You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

Here is why my blackpudding looked so small. My scambled eggs were microwaved for ease. Well spotted Tony. The table cloth is not a full one it is a strip that goes down the centre. As i was sat at the head of the table you can see it. The conker is to be sucked on after eating bacon and or saussages to bring out a unique flavour.

20181006_224446.png

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Not a fan of dissectiing the bacon tbh -- it is a sum of its parts all working in complex unison to form the perfect food - dont mess with Mother Nature.

disagree entirely, show the pig a bit of love and respect, cut that shit up, it cooks at different temperatures and gives different textures, with the original fat ending up as crispy little shreds, the medallions still with a title moisture, and the streaky shit nicely overcooked.

The breakfast itself has been overlooked here. As I am relatively secure in my manhood I am not appalled at a green thing being around, or even on my plate at breakfast.

Is that a Spring Mix or just baby spinach?? 

No idea, that was not on the plate whilst I managed it - that was her own doing.

Avocado, quality, of course.

Now we have additional extra points for the halloumi. Honestly if you are going to truffle oil you could at least throw a spot of mushroom on here.

The only mushrooms to ever be consumed are magic, and it wasn't to be that kind of day 

On the scrambled eggs -- they look nice. Except they are scrambled

as requested by the patron

The sarnie is immense -- I notice you have re assembled the bacon into its natural state.

All in all a solid effort -- 7.2/10

hairy muff, I'm happy with that.

5 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Your food looks pretty good, with the exception of the scrambled eggs, which look a bit over cooked, in my opinion. However, I’ve negged you for the Mambo coasters and placemat. Awful clobber. 

well, you can get fucked with the awful clobber comment, I have some fine vintage mambo loud shirts - truly outstanding and earn much respect from those in the know, to be fair since the brand got sold to one of the big supermarket brands a decade or so back - it has gone to shit.

However, for the old classic stuff it's a worthy Australian Icon, great sense of humour, and highly original artwork.

one of the blokes who started Mambo in the early 80's, set up a motor cycle custom shop in Sydney back in 2006, opened a cafe/bar on the side of the workshop, and started selling some branded gear - Deus ex Machina now one of the cool Australian brands. The bikes are sound too, restored jap's and cafe racer style, not big yank hogs

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barry Wom said:

I reckon scrambled eggs cook much nicer and consistently in the microwave, one of the few things I would ever choose to micro. I wouldn't cook them any other way now, been doing them like that for 15/20 years. 

Fucking hell.

Doing it as a one-off is bad enough but understandable in rare circumstances; believing a microwave to always be the best way to scramble eggs is just wrong. Nothing cooked in a microwave is nicer or more consistent!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Karl_b said:

Fucking hell.

Doing it as a one-off is bad enough but understandable in rare circumstances; believing a microwave to always be the best way to scramble eggs is just wrong. Nothing cooked in a microwave is nicer or more consistent!

You need to try it. And it needs to be done properly, stopping each 60 or 30 seconds to keep stirring. You are missing out. 

• Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

You need to try it. And it needs to be done properly, stopping each 60 or 30 seconds to keep stirring. You are missing out. 

I dont even eat eggs but I wouldn’t do them in the microwave - you just don’t get the silky texture you should with scrambled eggs. 

They come out looking light and fluffy and then collapse in seconds. 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

"Properly" is over a low heat in a pan, making sure they're being scrambled every few seconds and seasoning at the right time. As Lifetime says, you get the proper texture cooking in a pan.

This might be the strongest view I've ever held over a single point on this forum. Microwaved scrambled eggs are an abomination. 

How long does it take you to do this in a microwave, what are you gaining by not using a pan?!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Karl_b said:

"Properly" is over a low heat in a pan, making sure they're being scrambled every few seconds and seasoning at the right time. As Lifetime says, you get the proper texture cooking in a pan.

This might be the strongest view I've ever held over a single point on this forum. Microwaved scrambled eggs are an abomination. 

How long does it take you to do this in a microwave, what are you gaining by not using a pan?!

Haven't don't it in a pan for years. And as for how long in the microwave, it depends on how many eggs. It's about 2 mins of microwave time for 2 eggs for me, but about 5 in total as you stir and rest it. If I'm cooking for the family, it probably takes 2 or 3 times that. 

57 minutes ago, Pidge said:

What are you gaining by doing it 30 seconds at a time.  Only takes a minute in the pan. 

If you're making eggs for a fair few people I get it, there's an economy of scale there, but for one or two of you?

I would say if you are scrambling eggs in a pan for a minute, you're cooking them too quickly. I'm not using the micro to save time, I did it because someone recommended it to me, I tried it and found I preferred them and could make them more consistently good than in the pan. 

"A minute" as a general term, probably more than 60 seconds if you want to be particular. Pre-heated pan on a pretty low heat.  It doesn't take much to cook a couple of eggs.  Keep it moving, fold it as soon as it starts to clag up, take it off direct heat and let it finish itself off.

Usually have a mug of tea stewing while I cook them, it's about right when I finish.  Let the eggs sit in the pan for a couple of seconds while I get the tea ready.  Plate ready for the eggs (depending on what I'm having it with), dump them out and everything's done at the right time.

9 hours ago, Pidge said:

"A minute" as a general term, probably more than 60 seconds if you want to be particular. Pre-heated pan on a pretty low heat.  It doesn't take much to cook a couple of eggs.  Keep it moving, fold it as soon as it starts to clag up, take it off direct heat and let it finish itself off.

Usually have a mug of tea stewing while I cook them, it's about right when I finish.  Let the eggs sit in the pan for a couple of seconds while I get the tea ready.  Plate ready for the eggs (depending on what I'm having it with), dump them out and everything's done at the right time.

I’m not a fan or sloppy scrambled eggs, got to be firm, and a minute in the pan doesn’t sound long enough.

• Upvote 1

You can see another slice of bacon under it, definitely two of them there.

I would demolish that, minor criticisms in that I would swap one hash brown for haggis & one of the black puddings for a third sausage.

The key looks fantastic also, textbook Yale.

• Upvote 1