You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saudi Investor buy 25% liverpool stock

Redzawi

I don't see what the highlighted bit has do with what I have said.

Not singling you out per se, but how's any of the last page or so anything to do with a Saudi investor interested in buying 25% of the club? Unless said Saudi wants the club to re-sign Crouch.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is relevant beacuse a neutral, highly regarded judge rates Heskey who receives so much abuse on this site, higher than this mythical player who is now written about as a combination of Lofthouse & Gerd Muller in their primes

Most of the time a much richer club wants a player they get him, even if he is contracted, by offering him a lot more money.

We saw that with Xabi & LadyBoy in the summer.

It is relevant because a neutral highly respected judge clearly thinks that Heskey who gets all kinds of abuse on here is better than Crouch.

Anytime any player is transfered above a certain value, the agent involved will leak it to every other bigger club, in the hope that they get interested "gazump" the deal & pay him a lot more money.

Crouch has moved twice in the last 18 months in reasonably big money moves.

The Mancs have similar financial troubles to us at the moment so they are not gettinge exactly who they want anymore- they had to sign Owen ffs!

However they didn't in 2008 & the Chavs don't now.

If either of them had wanted Crouch he would be there.

So the critics on this site expect us to win the League, whilst questioning the manager getting rid of a player who is not good enough for the 2 big spenders in the race!It is completely illogical.

The mere fact that we are involved with players like Crouch is because we are fighting the Mancs,Chavs & now City with 2 hands tied behind our back.

Firstly who talks about Crouch in those terms? Most who rate him talk about him as a useful option who is good at holding the ball up and can also score goals - nobody rates him as world class or anything. Most feel he would be better than all our strikers Torres apart and I doubt even you could disagree with that.

Also how do you think that those two clubs not wanting Crouch means he is not good enough I don't know. Maybe they are happy with what they have got, maybe they have different priorities etc

Do you seriously think that Ferguson thinks Macheda for instance is a better player than Crouch? I woul be shocked if he does but maybe he wants to give youth a chance and use his money elsewhere.

Also just because most Liverpool fans have a low opinion on Heskey doesn't mean he is a bad player. I think all that shows is that they have seen the worst of him which is very bad but I imagine all of them would be very happy if we signed Heskey and he performed like he originally did when we signed him.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Crouch was a quality footballer.

Yup, and it was a disgrace how he was pushed out in favour of Voronin.

Don't blame him for not wanting to come back in the Summer.

City owner wants to buy Real Madrid: Report - Top Stories - Top Stories - English Premier League - Football - Sports - The Times of India.

City owner wants to buy Real Madrid: Report

AFP 27 December 2009, 06:34pm IST

Text Size:

|

Topics:

* Real Madrid

* Manchester City

* Sheikh Mansour

MADRID: Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan has made inquiries about trying to buy Real Madrid, according to an unconfirmed

Man City

Day in Pics: December 26

Twitter Facebook Share

Email Print Save Comment

report on Sunday.

AS said the Abu Dhabi-based billionaire would be prepared to pay one billion euros for the Spanish giants, home to world class players like Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Spanish sports

daily did not name its source but claimed: "Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan has commissioned representatives to offer the sum (of one billion euros) to buy out the club."

AS added, however, that such a deal would be almost impossible.

Real would need the permission of their shareholding fans to change its legal statutes, which would then pave the way for any deal to go through. Fans of Real vote on the election of most of the board and the club's president.

AS added that a meeting between the Sheikh and Real president Florentino Perez could be held early in 2010. Real are reported to have debts of 327 million euros.

If the plan gathered momentum, it would inevitably start alarm bells ringing for English Premier League side Manchester City, where Italian Roberto Mancini has just taken over following the sacking of Mark Hughes.

The rules of European football's ruling body UEFA dictate that two different clubs cannot have the same owner.

Didn't want to create a new thread for this, so putting it here.

They'll just have Man City owned by one family member, and Real Madrid owned by another, ultimately the "family" would own both clubs, but that's not what the paperwork would say...

Yup, and it was a disgrace how he was pushed out in favour of Voronin.

Don't blame him for not wanting to come back in the Summer.

Last summer or this one coming?

Would be delighted to see him come back, if he brought Lennon with him as well it would be even better

Didn't Rafa want Lennon and we all thought he was shit and didn't want him?

Not all of us.

I was told he was shit and had no final ball when I suggested him. For me he has always had the talent to be one of the best wingers in the world. When he's on form he is literally unplayable.

Not all of us.

I was told he was shit and had no final ball when I suggested him. For me he has always had the talent to be one of the best wingers in the world. When he's on form he is literally unplayable.

You must've been in a very small minority.

I remember nearly everyone said he was shit.

He's improved loads.

You must've been in a very small minority.

I remember nearly everyone said he was shit.

He's improved loads.

At the time he could have gone either way so I understand people not rating him but he has found an end product and consistency

When you look at the way he drops his shoulder and turns on the pace you are dealing with a top draw attacker. When he cost £10m and had his more obvious flaws he was worth a gamble. He'll be double that now though and out of our price range

I have no clue what Rafa thinks or says to players.

There's no point saying this and then following it with...

I can only comment on what is out there in public. It seems to me that Rafa brought Crouch in when he was considered a mediocre player, stood by him when he established himself as an England regular and a "celebrity", and got somewhat pissed off with him with the "celebrity" stuff.

And to compound the contradiction...

More than that is guesswork for me.

I don't know what Rafa think either so I don't know if he was 'pissed off' with Crouch's 'celebrity'. However, if he was pissed off with it and made this the reason he binned him, I would then be pissed off with Rafa. How the press write about a player should mean nothing to a clinical manager. What should matter to such a manager is how the player performs on the pitch and at the club and how he represents the club away from it. I hardly think Crouch's robotics for England put LFC in disrepute or made him a celebrity.

There's no point saying this and then following it with...

And to compound the contradiction...

I don't know what Rafa think either so I don't know if he was 'pissed off' with Crouch's 'celebrity'. However, if he was pissed off with it and made this the reason he binned him, I would then be pissed off with Rafa. How the press write about a player should mean nothing to a clinical manager. What should matter to such a manager is how the player performs on the pitch and at the club and how he represents the club away from it. I hardly think Crouch's robotics for England put LFC in disrepute or made him a celebrity.

My post was an answer to another post, please read it in that context. Nothing that I posted was a contradiction, what I said was in public was in public.

Now you may wish to change the wording "pissed off" to something else, and nitpick even further, but that changes very little.

Kindly go ahead and be pissed off with Rafa. You have plenty of company here. However, instead of Crouch I'd worry about goals conceded and lack of confidence in the team.

When he was with us, Crouch was an England international who was a bit part player. He wanted to move on to further his career. It wasn't bad management to offload him for decent money.

The incredibly cautious approach and lack of conficence in the team? Manager has to step up to the plate here

Big deal.

We had a player who could do that a million times better but Benitez decided to fuck him off.

You mean the guy who had one year left on his deal, wouldn't sign a new one? The guy we got £11m for?

Did anyone see the attendence yesterday some 2000 undersold

Now that has to be worrying to the owners especially with there model being the new stadium

If they dont get a good team they wont fill it.

Not necessarily, we're one of the few clubs who report the actual attendance rather than the tickets sold, so it could just be a case of people from around the country not being able to get there, people not going because of previous arrangements for Christmas, foreign season-ticket-holders not being able to make it or a combination of all of the above.

Last year's boxing day attendance was 43,500 and the weather was way worse this year.

You mean the guy who had one year left on his deal, wouldn't sign a new one? The guy we got £11m for?

Not necessarily, we're one of the few clubs who report the actual attendance rather than the tickets sold, so it could just be a case of people from around the country not being able to get there, people not going because of previous arrangements for Christmas, foreign season-ticket-holders not being able to make it or a combination of all of the above.

Last year's boxing day attendance was 43,500 and the weather was way worse this year.

It's also a lot more difficult to sell a ticket if you can't make the game than it used to before the fancard/letter system.