You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

I stopped at Barton Truck Stop off the A1 yesterday. I went in and the cafe was pretty empty and I did think about leaving, but I saw fried bread was on the menu, so decided I'd just have a small breakfast.

It was a mixed experience. It was £5.98 for a small brecky and a cup of tea, and it tasted altright. It's the first time I've had fried bread for ages and that really hit the spot, but overall, I was underwhelmed.

Now here's the kicker. Another guy came in and ordered a breakfast. He paid by contactless, then his breakfast arrived and he asked where the ketchup was "25p!" came the reply and she actually made him pay 25p again by contactless for a sauce! This happened 3 times while I was in there!

5/10 and I'm being generous.

breakfast.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

37 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I stopped at Barton Truck Stop off the A1 yesterday. I went in and the cafe was pretty empty and I did think about leaving, but I saw fried bread was on the menu, so decided I'd just have a small breakfast.

It was a mixed experience. It was £5.98 for a small brecky and a cup of tea, and it tasted altright. It's the first time I've had fried bread for ages and that really hit the spot, but overall, I was underwhelmed.

Now here's the kicker. Another guy came in and ordered a breakfast. He paid by contactless, then his breakfast arrived and he asked where the ketchup was "25p!" came the reply and she actually made him pay 25p again by contactless for a sauce! This happened 3 times while I was in there!

breakfast.jpg

Did you pay 25p for the fucking ocean the beans are swimming in too? 

Anyone who cuts bread like that needs to be locked away for life. 

Terrible all around. I'd have called the police. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Seasons said:

Did you pay 25p for the fucking ocean the beans are swimming in too? 

Anyone who cuts bread like that needs to be locked away for life. 

Terrible all around. I'd have called the police. 

I'd have let them off for calling it friend bread.

Edit: It's been changed to fried bread now but when I first saw it, it was called friend bread. I have to have some.

4 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

breakfast.jpg

Beans have ruined everything but the the fried bread. Negged.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

breakfast.jpg

“ tasted altright “  taking a chance posting that on here, although some will like it.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

breakfast.jpg

The egg is ok ish.

6 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

breakfast.jpg

Barton Truck Stop? Farton Trick Shop, more like.

7 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

breakfast.jpg

I hope you and everyone involved in this go down for long enough for Louis Theroux to make a series about you all. 

14 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

breakfast.jpg

Is Barton’s truck shop in Chernobyl?

The meat looks like it’s come from a radioactive pig. The beans are a fucking disgrace.

• Upvote 3

Venue: Punch Tarmys, Grafton Street, Liverpool

Pp: £8.95 for the “Full Irish”

Verdict: Excellent. Real tasty and very filling. Real good value for what I got; 2 x Bacon 2 x Sausages, White Pudding, Black Pudding, Egg, Sautéd Mushroom, Sliced Tomato, Beans, 2 x Hash Browns, and a slice of toast. 

5E4E7967-906B-4B93-8B4A-419B39FB3B8C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

17 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Venue: Punch Tarmys, Grafton Street, Liverpool

Pp: £8.95 for the “Full Irish”

Verdict: Excellent. Real tasty and very filling. Real good value for what I got; 2 x Bacon 2 x Sausages, White Pudding, Black pudding, Egg, Sautéd Mushroom, Sliced Tomato, Beans, 2 x Hash Browns, and a slice of toast. 

5E4E7967-906B-4B93-8B4A-419B39FB3B8C.jpeg

Where is the person in-front of yours plate? And Pint? 

Breakdown:

Butter left in a packet - 2 (huge pet hate of mine)

1 slice of toast that will now be cold - 1

The bacon looks a tad undercooked but still nice enough 0

The black pudding looks fit +2

Im not fussed on white pudding so 0

The hash browns look like they are made of house brick -1

The egg looks nice +1

As does the mushroom +1

As does the tomato but where is the other half of it? 0

Them sausages are making my mouth water +2

A round white plate +1

Guinness +2

Beans on a fry-up -5 cunt

I'd eat that without beans on it. Actually I would intend too until they brought the butter out and I would frisbee the fucking thing right i to someones teeth. 

0. Nonce. 

• Upvote 2