You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

10 hours ago, SammyAftershave said:

ARdja, fair play to you for posting your breakfasts as I appreciate the trouble you have gone to photograph them and enjoy the comments they provoke but I have a serious question. Are you the CEO of a merchant banking firm? The prices you appear to pay so much for seemingly so little. It all makes me hanker back for Arthur's cafe on the East Lancs Road and a belly buster for less than 'half a kick'.

It just goes with the territory in London I’m afraid. Unless you go to a greasy spoon, which of course I’m not averse to, you’d expect to pay between £8-£12 pounds for a full English. You just hope they’re generous with the portion. 

You’re no longer surprised when they charge you £5 for a pint of Guinness in and around the city nowadays. It is ridiculous. Of course jobs here pay better, but not enough to cover the ridiculous rent and living costs. One of the reasons it’s looking like end of next year, my wife and I are moving to Australia.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

It just goes with the territory in London I’m afraid. Unless you go to a greasy spoon, which of course I’m not averse to, you’d expect to pay between £8-£12 pounds for a full English. You just hope they’re generous with the portion. 

You’re no longer surprised when they charge you £5 for a pint of Guinness in and around the city nowadays. It is ridiculous. Of course jobs here pay better, but not enough to cover the ridiculous rent and living costs. One of the reasons it’s looking like end of next year, my wife and I are moving to Australia.

Is your missus an Aussie as well, mate?

1 hour ago, milky said:

My brother, who's in custody now hopefully,IMG-20180924-WA0000.thumb.jpg.dce8a8e38c7565585dd7ce10f7dfd2f7.jpg was served this this morning. Dublin, or somewhere, too traumatized to remember the details.

I don't  know what to say about this one, looks like a bad school dinner, no bigger sign of a fucking wrongun though than someone who has tomato sauce on a plate with beans, and that's on him.

Fucking cocktail sausages, was the menu written on the wall, in shit ??

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, TheBitch said:

Had to neg Fuge, for negging aRdja, anyone negging aRdja is bang out of order, the guy is providing a service here and spending his own cash in the process. He's one of the top contributors to this thread.

It was a disgusting plate of shite.

why did you neg me for saying DaveK speaks to kids on the internet on the blueshite thread?

Are you DaveK?

• Downvote 1

No £9.50 wallet busters round here I'm pleased to report, but just been round the corner shop for a bottle of milk and on the spur of the moment bought a pack of their brandless cheap as fuck bacon (about 30 rashers for £1.99).

Cooked low and slow, hardly the breakfast of champions but 2 bacon sarnies; 1 medium with just a dab of the juices from the pan, the other crispy with HP brown sauce, white bread, Lurpak butter. Cup of coffee, happy fucking days.

Good day to you sirs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

No £9.50 wallet busters round here I'm pleased to report, but just been round the corner shop for a bottle of milk and on the spur of the moment bought a pack of their brandless cheap as fuck bacon (about 30 rashers for £1.99).

Cooked low and slow, hardly the breakfast of champions but 2 bacon sarnies; 1 medium with just a dab of the juices from the pan, the other crispy with HP brown sauce, white bread, Lurpak butter. Cup of coffee, happy fucking days.

Good day to you sirs.

Coffee.

NV is not gonna like that.

30 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Good day to you sirs.

Good day to you, sir. Negged.

• Upvote 1

The contents of that last plate appear to be remarkably similar to the blockage that Dynorod removed from my drain last February. When it was time to pay they presented their findings in a bucket covered in piss and shit but without the single portion of butter/spread and to be fair it gave that satanic abomination a run for its money in the presentation stakes. Given the choice of the two the bucket and its contents wins out on epicurean allure.