You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

The ultimate breakfast, for me:

Three small-medium fluffy pancakes(NA Style, none of this crepe business)

Two sausages (I'm not fussy about cooking style or make: pork, beef --- grilled would be nice)

Four streaky bacon (fried, grilled, whatever... just give me fucking bacon)

Two eggs - Fried.

Toast.

Maple syrup over everything, except the eggs, and toast. Have you ever used the toast to transfer the egg yoke to your stomach? It's an ace delivery system for that.

Orange Juice.

And a Post-Breakfast cuppa to aid in the digestion of said meal.

Two sausages (I'm not fussy about cooking style or make: pork, beef --- grilled would be nice)

Two eggs - Fried.

Toast.

Maple syrup over everything, except the eggs, and toast. Have you ever used the toast to transfer the egg yoke to your stomach? It's an ace delivery system for that.

Orange Juice.

doing_it_wrong_bike.jpg

Two eggs - Fried.

Toast.

Orange Juice.

fail-owned-breakfast-bread-and-bread-fail.jpg

That is just a post out of ignorance, Red Thorpey and Woo.

Ignorance? Just plain wrongness is what it is!

Bet you secretly get some beans on that breakfast and drape them in syrup aswell don't you, you sick fuck!

However, both these ingredients should be kept entirely separate to your initial fry-up. Maple syrup on meat is just wrong.

Do you have retarded tastebuds? Have you ever tried it? There are few things in this world as surprisingly delicious as syrup and bacon.

I will agree that sausages and syrup is a bit dodgy, but I've grown used to it as I tend to smother the pancakes in syrup, and the sausages tend to sit down the incline from the pancakes which causes a logistical nightmare.

Ignorance? Just plain wrongness is what it is!

Bet you secretly get some beans on that breakfast and drape them in syrup aswell don't you, you sick fuck!

I will only abide beans in a English Breakfast set up. I can honestly say that I've never eaten beans, the canned varietal, with the exception of their inclusions in the english breakfast.

Do you have retarded tastebuds? Have you ever tried it? There are few things in this world as surprisingly delicious as syrup and bacon.

I will agree that sausages and syrup is a bit dodgy, but I've grown used to it as I tend to smother the pancakes in syrup, and the sausages tend to sit down the incline from the pancakes which causes a logistical nightmare.

I have had maple syrup and bacon, but it was exceptionally salty, crisp bacon you only seem to get in North America, so the sweetness did work, I will confess.

However, with your standard English smoked back bacon (my preferred choice), that level of sweetness is just overpowering.

I have had maple syrup and bacon, but it was exceptionally salty, crisp bacon you only seem to get in North America, so the sweetness did work, I will confess.

However, with your standard English smoked back bacon (my preferred choice), that level of sweetness is just overpowering.

You will note that I listed Streaky bacon in my breakfast, not back bacon, so you realise the pairing that I've advocated is justifiable.

Noted, but you also list sausages and fried eggs.

And that's just wrong.

I've explained that the syrup is to stay away from the Eggs and Toast. So we can ignore those...

However, the sausage would normally be pork. I'm going to enquire now as to the historical pairing of pork products with sweet fruits and sauces in many cultures. In central europe, you'll find pork fillets stuffed with various fruits. Eastern europe? You'll find such items as pork in jell-o (which is actually horrifying and I couldn't bring myself to try it), Kvass soup... which is a cold soup of Kvass cola, ham, and finely chopped apple and vegetable. You'll find honey and garlic pork in East Asia. Finally, in continental North America and England, you'll often find pork chops paired with apple sauce or glaze.

I rest my case.

Two eggs - Fried.

Toast.

Orange Juice.

Gayest ultimate breakfast ever.

Negged.

Fried eggs, with the yolk done but still runny. No snotty eggs allowed.

Sausages.

Bacon.

Mushrooms.

Black Pudding (or if you're in Scotland, haggis. Haggis is Black Pudding+)

Tomato sauce.

Buttered white bread to mop up the yolk at the end.

Cup of tea.

Sports pages.

Beautiful.

OK, try this baby for size.

4 Richmond sausages (grilled)

3 rashers of smoked back bacon (grilled)

2 eggs (scrambled)

4 hash browns (melt on a bit of chilli cheese)

mushrooms (fried in a bit of soy and chilli)

baked beans (add brown sauce and a bit of vinegar)

2 slices of thick granary toast (buttered)

Plenty of Tomato sauce to dip the sausage and bacon in.

Drink...fresh filtered coffee and a glass of M & S freshly squeezed Orange Juice.

That, for me, is the best breakfast ever. Everyone needs cheese and chilli on their breakfast.

OK, try this baby for size.

4 Richmond sausages (grilled)

3 rashers of smoked back bacon (grilled)

2 eggs (scrambled)

4 hash browns (melt on a bit of chilli cheese)

mushrooms (fried in a bit of soy and chilli)

baked beans (add brown sauce and a bit of vinegar)

2 slices of thick granary toast (buttered)

Plenty of Tomato sauce to dip the sausage and bacon in.

Drink...fresh filtered coffee and a glass of M & S freshly squeezed Orange Juice.

That, for me, is the best breakfast ever. Everyone needs cheese and chilli on their breakfast.

Beans? Beans??

Report for upgrade immediately.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
How can you not have beans on a full English?

Exactly. It's almost like complaining at the presence of meat.

Almost.

This was my effort just then;

DSC_0049.jpg

As you can see, nothing spectacular about it, and missing a few of the trimmings, but it was still lovely. Only maor snag was trying to answer my phone whilst finishing to cook the egg, which resulted in the yolk breaking, as I was transferring it out of the pan and onto the plate.

All in all, an 8/10.

How can you not have beans on a full English?

Too much sauce on the beans, and it makes the whole breakfast far too wet. Only time I'd ever have beans, is if they were overcooked, and thus the vast majority of the sauce had evaporated. Even then, it would only be a few spoonfuls on the side of my plate.