You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jovetic

Red Mist

They really are a bunch of diving cheats.

I took my girlfriend to the game there last week and she has never seen a live game and even she said why are they always falling over.

The best one was from jokvic when yet another long ball into the box and he just threw himself at goalie then rolled around holding his face. Either a pen or a dive, but ref just ignored. All the stupid ities were screaming for a pen. Only Man U or chelsea get those ....

jovetic will be class, and i'd love him alonside nando next season. just because he goes down easily doesn't make him a bad player. We deserved to get twatted after that shite performance. ronaldo went down every 10 seconds at united, still one of the worlds best. Drogba goes down at the slightest touch, the cunt, but boy would i love him at liverpool, always seems to shit all over carra.

That's European refs for you. UEFA are determined to make football a non-contact sport and are instructing their match officials accordingly.

England remains the last bastion of the football of old. For now, at least.

Did you see Diawara's tackle on Ronaldo last night. Absolutely perfect slide, getting really strong contact on ball before man, from the side not the back, yet still a penalty with a sending off for dissent. Rubbish. No wonder Jovetic and co cheat the way they do when slide tackling is slowing becoming outlawed.

Did you see Diawara's tackle on Ronaldo last night. Absolutely perfect slide, getting really strong contact on ball before man, from the side not the back, yet still a penalty with a sending off for dissent. Rubbish. No wonder Jovetic and co cheat the way they do when slide tackling is slowing becoming outlawed.

What about Vidic, then? Clear foul and already on a blatant booking from the first half, still no second yellow and red, fucking unbelieveable. There is absolutely no consistency among refs' decisions at all these days. It's the same set of rules all over, still they are interpreted completely different from game to game.

I remembered him from the game against Ireland, really stood out that day too, he has loads of technical abilitly.

Yeah. Setting aside his diving for a second, I would love one of our young players to show such a display when playing against a top European side. It was not easy to see Carra and Skrtel are established top European centre halfs. I'd love to have a 19 year old player with such ability in our club. Unfortunately I don't think we have any at that level.

• 2 months later...

Liverpool Echo.co.uk - Liverpool FC - Columnists - Dominic King - DOMINIC KING: David Ngog is looking the ideal second striker for Liverpool FC

"It is no secret that Benitez wanted to sign a second striker in the summer and had the goalposts not been moved, there is reason to believe Stevan Jovetic Fiorentinas gifted Serbian star would have ended up at Anfield.

You may understand, then, why Benitez glowered more than he has ever done during a game, when Jovetic scored twice at Stadio Artemio Franchi in September to put Liverpool on the road to Champions League oblivion."