You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

19 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

How has this got so many likes? The eggs have got all brown on the edges. 

I think the price point alone has gotten it some support - the meat is done pretty well and comes on the heels of a few offerings that looked boiled. The eggs have been done on a griddle, not in a pan - it is ok to have some crisp/brown on the edges of a fried egg.

7 hours ago, aRdja said:

Somehow I thought you lived in town? It’s ridiculous how expensive hotels are in Liverpool during matchdays. It cost me £119. Travelodge in and around the city also cost about the same. Capitalism at work I suppose, but late games mean I have to fork out £200 for the trains and accomm, which is a fuck load of cash. 

I lived down south at the time 

First breakfast of 2019

Venue: Market Cafe, London Fields

Price point: £9.50

Detailed ingriedients: Unfortunately it wasn’t fully disclosed on the menu, so I didn’t know it didn’t include black pudding... but anw, 1 x Sausage, 2 x Bacon, 2 x friend eggs, sautéed mushroom, grilled tomato, hash brown, beans, a slide of sourdough bread.

Verdict: It was quite nice, but way overpriced. The sausage was tasty, I enjoyed the fried eggs, nice enough mushroom. Would’ve liked to have at least a slice of black pudding with it. I thought about ordering it as extras only to find out that they’re charging £2+ for it.

19BE2668-5922-49EE-B2BB-E536A6C44414.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

First breakfast of 2019

Detailed ingriedients: Unfortunately it wasn’t fully disclosed on the menu, so I didn’t know it didn’t include black pudding... but anw, 1 x Sausage, 2 x Bacon, 2 x friend eggs, sautéed mushroom, grilled tomato, hash brown, beans, a slide of sourdough bread.

Verdict: It was quite nice, but way overpriced. The sausage was tasty, I enjoyed the fried eggs, nice enough mushroom. Would’ve liked to have at least a slice of black pudding with it. I thought about ordering it as extras only to find out that they’re charging £2+ for it.

It looks well cooked at least but hideously overpriced. Needs an extra sausage and the lack of any black pudding is disappointing. 7/10.  I gave an extra mark for the beans. 

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

First breakfast of 2019

That’s a fucking disgrace.

I hope you twatted the owner.

Water Rats near St Pancras (Grey Nuns Rd or the other one that kind of juts off,

anyway it’s by the Point hotel) does a good one but is £10 if I remember all though you do get a 10% discount for the next one. 

I had had a picture but must have deleted it; anyway it was filling and didn’t eat the until tea. Mind you probably sank a fair

amount of pints in between.

Should add the Euston Flyer used to do a decent Sunday roast but last two times were poor, Yorkshire pudding was like an ice hockey puck and roast veggies soggy. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, aRdja said:

First breakfast of 2019

I understand some deviants like beans, so I don't begrudge them being served; however, the sheer audacity of practically immersing the sausage, of all things, in them should be a hangable offence.

• Upvote 2

On 1/1/2019 at 1:04 AM, aRdja said:

My wife got her placement at Royal Surrey Hospital in Guildford, and inter-deanery transfers are notoriously difficult apparently. We’re also planning to move back to Melbourne by the end of next year.

You'll have to work your way along the Yarra Promanade breakfasts.

I doubt you'll find a greasy spoon.