You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

1 hour ago, Seasons said:

Someone needs to have a word with the chef responsible for the beans, way too much sauce. 

Yeah agreed, too much sauce, too much beans. Get them all off the plate. 

Pissed off about that hash brown. I maintain this is new fad that needs fucking off. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, aRdja said:

@cloggypop.

Venue: Shiraz Palace, Liverpool

Pp: £5.99

Detailed ingredients: 2 x Sausages, 2 x Bacon rashers, 2 x fried eggs, black pudding, hash brown, two slices of buttered toast sliced horizontally, sautéed mushrooms, grilled tomato, beans.

Verdict: Solid 8.5/10

403BD172-EE90-4B5D-82FC-8A32A0DBDD24.jpeg

Having spoken to both Darryl Hall and John Oates I'm pleased to inform you interested board members that each of them have reliably informed me 'I could go for That'.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, aRdja said:

Stayed at the Adelphi last night after the game... barely got any sleep due to the combination of creepy old room and child-like excitement from the football. Checked out early to sample this meal, that came highly recommend by @cloggypop. So here goes...

Detailed ingredients: 2 x Sausages, 2 x Bacon rashers, 2 x fried eggs, black pudding, hash brown, two slices of buttered toast sliced horizontally, sautéed mushrooms, grilled tomato, beans.

Verdict: Solid 8.5/10.

Probably the best value of all. I tried my best but couldnt finish it. The fried eggs were done to perfection. I’m not normally a fan of sunny-side-up, but these were great. Couldn’t fault the bacon, sausages were good without being outstanding..

Unfortunately the black pudding was way overcooked almost to the point of having biscuit-like texture, and the beans I found too sweet and sticky.

Just before I left, a couple of generous fellow reds sent a glass of champagne my way.. which I appreciated very much. I was wearing a burgundy LFC new balance cap.  All in all, it was a very enjoyable experience. 

I hope they put cyanide in the champagne . Look at the fucking state of that tomato 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SammyAftershave said:

Having spoken to both Darryl Hall and John Oates I'm pleased to inform you interested board members that each of them have reliably informed me 'I could go for That'.

tenor.gif?itemid=7544785

1 hour ago, Elite said:

You wouldn't think it was once an upper class hotel.

I was outside it last hight and was thinking what a shame it is a proper hotel chain doesn't get its hands on it instead of those cheap arsed britannia cunts. It really could be a major flagship for the city again in the right hands, it's an incredible building. 

16 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I was outside it last hight and was thinking what a shame it is a proper hotel chain doesn't get its hands on it instead of those cheap arsed britannia cunts. It really could be a major flagship for the city again in the right hands, it's an incredible building. 

Remember the documentary about it? I stayed there when I came up for the oldham fa cup game about 6 years ago. Absolute shithole. I work for a hotel brand in Liverpool and we own a good few places but i'd love us to get hold of that and kit it all out. Boss place to be in town as well. Right near the station, parking etc. Its a lovely building. 

8 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Remember the documentary about it? I stayed there when I came up for the oldham fa cup game about 6 years ago. Absolute shithole. I work for a hotel brand in Liverpool and we own a good few places but i'd love us to get hold of that and kit it all out. Boss place to be in town as well. Right near the station, parking etc. Its a lovely building. 

Somehow I thought you lived in town? It’s ridiculous how expensive hotels are in Liverpool during matchdays. It cost me £119. Travelodge in and around the city also cost about the same. Capitalism at work I suppose, but late games mean I have to fork out £200 for the trains and accomm, which is a fuck load of cash. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Somehow I thought you lived in town? It’s ridiculous how expensive hotels are in Liverpool during matchdays. It cost me £119. Travelodge in and around the city also cost about the same. Capitalism at work I suppose, but late games mean I have to fork out £200 for the trains and accomm, which is a fuck load of cash. 

These are the perils you have to accept. Unless you don’t.

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah, the documentary was awful - but amazingly didn't make the hotel look worse than it actually is even through all that grand national / bomb scare shambles. It's the perfect location and building to be the best hotel in the city as it once was. Its just a shame it looks like britannia have no interest in selling. 

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

Of course, like my monthly rental... I accept I have to pay ridiculous money for a one bedder in London, but I enjoy complaining about every now and again.

The costs of match day, hotels, transport, breakfasts and your flat, would it not be cheaper living in the north if you could find a similar job (Might be less pay but you'd be saving a fortune).

9 minutes ago, Elite said:

The costs of match day, hotels, transport, breakfasts and your flat, would it not be cheaper living in the north if you could find a similar job (Might be less pay but you'd be saving a fortune).

My wife got her placement at Royal Surrey Hospital in Guildford, and inter-deanery transfers are notoriously difficult apparently. We’re also planning to move back to Melbourne by the end of next year.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, aRdja said:

My wife got her placement at Royal Surrey Hospital in Guildford, and inter-deanery transfers are notoriously difficult apparently. We’re also planning to move back to Melbourne by the end of next year.

Fair enough. Can I come with you? I'll pay half for your next brekkie?

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

First you were in the Navy and now you work for the YMCA?

I bet you’re the cowboy.

• Upvote 1

On 12/30/2018 at 9:32 AM, aRdja said:

Stayed at the Adelphi last night after the game... barely got any sleep due to the combination of creepy old room and child-like excitement from the football. Checked out early to sample this meal, that came highly recommend by @cloggypop. So here goes...

Verdict: Solid 8.5/10.

Probably the best value of all. I tried my best but couldnt finish it. The fried eggs were done to perfection. I’m not normally a fan of sunny-side-up, but these were great. Couldn’t fault the bacon, sausages were good without being outstanding..

Unfortunately the black pudding was way overcooked almost to the point of having biscuit-like texture, and the beans I found too sweet and sticky.

Just before I left, a couple of generous fellow reds sent a glass of champagne my way.. which I appreciated very much. I was wearing a burgundy LFC new balance cap.  All in all, it was a very enjoyable experience. 

How has this got so many likes? The eggs have got all brown on the edges. This is a massive pet hate of mine, it means they've probably not washed the frying pan since 2016 either that, or they just can't cook. The tomato is just sitting their in the tomatoes, like a fat slob sitting in their own filth. The toast looks like it's come from yesterday's uneaten bacon sandwich and that is not a hash brown, that is a potato cake!