civilised world – the erotic dance of sausage, bacon and egg, the grace note of black pudding, the righteous fried bread …" he trails off, dribbling.

"I find your views shocking and upsetting," says Seb Emina, author of the Breakfast Bible. "Fry-ups are a way of showing off good ingredients. You take bacon, egg, black pudding, mushrooms etc, cook them to your liking, and arrange them on a plate. That's it."

Notice the words.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

It's called the English Breakfast Handbook. The picture is up there with the worst breakfasts in this thread. Mostly inedible. Even in the 1970s when that book came out people would have ran screaming in terror from a plate like that placed before them. Little Chef was serving better than that back then. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

It's called the English Breakfast Handbook. The picture is up there with the worst breakfasts in this thread. Mostly inedible. Even in the 1970s when that book came out people would have ran screaming in terror from a plate like that placed before them. Little Chef was serving better than that back then. 

UNTRUE!!!

The full name is "The English Breakfast Handbook - A Guide to the Traditional Full English Breakfast."

It was written a few years back by the founder of the English Breakfast Society.

He started the Society in 2012, partly out of frustration of not being able to find a proper full English breakfast in West London during the early 90’s. He set out to reverse the decline he saw in a grand old national tradition and to spread word of the history and tradition of the English breakfast, determined to keep it firmly in the public eye.

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

As someone who has worked on the building for many years let’s discuss Hash Browns. I can never remember them being an item on a brekkie until the last 12/15 years. Or is it just me? Or my memory.

They are definitely a new and highly unwelcome fad

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

As someone who has worked on the building for many years let’s discuss Hash Browns. I can never remember them being an item on a brekkie until the last 12/15 years. Or is it just me? Or my memory.

Yanks with hash browns and cockney's with chips, the dirty bastards.

And this from a devout spud lover. There is no place for a spud on a breakfast plate.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Yanks with hash browns and cockney's with chips, the dirty bastards.

And this from a devout spud lover. There is no place for a spud on a breakfast plate.

I'd mostly agree but bicurious about a potato cake or potato farl or whatever you call it that those Irish loons stick on a breakkie

6 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Bacon is undercooked and only one rasher.

Sausage is burnt at one end and only one of them.

Eggs need the oil flicking on them.

The mushrooms look shite.

No black pudding.

3/10

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

It must be American as hash browns are an integral part of the McDonald's breakfast menu. 

13 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Bacon-maker par excellence Tim Hayward. "I love a fry up with all my congested heart," he says. "The full-fried is probably the UK's greatest gift to the civilised world – the erotic dance of sausage, bacon and egg, the grace note of black pudding, the righteous fried bread …" he trails off, dribbling.

"I find your views shocking and upsetting," says Seb Emina, author of the Breakfast Bible. "Fry-ups are a way of showing off good ingredients. You take bacon, egg, black pudding, mushrooms etc, cook them to your liking, and arrange them on a plate. That's it."

Notice the words.

Looks like he has taken a picture of the plastic breakfast in one of those little girls my first kitchen playsets 

On 1/1/2019 at 3:55 PM, aRdja said:

First breakfast of 2019

Venue: Market Cafe, London Fields

Price point: £9.50

Detailed ingriedients: Unfortunately it wasn’t fully disclosed on the menu, so I didn’t know it didn’t include black pudding... but anw, 1 x Sausage, 2 x Bacon, 2 x friend eggs, sautéed mushroom, grilled tomato, hash brown, beans, a slide of sourdough bread.

Verdict: It was quite nice, but way overpriced. The sausage was tasty, I enjoyed the fried eggs, nice enough mushroom. Would’ve liked to have at least a slice of black pudding with it. I thought about ordering it as extras only to find out that they’re charging £2+ for it.

19BE2668-5922-49EE-B2BB-E536A6C44414.jpeg

Your brekky looks like that Gonzo lad from The Muppets.

The_Great_Gonzo_muppets_master_replicas_gonzo_.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 14