You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Serie A in the glory years

Nunavut Patrick

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breakfasts of chorizo sausage and strong coffee hungover from the night before.

When they turned the water cannons on the Genoa fans at one match and then switched over to another...classic tv...as it'd all kicked off.

Baresi scored a goal one match and it was a give and go and I just remember the commentator:

Baresi gave he got and it went in.

Sampdoria were ace to watch. The Milan side were brilliant.

I'm made up they (Sampdoria) are doing well this season. Used to follow them quite a bit when they won the serie A and went to the European Cup final. Brilliant team. Pagliuca, Mannini, Cerezo, Catanez (sp?), Vialli, Lombardo, Mancini, Vierchovod,...Boy I love this team.

Some great great players when Gazzetta was around. Beppe Signori was brilliant for Lazio but never quite did it for Italy. Even the underrated ones had class, such as Marco Simone, Antonio Benarrivo and Alberigo Evani. Back then, Serie A and the Premier League had a monumental gulf in class.

I remember when Lazio has a three pronged attack of Beppe Signori, Pierluigi Casiraghi, and Alen Boksic. They were proper brilliant. Used to like Aron Winter too. One season I remember they spent like £70m in one summer on the likes of Salas, Fuser and some others. That's more than Rafa spends now and that was 10 years ago.

Weah scoring from his own half was the pinnacle.

I remember some sensational Parma teams as well. When AC won the league one season and they all ran the length of the pitch and did a line of dives holding hands sticks in my head as well

The Parma teams where class. With Crespo and Cannavaro and the like.

Haha yeah I remember watching Weah do that live - i was screaming for my dad to come in from the garden...

IN all my life, I have still never found a job that would compare to James Richardson's. Sat with a cappuchino and a zabaglione on his cafe table in beautiful places reading the paper...

What.a.job.

Breakfasts of chorizo sausage and strong coffee hungover from the night before.

When they turned the water cannons on the Genoa fans at one match and then switched over to another...classic tv...as it'd all kicked off.

Baresi scored a goal one match and it was a give and go and I just remember the commentator:

Baresi gave he got and it went in.

remember that goal well - he broke out of his own penalty area I think, passed it someone who held it up on the half way line, they flicked it through and baresi's run broke the offside trap and he ran through and scored - he was 34 or 35 at the time!

Haha yeah I remember watching Weah do that live - i was screaming for my dad to come in from the garden...

IN all my life, I have still never found a job that would compare to James Richardson's. Sat with a cappuchino and a zabaglione on his cafe table in beautiful places reading the paper...

What.a.job.

James Richardson is a god.

That Juve team was even better with Vieri in it.

Yep. Vieri, Boksic and Del Piero was one hell of a strike force. It had everything. And behind them creative types such as Zidane and Jugovic. How they lost to that Dortmund team is a mystery. Great line up.