You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

I am shocked, shocked by the feedback

The black pudding was a revelation. The butcher said it was from a new supplier and had a slight aniseedy taste to it - he was right it was fucking amazing.

At the end of the day if you're used to cheap processed shite and sugary gloop aka beans then the first sight of high quality, locally sourced produce(black pud exc) is going to confound and even frighten some people. Such is the hard, thankless task us breakfast innovators have taken upon ourselves

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Seasons said:

Someone needs to go through this thread and list all the soft blerts who haven't posted their breakfast. 

Have a feeling prime gimp #1 is going to be NV. 

I was one of the first to ever post a picture actually. Those who have spring onion on there breakfast shouldn’t throw stones. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Seasons said:

Eggs are a joke. Cherry toms are great, bonus point for having 4 of the lovely fuckers, bacon can fuck right off, as can the weirdly cut black puddling. Toast is shitely done. Blue plates are for bitter cunts and gobshites who can't make breakfasts. 

4/10. 

Eggs looked good, one flipped but we all make mistakes, yoke intact which is the main thing.  Black pudding is blood, fat and oatmeal mushed together (delicious) - who gives a fuck how it's cut?  It's not toast, it's fried bread and don't you ever tell bacon to fuck off.  Not even as a joke.

I give this review of a breakfast 1/10.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, mattyq said:

I've got some cracking sausages but I thought I'd make toad in the hole later on in the week so missed them out

Normally I'd do a load of mushies but forgot to buy them the other day and couldn't be arsed to go back down to the shops.

Black pud was Stornoway, crisp on the outside fluffy inside. 3 rashers of streaky and 1 of back, all smoked, of course

Bread fried and both eggs with soft runny yolks one over easy. HP, lots of

Pot of tea and a tall glass of juice... everything bought from local butchers, £10 for 2 large breakfasts

IMG_0075.JPG

As always I can only critique the veggie elements. No beans or hash brown is a terrific start and the fried bread looks great. Eggs look overcooked and the tomatoes not at all. Why have you perched it on the edge of the table and where's the tea, keys, conker? 

• Upvote 2

On 8/26/2014 at 6:42 PM, Guest Numero Veinticinco said:

That'll do me, pig

92aDoqB_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

My breakfast from 2014. 

Toast is perfect, egg is the best this thread has seen, bacon is great, sausages look well cooked but average quality. Beans are a disgrace as they are undercooked. Hash brown was homemade and looks a bit shit. No black pudding or mushrooms because I don’t like them, that’ll piss a few off. Could do better, but very edible. 

7/10

14 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

My breakfast from 2014. 

Toast is perfect, egg is the best this thread has seen, bacon is great, sausages look well cooked but average quality. Beans are a disgrace as they are undercooked. Hash brown was homemade and looks a bit shit. No black pudding or mushrooms because I don’t like them, that’ll piss a few off. Could do better, but very edible. 

7/10

Should have left well enough alone pal -- a single egg ( a      single       egg)

- flick some of the grease on it FFS -- far from perfect, in fact a tad underdone.

What is under the egg and toast top left ???     -- sketchy.

So now we move to the hash brown, homemade and shit -- this is your stuff innit? There is ALOT of green showing through the brown there. Green. So....

Bacon looks microwaved.

The only true statement in that post, and it is signature worthy, is:

Beans are a disgrace 

5/10

• Like 1