You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Insua, Ability & Experience

Red Nick

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we played Arsenal in the league last season Insua had a sprint for the ball with Sagna who is pretty fast and yet Insua managed to win the race.

I think the lad is carrying some extra timber this season and is effecting his pace.

I don't know if Rafa has told the lad to improve his upper body strength or not but especially during his time in the reserves Insua did not appear slow.

I think he's fast enough going forward but can be caught out for pace when he's turned. This part of his game should improve with experience.

He's as quick as Carra who I seem to remember producing some great performances at left back.

Insua needs to work on his habit getting caught out on the wrong side of the attacking players inside the box.

His positioning is not the best and the fact he is not the fastest either does not really help him being able to make up for it. Aurelio have much of the same poblem though together with Dossena so its not much we can do other than hope Insua will learn.

I want to get back to this, at times he has no awarness about whats happening in a 3m radius around him inside the box.

Piss poor defending once again today.

It's just a shame that the band wagon is gathering speed, unfortunately, driven primarily by people who have not a clue or an appreciation of context of what they are talking about.

But that's the game these days, get on the players' back until you managed to squeeze every ounce of the self-confidence out of them, reducing them to a shell and then pat yourselves on the back for your part in the self-fulfilling prophesy.

I just hope none of you treat your kids in the same manner.

He's a fucking disgrace and for all those wankers out there defending him after the UTD game lets face it he is a Left back who cost us the game today and other games this season. He is a useless fucking defender end of story

Why I'm responding to a fucking beaut like you I'll never know. The Greek was at fault for their first, didn't cut out the angle, the only thing he had to do.

Infact, fuck it, you're just a retard.

Why I'm responding to a fucking beaut like you I'll never know. The Greek was at fault for their first, didn't cut out the angle, the only thing he had to do.

and you obviously know fuck all about football and a defender being goalside rather than just watiching the opponent put the ball in the net.

Anyone who tries to defend insua is a retart dont think there is anyone else on this site trying to defend him.

Worst post of the day

and you obviously know fuck all about football and a defender being goalside rather than just watiching the opponent put the ball in the net.

Anyone who tries to defend insua is a retart dont think there is anyone else on this site trying to defend him.

Worst post of the day

Strange that the whole pub where I waitched it said the same.

Retart

Nope, Insua was at fault for the first one. He is the one that can see the attacker coming towards goal, so he has to either let Kyrgiakos know or follow him in, he does neither, he just watches the ball. It was his mistake.

Nope, Insua was at fault for the first one. He is the one that can see the attacker coming towards goal, so he has to either let Kyrgiakos know or follow him in, he does neither, he just watches the ball. It was his mistake.

I'll watch it again. But seemed to me the centreback was just static, n o anticiption whatso ever. The fullback would have to be fucking nippy to get around zamora

If Kyriagkos didn't know there was a striker there then he's the retart.

Look the problem is a simple one, both of the players were in a position to do something about it. ONE of them needed to take responsibility, unfortunately no-one did. That has in fact been our problem all season either people are trying to take too much responsibility or they are leaving the responsibility to someone else. It's more than just a failure by the individuals, it's a failure of the unit as a collective. For example if Agger had been playing, he would have taken responsibility.

Insua is a poor player, he nearly cost us against Manu with a sloppy back pass. Today he was abysmal, I have never rated him, just some liverpool fans as usual singing his praises when in fact he is mediocre to poor. SImply not good enough and we have conceded a lot of goals due to his lack of pace and poor positioning. Glad Hansen pulled him up on it, because some people are clearly oblivious. Rafa is sticking by too many poor players!

He was playing well last season but he's not been able to handle being first choice LB. Need Aurelio or better in that position. But Insua is a decent squad option when he's playing well. I wouldn't lay the blame entirely on him; he's just a kid and his experienced colleagues have been equally as bad.

Without going into the issue of his ability and long-term prospects, it seems utterly self-evident to me that the lad is playing really badly and, at the very least, needs to be dropped. I am stunned that anyone can deny he's at fault when he lets a player run past him - in front of his very eyes - in the box to score and doesn't even react. Ditto the fact that he didn't even attempt to close down the final ball for the second goal.

On the back of other recent poor performances (Lyon was a horror show) and mistakes from earlier in the season (back post non-header against someone springs to mind amongst other less costly ones), the lad needs taking out of the spotlight for his own good. The very least you need to be to defend for Liverpool is solid and he's patently not.