You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lagers of the World

Carradona

I know there are plenty of beer threads out there, but this is specific. I picked up a "Lagers of the World" set in Tesco earlier and it has 4 different beers from around the world:

1) Tuborg (Denmark)

2) Asahi (Japan)

3) San Miguel (Spain)

4) Sun Lik Beer (China)

Which one of them is the best do you reckon?

Also had some Tsingtao beer in the Ma Bo earlier which went down a treat.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dog Chaser

Not tried the Chinese beer but the other 3 are all good. Tuborg being my pick, its brewed by Carlsberg and is more popular in Denmark than Carlsberg. Asahi is the Japanese rice beer, which is a very good beer. San Miguel is just associated with holidays in Spain

My arl lad loves it. Since you're from Denmark I'm going to ask you this Pete. Is it true that it is made in the same factory/brewery as Carlsberg?

Yes, Carlsberg owns Tuborg. In some countries like say France, Tuborg is the main brand and you rarely see Carlsberg, other places it is the other way round. Carlsberg being the main brand in more countries than Tuborg though. Tuborg in Denmark is a brand beer, like say Heineken or Carlsberg here.

Tuborg is fucking ace, I used to live in Denmark and I used to drink it when I had money.

When I wasn't treating myself to Tuborg, I would drink Dansk Pilsner (Spelling might be wrong) from Fakta. The Danes on here will hopefully know what I am talking about.

dp.jpg

I owe you a neg Robbie

Dansk Pilsner is indeed a very cheap beer in Denmark. Nothing like being able to get pissed for nothing in the parks, 30 bottles, "en kasse" and off you go.

This is the best one though...

ceres_royalExport_speFlaske.jpg

Dansk Pilsner is indeed a very cheap beer in Denmark. Nothing like being able to get pissed for nothing in the parks, 30 bottles, "en kasse" and off you go.

This is the best one though...

ceres_royalExport_speFlaske.jpg

It was fairly nice considering the price we paid for Dansk Pilsner, I will have to test out your recommendation

I know there are plenty of beer threads out there, but this is specific. I picked up a "Lagers of the World" set in Tesco earlier and it has 4 different beers from around the world:

1) Tuborg (Denmark)

2) Asahi (Japan)

3) San Miguel (Spain)

4) Sun Lik Beer (China)

Which one of them is the best do you reckon?

Also had some Tsingtao beer in the Ma Bo earlier which went down a treat.

How many of these were actually brewed in the country of origin? I really don't like it when you, for example, buy some 'Jamaican' Red Stripe lager, then read the small print & discover it was brewed under licence in the UK...

Robbie reckoning he's a connoisseur of lager, and he's probably not even legally allowed to drink it. Sun Lik beer is one of the few Chinese beers I like. I've also had a few bottles of this in the Wetherspoons by ours, it comes in the best bottle ever;

Lucky_Beer.jpg

Yep, the bottle is shaped like a motherfucking buddha!

Tuborg can vary in this country though. There is a really nice 4.6% version, but be wary of the vastly inferior 4.2% one.

I got the same set as Cain for my birthday although instead of SunLik I got a Brazilian beer that I haven't had before called...fuck I forgot, it has a blue label and began with P.

Can anyone name any French beers? Most that you think are French are actually Belgian. There are some French beers, but not that most people will have heard of.

Robbie reckoning he's a connoisseur of lager, and he's probably not even legally allowed to drink it. Sun Lik beer is one of the few Chinese beers I like. I've also had a few bottles of this in the Wetherspoons by ours, it comes in the best bottle ever;

Lucky_Beer.jpg

Yep, the bottle is shaped like a motherfucking buddha!

You're right. 3 and half months and I will be.

Wasn't Jan Molby's nickname in the Danish squad Faxe due to his love of the beer?

faxe.jpg

They used to sell that in the Asda by ours and some of the Cains pubs in town used to have it on draught, very nice pint actually.

they used to do huge cans of Faxe. they were brilliant. the cans looked even bigger in the hands of my housemate 'beadlehands' (named for his unusually small hands of course)