You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

20 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Shiraz in Williamson Sq. 

2 fried eggs

3 bacon

2 sausages

Black pudding

Hash brown

Mushrooms

Tomato

Beans (of course)

2 toast

Mug of tea

One of my favourite breakfast spots this. Thick bacon, good sausages, eggs always done well, beans cooked so they're thick and there's plenty of them, tea is always good. 

£5.90 all in. 5/5 smashed the lot. 

IMG_20181103_142912.jpg

Decent price and decent amount of food but that's as good as it gets

Eggs overdone

Black pudding a cremated sorry afterthought

Mushies pathetic

Sausages low quality pink mush 

Cheap shit bread and the beans.... AIDS

Looks like it was put together by a 10 year old with learning difficulties using nothing but the poorest ingredients. What a shame 3.8/10

As I promised to aRdja a few weeks ago, when I next do a British breakfast (I took the word 'great' out as it probably isn't, but it did taste good) here is photographic evidence of this breakfast...Notice the lack of toast as I normally grill bread in the oven and for some reason it wouldn't heat up. I think the oven is finally on the blink so minus points obviously for the lack of toast which would have been under the eggs.

4 x Reduced Fat Pork Sausages on first

5 x Smoked Bacon Medallions added next

2 x Organic Large Eggs fried next followed by

6 x Chestnut Mushrooms sliced in half added at the same time as

8 x small tomatoes sliced closely followed by

4 x thin slices of 'Wee (meaning small I hope) Black Pudding'

all purchased from Tesco...

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATE0Yj

Reduced fat sausages - which looked undercooked, cherry tomatoes are for salads, fried eggs joined together, medallions of bacon instead of rashers and black pudding, so small, that I needed a magnifying glass to identify it. Chestnut mushrooms are boss but yours look a big shitty. 0/10 Repped for no beans.

• Upvote 1

Bacon is underdone

Could have splashed some fat on the eggs

Could have done fried bread

Cherry tomatoes

No keys 

No conker

Obviously those are all minus points

The fact that you have served it on a shower curtain gains you back half a point

No beans gives you a little boost

Lash it all in the bin now and it is a 5.5/10

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Reduced fat sausages - which looked undercooked, cherry tomatoes are for salads, fried eggs joined together, medallions of bacon instead of rashers and black pudding, so small, that I needed a magnifying glass to identify it. Chestnut mushrooms are boss but yours look a big shitty. 0/10 Repped for no beans.

Sausages were well cooked inside which is the main thing. Cherry tomatoes are a versatile fruit and cooked to a nice texture here. Fried eggs were twins and I felt bad to separate them. First time I ever had black pudding, let alone cooked it. It's a small sausage in a pack so thin slices helped to ensure at least a positive first experience. Surprisingly tasty which I didn't expect. Mushrooms were nice too. Substance over style means at least 1 point surely?

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Bacon is underdone

Could have splashed some fat on the eggs

Could have done fried bread

Cherry tomatoes

No keys 

No conker

Obviously those are all minus points

The fact that you have served it on a shower curtain gains you back half a point

No beans gives you a little boost

Lash it all in the bin now and it is a 5.5/10

It was smashed and banged in that order so no bin for it today. Maybe next time. Shower curtains are the done thing, don't you know?

7 hours ago, aRdja said:

My first real attempt at cooking it at myself. Bought all the ingredients at the butchers next door. That probably cost me less than £4. I acknowledge that there’s ample negative space as I didn’t have mushrooms or tomatoes in hand, also eggs over medium are not for everyone, however overall I was satisfied with the quality. I’m not sure I’m gonna make it a regular thing as I do enjoy eating out and trying new places (and sharing my experience with TLW). However, I might actually go and buy the ingredients and freeze them, for later consumption maybe on those real hungover Sundays, where I cba to leave the flat.

B050500F-F5B7-4760-AAC4-F55B618E74A6.jpeg

ron-swanson-computer-smash.gif

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, aRdja said:

My first real attempt at cooking it at myself. Bought all the ingredients at the butchers next door. That probably cost me less than £4. I acknowledge that there’s ample negative space as I didn’t have mushrooms or tomatoes in hand, also eggs over medium are not for everyone, however overall I was satisfied with the quality. I’m not sure I’m gonna make it a regular thing as I do enjoy eating out and trying new places (and sharing my experience with TLW). However, I might actually go and buy the ingredients and freeze them, for later consumption maybe on those real hungover Sundays, where I cba to leave the flat.

You need putting on a mental ward. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, aRdja said:

Hahahahahahahhahah fucking hell aRdja. 

On 11/4/2018 at 12:21 PM, Shooter in the Motor said:

Sausages were well cooked inside which is the main thing. 

Far too much of a risk factor involved for my liking. If they look undercooked, there's a chance that they may actually be undercooked. If they look cooked, way less likely.

• Upvote 1

On 11/4/2018 at 7:22 AM, aRdja said:

Really taking the piss now mate, not nice.

Points awarded for the double egg, but then swiftly deducted again because it's soled and heeled.

Beans somehow look even more horrifying when splattered over the edge of the plate, like they've come out of the back of a passing seagull.

Decent sausages though.

The lack of symmetry on the plate upsets me. Most of these breakfasts have a presentational style that suggests a cook's cryptic cry for help.

11 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I was taken for this breakie in Hawksmoor in London today. Glad I didn't pay £16.95! There was some toast with it too. It was pretty nice, home made hash browns and beans. Sausage was good, bacon smoked (I prefer unsmoked). Fucking 16.95 though. I'd give it an 8/10 for niceness, a 4/10 for value. 

IMG-20181107-WA0001.jpeg

I know making money is the name of the game, but I’d be embarrassed to charge £16.95 and not provide mushrooms, tomatoes and just the one slice of black pudding. I imagine it tasted nice (bar the beans, which, again, are a mingebag portion), but to charge almost 17 quid for that is daylight robbery.

26 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I know making money is the name of the game, but I’d be embarrassed to charge £16.95 and not provide mushrooms, tomatoes and just the one slice of black pudding. I imagine it tasted nice (bar the beans, which, again, are a mingebag portion), but to charge almost 17 quid for that is daylight robbery.

If someone charged me £17 for a fry up AND put fungus on it, I would kill their children in their sleep.

• Upvote 1